pet peeves

:cool:Just read a review of an Enchantment sailing, and a point was brought up that is a sore spot with me, especially with the Enchantment having been stretched, and not making some public rooms larger. The point brought out was the Windjammer on sailing day. Every one rushes onboard and heads to the Windjammer for lunch. Great, I do also. BUT, eat and then get out. The reviewer pointed out that there was people hanging out at tables just waiting for their rooms to be ready. People even playing cards. Folks---eat, and get out. That room is for eating. There are plenty of other places available to hang out. Eat and leave. Other pet peeves come to mind---Elevators for instance. When the door opens, don't rush in. Let folks get off before you charge in. Chair hogs in theather and pool. Kids in hot tubs spending hours. Eating around pool area, and leaving dishes around. When done, put things back or in trash cans. This is not a pig pen. Folks pushing ahead of you in line in Windjammer. These are some of things which bother me. How about you??:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Oh boy, I am going to get flamed on this one..... another elevator one but with a twist :rolleyes:

but my pet peeve is when you have been standing in line for an elevator (patiently) and someone comes up in a scooter at the last minute and rolls over your toes to get in ahead of you :eek:

I'm not sure why they feel they should have "boarding priority" for the elevator because they are in a scooter ? Everyone has a "turn". This has happened to me a couple of times.

My mother in law has mobility issues so I am sensitive to those needs, but I just don't understand this "I get on first" ???? :confused:

One of my peeves is people who don't know how to say 'excuse me.' They'll knock you over and not even look you in the eye because they either don't care or know they're wrong for doing that. Look, we're all trying to get somewhere, so just be nice. It only takes a second to say it. :confused:

Not waiting to let you out of an elevator, cutting in front of me when an elevator arrives or in the Windjammer. And like Jack stated, people playing cards in Windjammer is annoying, especially when it's crowded. People walking to their cabin side by side and not bothering moving when I come the other way. Bumping into you when you're already out of the way and not even bothering to apologize. People in good shape taking the elevator for one flight of stairs... But then again, that all happens in real life too, sadly...

But worst of all: Not being able to make myself a good looking ice cream from the self serve :D

I'm sure I forgot things that will come up here

Cindy

Jack, agree with your peeve and will add mine. On our Enchantment cruise the majority of the cruise population was the "nearly dead". They spent all their time sleeping in any open space-all day! There were few spots that did not have a snoozing soul in it, mouth hanging open and loud snoring. If you need sleep that badly, go to your cabin, do not settle in public areas and park your scooter,walker or cane in the passageway blocking the the open areas for walking.

My pet peeve is people who complain and whine about the behavior of their fellow passengers, like the guy who started this thread. If people want to hang out in the Windjammer, that is their option. It's their vacation -- don't try to tell fellow cruisers what they should or shouldn't do. I have found in cruising for some time now that too many people onboard are worried about what other people on board are doing. Common courtesy is nice, I agree, but if you can't relax on a cruise and enjoy yourself around hundreds of others, then maybe crusing isn't for you.

Not waiting to let you out of an elevator, cutting in front of me when an elevator arrives or in the Windjammer. And like Jack stated, people playing cards in Windjammer is annoying, especially when it's crowded. People walking to their cabin side by side and not bothering moving when I come the other way. Bumping into you when you're already out of the way and not even bothering to apologize. People in good shape taking the elevator for one flight of stairs...

But worst of all: Not being able to make myself a good looking ice cream from the self serve :D

I'm sure I forgot things that will come up here

Cindy

Cindy, just start taking me on every cruise you go on. I put myself thru nursing school working at a Sonic Drive-in. I make a KILLER ice cream cone. That sucker's a good 6 inches above the cone, perfectly swirled and proportioned, with even a little curly-cue at the top.

Sure, it'd cost you an extra cruise-fare, but I'm totally okay with an inside cabin or even a pullman. And, really, can you put a price on a perfect cone? I think not!!!!! :D

My pet peeve is people who complain and whine about the behavior of their fellow passengers, like the guy who started this thread. If people want to hang out in the Windjammer, that is their option. It's their vacation -- don't try to tell fellow cruisers what they should or shouldn't do. I have found in cruising for some time now that too many people onboard are worried about what other people on board are doing. Common courtesy is nice, I agree, but if you can't relax on a cruise and enjoy yourself around hundreds of others, then maybe crusing isn't for you.

I agree .. that's why I enjoy clipping my toenails on the table inbetween courses while dining in Chops :eek:

Jack, agree with your peeve and will add mine. On our Enchantment cruise the majority of the cruise population was the "nearly dead". They spent all their time sleeping in any open space-all day! There were few spots that did not have a snoozing soul in it, mouth hanging open and loud snoring. If you need sleep that badly, go to your cabin, do not settle in public areas and park your scooter,walker or cane in the passageway blocking the the open areas for walking.

;) Since I was on that same cruise, I could not agree more! Add to that, the outdoor spaces were virtually unusable for most of the cruise, which made it even harder to find a place anywhere to sit and socialize.

I think the sculpture of the guy sleeping with the newspaper over his face by latitudes was taken as a directive. It was hard to tell which one's were real, and which one's were bronze :eek:.

Cindy, just start taking me on every cruise you go on. I put myself thru nursing school working at a Sonic Drive-in. I make a KILLER ice cream cone. That sucker's a good 6 inches above the cone, perfectly swirled and proportioned, with even a little curly-cue at the top.

Sure, it'd cost you an extra cruise-fare, but I'm totally okay with an inside cabin or even a pullman. And, really, can you put a price on a perfect cone? I think not!!!!! :D

LOLOL. It wouldn't cost me a lot more than than the single fare. I'll keep you in mind. ;) And if you ever run across someone with a very weird and wrong looking cone in the future, it's probably me.

Really, 6 inches??? I wouldn't risk going that far. 2 inches top, for my own safety and that of my fellow passengers :D

Cindy

My biggest pet peeve is just the elevator issue. Its all about common courtesy. I think the older generation think that they the right to do want they want and expect other people (younger generation) can wait not realizing that other people waiting for the elevators might have issues also, like me im only 31 but have had knee replacement in both knees already and dont mind waiting for my turn for the elevators, but I cant stand there forever. Alot of the other things I could deal with.

It may be THEIR vacation, but they don't have the right to do whatever they want if it affects OTHER'S vacation. They can hang out in the WJ if they like, I don't care, as long as other people who are trying to EAT, which is what the WJ is for, don't need that table. There are plenty of other places to "hang out". Rooms just for that purpose, actually. Trust and believe, I could care less what anyone else is doing, as long as it doesn't affect ME. If you can't relax on a cruise and be courteous and respectful to the hundreds around you, then maybe cruising isn't for YOU.

My pet peeve is also the elevator situation.......being confined totally to a wheelchair, I cannot take stairs at all....I really wish I could as I would take them 100 percent of the time......It really ticks me off that there are so many rude people that will rush in front of me and fill up the elevator after Ive likely been waiting for 10 minutes or so and have had to pass up numerous elevators as they were already full.

I have ran into this problem every cruise I have been on. I learned on the Radiance to use the forward elevators and navigate the ship best I could using the outside walking areas or the hallways.

The midship elevators where all the glass is were always really crowded it seems.

It may be THEIR vacation, but they don't have the right to do whatever they want if it affects OTHER'S vacation. They can hang out in the WJ if they like, I don't care, as long as other people who are trying to EAT, which is what the WJ is for, don't need that table. There are plenty of other places to "hang out". Rooms just for that purpose, actually. Trust and believe, I could care less what anyone else is doing, as long as it doesn't affect ME. If you can't relax on a cruise and be courteous and respectful to the hundreds around you, then maybe cruising isn't for YOU.

You just said what I was thinking when I read the OP post. Very well said :D

Cindy

LOLOL. It wouldn't cost me a lot more than than the single fare. I'll keep you in mind. ;) And if you ever run across someone with a very weird and wrong looking cone in the future, it's probably me.

Really, 6 inches??? I wouldn't risk going that far. 2 inches top, for my own safety and that of my fellow passengers :D

Cindy

Stick with me, Grasshopper. I will be your ice cream sensei! LOL!! ;)

Mine is loud talking people in the restaurants.;)

Yes! On one of our cruises there was a table with a group of young girls next to our table. One of the girls talked at full volume and full speed the entire meal. Her friends couldn't even get a word in. It was awful.

I have to admit. I am one of those embarkation day table hoggers. We find a table and will probably stay there until we can get into a cabin to drop off our stuff. I don’t want to drag it all over so we find a table and will take turns getting our food. Most of the time we find a table by the pool though but if the first one we find is in the windjammer so be it. I also love to at a table and enjoy a view and read with a drink. My favorite places are out doors if it is not hot.

My pet peeve is not being able to get into a cabin when I check in.

I agree with everyone on here. Just because you are on vacation does not mean that common courtesy and manors should be thrown out the window. I do think that most cruisers are courteous but there will always be some who only think of themselves and do not care if there are no tables available or how loud they are talking or if they slam their cabin doors or kill people trying to get into the elevator. You just have to be the bigger person and say I am on vacation and move on... :D

Archived