2012 / 2013 RCI Deployment Opening Schedule

mac_tlc

Do you think those headless bodies on the streets of Acapulco might have has something to do with the removal of the cruise ships?

Well, since they never went to Acapulco, I doubt it. We've got crewmembers getting murdered in Cozumel and tourists getting shot and robbed in the Caribbean and nobody's leaving there :rolleyes: Although it is ironic that they are sending the Mariner to the Med to do Egypt...

RCI won't be back to LA until they have a ship to spare from filling the high level of European demand for cruises. Too much money to be made there. Until then, we'll just have to fly to Cabo or PV...

I'll be interested to see which ship ends up in Port Canaveral. Will the Freedom stay or will the "rumored" Oasis show up? Stay tuned. Guess we'll find out on April 11!!! :D We're actually most interested in which ship ends up in this port. It shaves over 3 hours off of our drive!!:)

I wonder if RCCL would consider 3-4 cruises as they transition their ships from the Caribbean to Alaska. There is usually a Panama Canal cruise from FL to LA in May, followed by a coastal up to Vancouver and then AK for the summer.

How about adding a couple Mexico cruises, a Hawaii cruise and a couple of round trip LA/CA Coastal cruises during the months of April or May.

It would be nice if they were as creative as Princess, who managed to make the Sapphire and the Golden work great on the West Coast and is bringing another ship to be based in San Francisco next year.

It can be done. If they actually cared.

K

I think there is a huge demand for these itineraries, they are just not willing to try!

I wonder if RCCL would consider 3-4 cruises as they transition their ships from the Caribbean to Alaska. There is usually a Panama Canal cruise from FL to LA in May, followed by a coastal up to Vancouver and then AK for the summer.

K

Radiance is the only ship that will reposition to Vancouver this coming April with a cruise through the PC. Her Pac Coastal is a 5 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver on May 15 then she goes into dry dock until June 10. No other ship is doing this and no ship is returning to the Caribbean by way of the PC in the fall. Both Radiance and Rhapsody will do their Alaska itineraries and then reposition to Australia in September of 2011.

Attention all people who automatically believe every rumor they read on Cruise Critic:

Just because someone says it’s going to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. And just because someone says a certain ship is going to a certain port or is leaving a certain port doesn’t automatically mean it’s true! Last year at this time, there were many rumors about what Royal Caribbean would be doing in Galveston. They ranged from saying that Royal Caribbean would be pulling out of Galveston to Voyager would finally be staying year-round to a Freedom Class ship would be replacing Voyager, among other rumors. And some people said they heard it from higher ups in the company or on a ship. After seeing so many conflicting rumors, I didn’t know what rumor to believe. Turns out, none of them were true! They were all proven wrong when Royal announced that Mariner would be replacing Voyager in Galveston.

And now I’m reading some rumors this year that I'm pretty sure are false. There’s a rumor about Freedom leaving Port Canaveral, but there’s already a charter cruise for Freedom out of PC in late 2012. And there’s a rumor that a Freedom class ship is going to New Jersey. I think they have enough demand to put a larger ship there, and I think it would be a good idea to put Liberty there instead of Europe. However, with the way Royal Caribbean has been flooding Europe with more and more ships and the way they’ve been adding more and more capacity over the past few years, I highly doubt they’re going to pull Liberty or Independence out of Europe for the Northeast. Also, the same rumor about a Freedom Class ship going to NJ has been around for a few years, and each year when RCCL releases new itineraries, people are disappointed to find out that it wasn't true.

Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of people believing every rumor they hear, and spreading it around Cruise Critic until they find out it's not true when Royal Caribbean releases the itineraries online or puts out a press release. Not all unconfirmed rumors turn out to be false, but a lot of rumors do.

Attention all people who automatically believe every rumor they read on Cruise Critic:

Just because someone says it’s going to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. And just because someone says a certain ship is going to a certain port or is leaving a certain port doesn’t automatically mean it’s true! Last year at this time, there were many rumors about what Royal Caribbean would be doing in Galveston. They ranged from saying that Royal Caribbean would be pulling out of Galveston to Voyager would finally be staying year-round to a Freedom Class ship would be replacing Voyager, among other rumors. And some people said they heard it from higher ups in the company or on a ship. After seeing so many conflicting rumors, I didn’t know what rumor to believe. Turns out, none of them were true! They were all proven wrong when Royal announced that Mariner would be replacing Voyager in Galveston.

And now I’m reading some rumors this year that I'm pretty sure are false. There’s a rumor about Freedom leaving Port Canaveral, but there’s already a charter cruise for Freedom out of PC in late 2012. And there’s a rumor that a Freedom class ship is going to New Jersey. I think they have enough demand to put a larger ship there, and I think it would be a good idea to put Liberty there instead of Europe. However, with the way Royal Caribbean has been flooding Europe with more and more ships and the way they’ve been adding more and more capacity over the past few years, I highly doubt they’re going to pull Liberty or Independence out of Europe for the Northeast. Also, the same rumor about a Freedom Class ship going to NJ has been around for a few years, and each year when RCCL releases new itineraries, people are disappointed to find out that it wasn't true.

Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of people believing every rumor they hear, and spreading it around Cruise Critic until they find out it's not true when Royal Caribbean releases the itineraries online or puts out a press release. Not all unconfirmed rumors turn out to be false, but a lot of rumors do.

Yeah and I get tired of people that whine about what is posted on a message string when they can just go somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Speculating about the upcoming schedule is something many of us enjoy doing. Others like to claim they have the 'inside scoop'. Not everyone is gullible enough to believe them, some are. It's all good clean fun.

No Hawaii, no Mexico, no PNW and no PC. Whats next?

Lets see.....we were on the last full rt Hawaii sailing, we were on the last 14 day Alaska fall repo YVR-SAN and now we will be on the last PC cruise in April...does anyone see a pattern here? :eek: :D :p

Whatever you do, never do a Sydney to Honolulu cruise on the Rhapsody or Radiance.:D We've finally got a second ship down here, we don't want to lose one or both!:eek:

In saying that, you're more than welcome to do the reverse from Honolulu to Sydney.;)

Thanks for the info on the charter on Freedom in late 2012. Hope the ship stays in Port C. It is very convenient for us and we are sailing on her on Sunday with 2 more cruises booked.

Whatever you do, never do a Sydney to Honolulu cruise on the Rhapsody or Radiance.:D We've finally got a second ship down here, we don't want to lose one or both!:eek:

In saying that, you're more than welcome to do the reverse from Honolulu to Sydney.;)

I am glad you have 2 ships, even thought you stole our Radiance from the west coast! :D We don't think we'll be cruising Sydney to Honululu any time soon, so your safe there!! :)

We've sailed both Rhapsody and Radiance, both are great ships!!

Thank goodness they don't come out until April. We can actually get on our March Radiance cruise without having to visit the C&A lounge to book any cruises.:) Besides, we like the LA on FOS better, so we can wait until May to book for 2012.:)

Well, since they never went to Acapulco, I doubt it. We've got crewmembers getting murdered in Cozumel and tourists getting shot and robbed in the Caribbean and nobody's leaving there :rolleyes: Although it is ironic that they are sending the Mariner to the Med to do Egypt...

RCI won't be back to LA until they have a ship to spare from filling the high level of European demand for cruises. Too much money to be made there. Until then, we'll just have to fly to Cabo or PV...

Yes they did stop in Acapulco. The Serenade did a stop in 2008 on her first of 3 Panama Canal cruises before she was home ported in San Juan. Enjoyed going to Acapulco but would not like to go back.

Yes they did stop in Acapulco. The Serenade did a stop in 2008 on her first of 3 Panama Canal cruises before she was home ported in San Juan. Enjoyed going to Acapulco but would not like to go back.

Point taken, but I was responding to someone who inferred that ships were pulled from LA due to the violence in Mexico. Acapulco was never a regular destination for RCL's Mexican Riveria cruises, only the occassional canal cruise.

We will not be on a ship in March to take advantage of alot of these new sailings. But, the extra $100 or so booking onboard is not worth missing out on a specific cabin we really want to book, imho. Will book from the comfort of my home, lol.

I've leanred that too. I almost made the mistake of waiting until an early May cruise to book a new sailing. I thankfully choose to book at home last March. If I had waited, the OBC wouldn't be worth it, because the prices jumped almost $250 per person!

So I will be doing the same thing this time around. Better to secure a great price and the best selection of rooms!

Archived