Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

WolfpackFan

It has been a while since we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale (or even been on a cruise for that matter). We're looking at sailing on the Crown Princess for our 40th anniversary (and wife's birthday) next March. We are looking at spending the night before the cruise at something along the lines of Hampton Inn, HI Express, etc. Are there any new ones in the FLL port area that are convenient to the port and have some places to eat dinner at close by? Thanks.

It has been a while since we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale (or even been on a cruise for that matter). We're looking at sailing on the Crown Princess for our 40th anniversary (and wife's birthday) next March. We are looking at spending the night before the cruise at something along the lines of Hampton Inn, HI Express, etc. Are there any new ones in the FLL port area that are convenient to the port and have some places to eat dinner at close by? Thanks.

There's a HI Express on 17th St; very close to port. Lots of places to eat in this area and also supermarkets and wine store. All withing walking distance.

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th 3 times in the past two years and have been very pleased with it. It is situated about as close to the port as you can get, is convenient to shopping like Total Wine, Publix and Walgreen's. It is situated across the parking lot from Bimini Boat Yard (not recommended) and the Bravo Ristoranti. They offer a shuttle to the pier for $6 pp but a cab fare is less than $10.

The Hyatt Place North is on 10th, just around the corner from an Outback and a block away from the shopping plaza that has Total Wine, Publix, 5 Guys Hamburgers etc. They offer airport & port shuttle plus a continental breakfast. Often you can win a bid on Hotwire or Priceline, but try Valuetrips first, to see if they are offering any specials in your budget range.

Also at or near the plaza you can catch the Sun Trolley for a nominal fee and ride along 17th and A1A past the beach, if you have some touring time to spend while there. I agree that Bimini Boatyard wasn't the best I had thought it would be and expensive. We did like 15th St. Fisheries, but it's been a while since we were there.

I too highly recommend the Marriott Renaissance on 17th :D. I also cannot recommend Bimini Boatyard:(. It's very overpriced and the food just isn't good enough to justify the price. Wallgreens is right across the street for your munchie needs and for those things you forgot to pack before you left home.

I will be making a first visit to, and taking my first sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale with Princess next February. Was wondering if any of you all had stayed at the Embassy Suites there, and whether you would recommend? Thanks for all your other posts here as well. Will avoid the Bimini Boat Yard!

Thanks so much for the input. I'm an Embassy Suites fan, but have found an occasional miss when staying with them. I'm glad you all had positives on their Ft. Lauderdale location. I'm inclined to stay there before, and possibly following the cruise so that we can enjoy a few days exploring Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks again!

Are there more affordable locations near the pier to provide a comfortable nights sleep? :o

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott FLL/Cruise Port in Dania near the airport which was next to the commuter train line but not much else, so considering staying more centraly located the next time. Although it didn't keep my wife from taking the train to Sawmill to shop for the day. :p

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th St. for 9 of our last 10 cruises. It's a really nice hotel, nice pool area, close to port. Can usually get a good deal on priceline (bid 4-star, downtown area), depending on the time of year. We enjoy it so much that 2 weeks ago we opted to stay there even though we couldn't get a good deal on priceline.

It's less than 2 blocks to restaurants, Walgreen's, liquor store and we love Einstein's Bagels. We go to Bimini Boatyard because we can sit outside, watch boats and people, enjoy the atmosphere - we usually have a beverage and appetizer - we skip the meals.

Pam in KY

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th 3 times in the past two years and have been very pleased with it. It is situated about as close to the port as you can get, is convenient to shopping like Total Wine, Publix and Walgreen's. It is situated across the parking lot from Bimini Boat Yard (not recommended) and the Bravo Ristoranti. They offer a shuttle to the pier for $6 pp but a cab fare is less than $10.

We stayed there in November. Nice place. It was too cold to use their pool and we just chilled out. Great location. I was disappointed that they charge $12 per day for the internet but they do have a small room with two computers that you can use for free. The van shuttle was $7. We asked for a cab and the guys said "our van will be cheaper especially if there is a lot of traffic and you have to wait in line" We felt they were not going to get a cab for us so we just used their van.

We were just there in January and stayed at the Ramada Airport Cruise Port. We aren't fussy about the night before a cruise, just a place to lay our heads. It included free shuttle from airport and also to the cruise port the next and they were very organized on cruise day. Also a continental breakfast with option to pay for some extra. It was an older motel but clean and the staff friendly. We had a snack and drink at the outside pool bar in the afternoon and walked about a short block away to a nice sports bar for dinner. Best part is it wasn't very expensive.

We got the FLL Hilton 3.5 on PL for a good rate, three nights before cruise, only thing its not near any restaurants, we will have a rental car. A lot of people have been winning this hotel for the cruise stays. We cruise in two weeks :)

We stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in late November of last year. It is without a doubt the worst motel we have ever stayed at. Our rooms were dirty, had burn holes in the bedspreads and smelled like rotten fish!!! They did change our room, but it still was dirty.

had a great deal for Marriot Courtyard right on FLL beach--it was a cruise special including breakfast & transp to the port & a free drink each day , free internet--it was a very nice hotel

...near shops, restaurants, beach or intercoastal waterway view....nice for a few days pre-cruise esp if you like the beach & the las Olas area.....

not as convenient as the 17th St properties...but it was nice to have a change..

Right now I have 4 hotels booked for

the night before my April 30th Crown

Princess Cruise.

Why four? Because, initially, the one

I wanted (The Renaissance) was sold

out and I decided to book a few other

hotels until I figured out which one to

stay out.

Since then rooms became available at

the Renaissance -- but I am tempted by

the Embassy Suites. I am a big fan of

Marriott's Residence Inn brand and the

Embassy seems to follow the same motif.

You get room suites, free breakfast and

happy hour with drinks and snacks.

The only problem is that the Renaissance

is $149 while the Embassy is almost $200

(Govt and AAA Rate) per night.

So, I am holding out to see which is going

to be the better place to stay.

Right now I have 4 hotels booked for

the night before my April 30th Crown

Princess Cruise.

Why four? Because, initially, the one

I wanted (The Renaissance) was sold

out and I decided to book a few other

hotels until I figured out which one to

stay out.

Since then rooms became available at

the Renaissance -- but I am tempted by

the Embassy Suites. I am a big fan of

Marriott's Residence Inn brand and the

Embassy seems to follow the same motif.

You get room suites, free breakfast and

happy hour with drinks and snacks.

The only problem is that the Renaissance

is $149 while the Embassy is almost $200

(Govt and AAA Rate) per night.

So, I am holding out to see which is going

to be the better place to stay.

You can buy quite a few drinks and a nice breakfast for $50 . . . I liked the Renaissance (full disclosure: haven't stayed at this particular ES as yet) and I love the location for being so close to Starbucks and Harbor Nails (my two big destinations in FLL pre-cruise!). I will warn you, however, that the rooms are smaller than the average Renaissance/Marriott hotel. However, mine was immaculately clean, seemingly brand-new furniture, and I had a great view of the port (room 908):

2767521180106943781S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived