Would you pay more to bring back some old features?

I've seen a lot of posts on these boards about changes Royal Caribbean have made over the last few years. So, if they gave you the OPTION to pay more when you booked, say $5 - $20 per person per day, to have a different menu to choose from in the MDR, chocolates on the pillows again, etc., would you pay it, and how much would you be prepared to pay?

I've seen a lot of posts on these boards about changes Royal Caribbean have made over the last few years. So, if they gave you the OPTION to pay more when you booked, say $5 - $20 per person per day, to have a different menu to choose from in the MDR, chocolates on the pillows again, etc., would you pay it, and how much would you be prepared to pay?

pay for choc on your pillow, LOL. I don't think so.

How about RCL put out a real new menu? One designed by some chefs that know what they're doing. Not simply changing the menu wording, but serving the same thing.

One example of no change. Donuts among other things in the dining room and windjammer! Exactly the same crap they served 10 years ago. Time for a new supplier.

They do give an option to pay extra for those extra bits, it is called speciality dining, for the $10 -$35 per evening meal you get better menus, food and service. As for the chocolates, bring your own and ask the cabin attendant to put them on your pillow each night, if that is your thing. :)

They stopped putting chocolates on the pillows? Sigh.:(

How about the reverse? I don't want to go do X (be it shows, rock wall, ice skating, whatever...) so take some money off my fare.

Why would I have no problems with the Menu's now and still get chocolates in my stateroom;)

:)

They do give an option to pay extra for those extra bits, it is called speciality dining, for the $10 -$35 per evening meal you get better menus, food and service. As for the chocolates, bring your own and ask the cabin attendant to put them on your pillow each night, if that is your thing. :)
Spoken as if the words came out of my mouth;)....K.O.

Heck, just bring a bag of candy and throw one on your pillow every night. The candy Royal had was not very good, I like Hershey Minitures :).

I would like to have the coupon for Johnny Rockets back in the coupon book.

I have been cruising for 30 years. I am paying the same amount of money as I did 30 years ago ---then in an inside cabin and now in a balcony. The prices of cruises has not gone up, so there has to be cuts. We love to book the specialty dining, but if it was a tight year with money, I would be ok in the dining room.

I would definitely be willing to pay for a drink package like they do on Celebrity. I sure wish that RCCL would add that.;)

Heck, just bring a bag of candy and throw one on your pillow every night. The candy Royal had was not very good, I like Hershey Minitures :).

Interesting thread....

But, I must admit, the chocolates on Celebrity were a whole lot better than on RC.:)

I'm not crazy about food in the bed, so I could take or leave the chocolate on the pillows. Better food would be OK, but I don't think you're ever going to get more than banquet food in the MDR, no matter how much you pay. It's just not possible to cook for 5,000 people and have everything made to order. It's just going to be mere banquet food.

I would like to see less salt, but that doesn't really cost any extra.

ummmm..... no. I can't think of any "old things" that I miss. I shudder to think they would bring back the ranch steak.:eek:

Oh NOOoooo....

Not the dreaded "Ranch Steak"!!!!

Oh, the ignomy!!!!

I have been cruising for 30 years. I am paying the same amount of money as I did 30 years ago ---then in an inside cabin and now in a balcony. The prices of cruises has not gone up, so there has to be cuts. We love to book the specialty dining, but if it was a tight year with money, I would be ok in the dining room.

I would definitely be willing to pay for a drink package like they do on Celebrity. I sure wish that RCCL would add that.;)

Amen to that. I emailed the executive office last year and got a phone call from an executive assistant stating it was something they were "considering".

It'd be nice if other people would do the same.

Archived