Should the forum be renamed

sludger

Does anyone agree that the forum should be renamed given the popularity of cruising in Australia to one that better represents the forum's content which, with the imminent arrival of carnival spirit includes now a lot more than P&O

Does anyone agree that the forum should be renamed given the popularity of cruising in Australia to one that better represents the forum's content which, with the imminent arrival of carnival spirit includes now a lot more than P&O

Here's one link to a similar question, though it was some time ago.

The poll is found HERE but there doesn't seem to have been any further updates on process since Jan 09.

There is of course a 'sticky' on this board suitably called "This Board covers more than just P&O Australia Cruising". I think that may have been the outcome considering the date it was created?

UK has Ambassadors.

Does Australia have Ambassadors?

If not, now might be a good time to have an Australia thread, like the UK thread, with Australian Ambassadors, rather than the current P&O thread, which is becoming an increasingly inappropriate name.

This subject has been brought up many time on this forum, with the answer NO CHANGE,

Ther are many members that would it to change I for one would vote for change.

as there so many cruise lines in Australia these days It may be an idea to have forum for each cruise line

Princess Australia & NZ. forum

P&O Australia & NZ. forum

carnival Australia & NZForum

Royal Caribbean Australia & NZ forum

each one of these cruise lines have more cruise ships in Australia & NZ at any one time then some of the cruise lines have ships that have there own forums on cruise critic.

I think it would be the answer, there is a lot of bad feeling on this forum, fuelled by people responding to justified criticism of P&O. (not just by me)

Although some of the complaints I have made in the past re: sending old ships down here, passing them off as new superliners and charging top whack at the same time, have been taken as direct complaints against P&O which was not always the case.

The carnival spirit is probably the first vessel to come down here and according to the Carnival thread, not considered past it. It is indeed loved by most of the people that have sailed on it.

Can't wait to see what it is like, also it will be interesting to see if the prices stay reasonable too.

The Spirit is a very affordable ship to cruise on in the US.

Believe me if it were purely a P&O forum I would probably never visit it, that is until they get a newer fleet and I know that would make at least a couple of people happy.

Yes, let's have an open forum. Then everyone can see that not all the ships from overseas are perfect, either! You can have a bad experience on ANY ship or with ANY cruise line. Just as you can, believe it or not (shock, horror :eek:) have a good time with P&O. Unbelievable, I know, :confused: but it happens to be true. :)

I do think that having P&O Australia seperate from other cruise lines who based in Australia & NZ on cruise critic would be great so the members who cruise ONLY P&O do not to wade through very other cruise and topic to read the good and the bad about P&O.

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE

Love Thied.

I think it would be the answer, there is a lot of bad feeling on this forum, fuelled by people responding to justified criticism of P&O. (not just by me)

Although I've said before I'd favour a name change as the current one is misleading, I don't agree that the above is a valid reason.

You could probably pick almost any forum here, and you'll still get 'bad feeling' due to criticism. When you combine more than one brand as here, you're more likely to be mixing cruisers with different expectations which will exacerbate the issue. Changing the name won't change that issue though.

It won't be long before the other one is on here

The 'other one' has probably had enough of this nonsense and left.

You just can't stand the fact that anyone can enjoy a P&O cruise, can you? Why does it upset you so much? I would be really interested to know. :confused:

Well, I am happy for people who enjoy their cruises, whatever ship.Why can't you be? This used to be such a happy forum, now it's all attack and bitterness.

Anyway, you can attack me as much as you like. I am beyond being hurt by mere words. In the space of the last three weeks I have lost my brother to cancer and had to have my much-loved cat put to sleep.

I still reserve the right to say I enjoyed my two recent P&O cruises. I will not lie just to be 'in' with the P&O bashers.

You just can't stand the fact that anyone can enjoy a P&O cruise, can you? Why does it upset you so much? I would be really interested to know. :confused:

Well, I am happy for people who enjoy their cruises, whatever ship.Why can't you be? This used to be such a happy forum, now it's all attack and bitterness.

Anyway, you can attack me as much as you like. I am beyond being hurt by mere words. In the space of the last three weeks I have lost my brother to cancer and had to have my much-loved cat put to sleep.

I still reserve the right to say I enjoyed my two recent P&O cruises. I will not lie just to be 'in' with the P&O bashers.

Sandy, you do not have to justify what you enjoy to others here.

We have had two Pacific Dawn Cruises and enjoyed both of them.

Some things did not suit us but I am sure you could go on the Yachts of Seabourne and still not be totally happy.

Each to their own

Most things in life are what you make it, be that good or bad.

Ian

Sorry off topic....

Hi Sandy

So sorry to hear about your very sad loss, I don't know what to say. Hugs to you and your family.

Jenny

Sandy, you do not have to justify what you enjoy to others here.

We have had two Pacific Dawn Cruises and enjoyed both of them.

Some things did not suit us but I am sure you could go on the Yachts of Seabourne and still not be totally happy.

Ian

I know that Ian, and you do too. :) And so do lots of others according to Facebook. It just makes me mad that some people cannot stop harping on and on about how bad they think P&O is. Why do they bother to come on this forum if they hate them so much? It makes me think they have an ulterior motive. I know I should save my breath (or should that be fingers? :rolleyes:) It also worries first-time cruisers at a time when they should be looking forward to their holidays.

Thank you for your condolences, Ian. I really only mentioned it to show that we should get our priorities right. In the bigger scheme of things life and safety is what really matters, not whether the ships are old or the toilets get blocked or an engine breaks down etc.

Sorry off topic....

Hi Sandy

So sorry to hear about your very sad loss, I don't know what to say. Hugs to you and your family.

Jenny

Hi 'Other one' :)

Thanks so much, Jenny. I'm afraid I lost it a bit there and just let rip. Maybe we should just feel sorry for Sludger. Really, the problem is his. I would be happy to cruise on any ship - old, new, little, big......... Now I must get back to my history paper and get it finished, or I will be history. :eek:

I remember when I first joined CC, I thought that the name of our board was a little misleading. However, I think it is adequately explained in the Sticky.

Having said that I certainly would not object to finding a new name that was more representative of all the brands that Aussies and Kiwis regularly discuss on this site.

Jenny

The poll is found HERE but there doesn't seem to have been any further updates on process since Jan 09.

There is of course a 'sticky' on this board suitably called "This Board covers more than just P&O Australia Cruising". I think that may have been the outcome considering the date it was created?

The decision back then was to leave it alone. But I again raised the matter "upstairs" a few weeks ago and was assured that it would be reconsidered.

For now, however, no change is in the offing.

If ever there was a reason for changing this forum it has got to be the mind set of some people on this forum.

They cannot accept and do not even read fully comments made by other members.

If these people read my comments about P&O they will know that I have stated lots of times that I have enjoyed my cruises on P&O Australia. It is just value for money and the ability to cruise on more recently constructed ships that I would like.

As for comments like "newer is not better" well in the cruise industry it is the case. Look at any of the cruise publications and they are not about the Pacific Sun and whether the smell of sewage is bad this week they write about the Oasis, the Epic the Ventura etc. The newer ships! Take a look at the prices for cruises on theses and you will find they are paying a lot less than we are for a better product.

I do not HATE P&O, in fact my next cruise is later this year is on the P&O AZURA out of Bridgetown.

Lets all stop being so pathetic, split the forum and we will all be happy.

If ever there was a reason for changing this forum it has got to be the mind set of some people on this forum.

They cannot accept and do not even read fully comments made by other members.

If these people read my comments about P&O they will know that I have stated lots of times that I have enjoyed my cruises on P&O Australia. It is just value for money and the ability to cruise on more recently constructed ships that I would like.

As for comments like "newer is not better" well in the cruise industry it is the case. Look at any of the cruise publications and they are not about the Pacific Sun and whether the smell of sewage is bad this week they write about the Oasis, the Epic the Ventura etc. The newer ships! Take a look at the prices for cruises on theses and you will find they are paying a lot less than we are for a better product.

I do not HATE P&O, in fact my next cruise is later this year is on the P&O AZURA out of Bridgetown.

Lets all stop being so pathetic, split the forum and we will all be happy.

Im sorry, but I can't follow your logic. Are you suggesting that by splitting the forum people won't be explosed to negative comments? Or are you suggesting that if the forum was split you (or others) won't be posting negative comments on P & O because you won't be reading that section? There is a simple answer to that - If reading about P & O upsets you, simply don't read those posts. It would also help if personal accusations were not posted. The old adage is "play the ball, not the man (woman?)".

Personally I prefer that the forum be kept as it is. I like to read about other cruise lines operating out of Australia and I don't want to have to chase all over the place and open up separate sections.

Im sorry, but I can't follow your logic. Are you suggesting that by splitting the forum people won't be explosed to negative comments? Or are you suggesting that if the forum was split you (or others) won't be posting negative comments on P & O because you won't be reading that section? There is a simple answer to that - If reading about P & O upsets you, simply don't read those posts. It would also help if personal accusations were not posted. The old adage is "play the ball, not the man (woman?)".

Personally I prefer that the forum be kept as it is. I like to read about other cruise lines operating out of Australia and I don't want to have to chase all over the place and open up separate sections.

Well said Aus t.

I agree with all you say, wanted to make the same points myself but couldn't be bothered with all the typing, lol.:)

That old adage is spot on in this case.

Well said Aus t.

I agree with all you say, wanted to make the same points myself but couldn't be bothered with all the typing, lol.:)

That old adage is spot on in this case.

Oh Yatchet, you are so funny! :D You took the words out of my mouth (actually my fingers). I was going to agree with Aus T, but I just couldn't be bothered staying around here to be bullied. I've got more interesting things to do with my time. (Afraid, I'm the world's worst procrastinator! :rolleyes:)

Have you got any cruises booked?

Archived