2012 / 2013 RCI Deployment Opening Schedule

mac_tlc

Well ok - but Apr 7 is not the begin of the week - so we will see...

Do you think a bit later? ;)

I think it will be the exact date! :D

I look forward to see the itineraries!

As you say, unlike the other scheduled dates, April 7th doesn't begin the week so it may be more likely that the itineraries will actually be released on that date, but I would not be surprised if the announcement was made on a later date.

I just spoke with the RCI travel agent call center and was told that the longer Caribbean cruises from Cape Liberty will be out April 11th and the shorter Caribbean and Bahamas cruises will be released on April 18th.

The agent said these cruises will go up till March/April 2013. Last year's release dates were delayed and she said that this year's estimated dates could be too.

She couldn't confirm that the Liberty OTS would be taking the Explorer OTS place but she did say that she heard the same thing in the call center.

- Miriam

As you say, unlike the other scheduled dates, April 7th doesn't begin the week so it may be more likely that the itineraries will actually be released on that date, but I would not be surprised if the announcement was made on a later date.
You called that one... looks like the release of the 7-Night Caribbean deployment has been pushed back a couple weeks to the week of April 25th. I have a feeling they are not really sure what they want to do yet.

RCCL updated Deployment schedule: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2011/Deployment/11022686-2012-13_Deployment/deployment.html

I just spoke with the RCI travel agent call center and was told that the longer Caribbean cruises from Cape Liberty will be out April 11th and the shorter Caribbean and Bahamas cruises will be released on April 18th.

The agent said these cruises will go up till March/April 2013. Last year's release dates were delayed and she said that this year's estimated dates could be too.

She couldn't confirm that the Liberty OTS would be taking the Explorer OTS place but she did say that she heard the same thing in the call center.

- Miriam

RCI website is now showing Fall 2012 cruises from Cape Liberty to Quebec City on the Brilliance. It shows one cruise from CL to Quebec City, then a few round trips from Quebec City and one last one from Quebec City back to Cape Liberty.

Could the Brilliance be staying in Cape Liberty? We'll find out in a few weeks.

While I really hoped a Freedom class would come into Bayonne, I remembered that one of the captains said that the draft of the Freedom class vessels was to deep for Cape Liberty. I thought that if anyone would know it would be the captain.

I also seem to remember that when the Freedom of the Seas paid a visit to NYC on her inagural trip down to Florida, she was moored in the harbor and not docked.

So, Radiance class would make more sense. I don't care, as long as it's something different. Explorer, we love you, but it's time for a change!

Notice how the schedule now says Northeast Caribbean-Winter week of 4/25/11. That's a change. At least we have a new date to shoot for, albeit 3 weeks away. Sheesh. Youl would have though they had this figured out by now.

RCI website is now showing Fall 2012 cruises from Cape Liberty to Quebec City on the Brilliance. It shows one cruise from CL to Quebec City, then a few round trips from Quebec City and one last one from Quebec City back to Cape Liberty.

Could the Brilliance be staying in Cape Liberty? We'll find out in a few weeks.

While I really hoped a Freedom class would come into Bayonne, I remembered that one of the captains said that the draft of the Freedom class vessels was to deep for Cape Liberty. I thought that if anyone would know it would be the captain.

I also seem to remember that when the Freedom of the Seas paid a visit to NYC on her inagural trip down to Florida, she was moored in the harbor and not docked.

So, Radiance class would make more sense. I don't care, as long as it's something different. Explorer, we love you, but it's time for a change!

Maybe the Brillance will replace the (X) Silhouette on 12nt voyages to the carribean from CL in the fall of 2012 ??????

Don't forget that the Silhouette will NOT return to Cape Liberty in Dec 2012, but will go to Port Everglades to take over Solstice sailings!

Yes. Solstice is going to Australia in winter 2012/13 and may then go to Alaska(?) She will certainly end up on the West Coast

So....what about the 9-night gaps between Bermuda sailings of the Explorer out of Port Liberty for summer '12? Will they be posted on the 11th? The wait is killing me! What the heck?!?!?!:eek:

So....what about the 9-night gaps between Bermuda sailings of the Explorer out of Port Liberty for summer '12? Will they be posted on the 11th? The wait is killing me! What the heck?!?!?!:eek:
Me too. I was looking forward to seeing the 2012/2013 7-night Caribbean itineraries next week. Oh well, just have to wait a couple more weeks.

If the RCCL chart is accurate and does not change, the 2012/2013 Northwest Caribbean - Winter deployments (9-Nighters from NJ & Baltimore) will be released the week of 4/25/11.:)

Me too. I was looking forward to seeing the 2012/2013 7-night Caribbean itineraries next week. Oh well, just have to wait a couple more weeks.

If the RCCL chart is accurate and does not change, the 2012/2013 Northwest Caribbean - Winter deployments (9-Nighters from NJ & Baltimore) will be released the week of 4/25/11.:)

Wonder what the hold-up is.

Ugh, anxiously awaiting the Alaskan itineraries to release prices.

Actually, the itineraries were all up yesterday but now are gone???

I believe that they are now back and people are booking them as of this morning.:)

Ugh, anxiously awaiting the Alaskan itineraries to release prices.

Actually, the itineraries were all up yesterday but now are gone???

They finally went on sale this morning. I booked mine over the phone, but all of the itineraries are back up on the website with prices.

Wonder what the hold-up is.
I have this feeling they are not sure what to do with Enchantment over the Winter & Fall 2013. Even if they ship is sailing full, I have to wonder how profitable it is to run a ship that size up & down the East Coast & Chesapeake twice every 9-days, given what fuel cost these days. It is complete speculation on my part but could be part of what's holding up the Caribbean deployment schedule.

I have this feeling they are not sure what to do with Enchantment over the Winter & Fall 2013. Even if they ship is sailing full, I have to wonder how profitable it is to run a ship that size up & down the East Coast & Chesapeake twice every 9-days, given what fuel cost these days. It is complete speculation on my part but could be part of what's holding up the Caribbean deployment schedule.
Or with the unrest in the Middle East are they rethinking keeping as many ships as they have in the Med. I can remember RCCL pulling a ship (can't remember if it was Celebrity or RCI) from Europe and keeping it in Fl. a few years ago.

Archived