Infinity reburbishment?

4cats4me

We'd like to cruise to Alaska this summer and are trying to decide

between the Infinity or the Princess ships. I thought I'd read that

the Infinity will be undergoing a reburbishment in 2011.

Does anyone know what month in 2011?

Just saw the following on 'Cruise News Daily'. Anyone have any further information on the dry dock date please? Thinking of booking a December Infinity cruise but do not want to have to change especially if airfares etc. have been booked. Thanks...

Feb 23 - A few weeks ago Celebrity finalized plans for Celebrity Infinity to have many of the popular Solstice-class features installed during a drydock in December (2011). Now the line has set plans for the next ship, Celebrity Summit, to get similar treatment a month later in January 2012.

Hi Everyone !

Infinity's Solsticization is currently scheduled to begin at the end of her sailing on 11/12/11. She returns to service on 12/3/11. I hope this helps.

Thanks Andy. We've just booked for December 3. Appreciate the reply...

Hi Crown Vic !

My pleasure. As you will be amongst Infinity's first Guests post modernization, I hope you will share your insights with us, when you are onboard. Enjoy your Cruise !

While I was on the Century a few weeks ago, the Future Cruise Gal showed me the new AQ cabins on the deck above the Islands Cafe for the Infinity. She would not let me have a copy, but those 30 or so aft rooms and the level below the resort deck will all be AQ class. I'll bide my time to see how it works out. I am reluctant to book AQ under the resort deck due to the noise, but the Basketball court above the new cabins bothers me too. time will tell.

I can't wait to sail her again. She was magnificent on our rough and tumble Antarctica cruise last year.

Andy, do you have any 'pull' at Cruise critic. If so, please request that, on message boards, the latest post is shown first rather than the method used presently where the oldest message is first. Might save your server some work. Thanks...

Andy, do you have any 'pull' at Cruise critic. If so, please request that, on message boards, the latest post is shown first rather than the method used presently where the oldest message is first. Might save your server some work. Thanks...

Hi Crown Vic,:) Andy and his family left today for a cruise on Azamara.

You might send a message to Host Anne and/or Walt about it as they

also moderate this forum:)

Glad to hear you booked, we are also on this sailing and would love to have you join the roll call! Things have been a bit quiet lately and always looking forward to meeting new folks that will be sailing with us! I wish December would get here already, I can't wait!:)

Jenny

Hello:

We are also booked for the Infinity 12/3/2011. Yours is the first post I have seen about this date. Are you interested in private tours in the various ports? Please let me know. I have done this before on many cruises in order to save lots of money in comparison to the ship's excursions.

Sheila

komishe@yahoo.com

Sorry if this has ben dealt with already but where can we get the deck plans? the offering just shows cabins on "Sky Deck" available for AQ but no plans Thanks..

we are considering it but still not sure b/c it is the first cruise after the refurb..might be some kinks to work out??

Archived