Solstice to Australia for Winter 2012/2013

Phamer55

Actually I think 49er fans should get the bigger discounts :) I don't think the dates will work for us for 2012 but I'm soooooo going to book if it comes to Vancouver for Alaska. I'd love a Tahiti - Hawaii or Hawaii to Vancouver on Solstice in Spring 2013. Can't wait to see the dates though for 2012, but I can't see them leaving the med. until very late in the year and I need something for September.

I am with you on the 49er fan discount!!! We need something to cheer us up!!!! Reading this thread, there seems to be true excitement over the Solstice move. Can't wait for the schedule!!!

No, imo, I don't think it does.

Century summer 2012 Alaska will be followed by a likely full canal repositionning transit back to carribean market. Remeber, ==X== will be short one '' S '' class for that market .

I wonder if the Reflection (due to come out in 2012) will replace the Solstice for 7 night caribbean cruises for the 2012/2013 winter season?

Since the caribbean schedule for 2012/2013 comes out next month I'd say Celebrity will stick with the Silhoutte doing 12 night cruises out of NJ, the Equinox tends to do longer cruises, meaning as of now the Eclipse is the only S-class ship doing the more common 7 night caribbean cruises in the winter of 2012/2013.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/captain-greybeard/2011/02/why-celebrity-cruises-will-not.html

An excerpt from the article:

In a few weeks' time the 1997-built Celebrity Mercury is to be transferred to Germany's TUI Cruises, a joint venture operation part-owned by Celebrity's parent company Royal Caribbean. From May the 1,800-passenger ship will be sailing as Mein Schiff 2.

It was apparent that Hanrahan would be happy to see the 16-year-old Celebrity Century taken off his hands to become Mein Schiff 3, but it does not appear to be an option in the immediate future.

Later this year it will begin a season of cruises based in Australia, before returning to Alaska in summer 2012.

Hanrahan was quick to stress that the ship remains popular, has some of the line's best crew on board, and was still benefitting from investment in maintenance. But there are no plans to Solsticise the vessel and his pledge that it would be part of the Celebrity fleet "for the foreseeable future" hinted that he would welcome an approach from anyone with a fat cheque book prepared to take it off his hands.

Thanks for the link. Interesting article. I guess that it's just a matter of time before we say goodbye to Century also.....the price of progress I'm afraid.

@Phamer55:

Where have you found this article?? :)

I also think that it would be great if Celebrity does 7-night Dubai cruises, but I think I couldn't hope about this for 2012/2013!? ;)

It appears Solstice will sail to Dubai in 2012.The article is from the X website.

"Celebrity Solstice will transition from a 2012 summer in the Mediterranean Australia/New Zealand via the Suez Canal and through Southeast Asia before arriving in Sydney, Australia in early December. The repositioning sailings will include multiple overnights in ports including Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Cochin, India."

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000TOSDW5N5FO2p1u5UFmJOczO:12hdbd027?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2011-03-01&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&cS=Homepage&ICID=Cel_10Q1_web_hp_body_promo2_2012_deployment

I wonder if the Reflection (due to come out in 2012) will replace the Solstice for 7 night caribbean cruises for the 2012/2013 winter season?

Since the caribbean schedule for 2012/2013 comes out next month I'd say Celebrity will stick with the Silhoutte doing 12 night cruises out of NJ, the Equinox tends to do longer cruises, meaning as of now the Eclipse is the only S-class ship doing the more common 7 night caribbean cruises in the winter of 2012/2013.

Hi Patterson !

I'm wondering the same thing. Moving Solstice down under, makes me optimistic Reflection will homeport in Ft Lauderdale, replacing Solstice. I'd say the odds are pretty good.

We know that Eclipse will move to Ft Lauderdale, as her TA ends there. It's pretty hard to connect the dots at this point... though I am a bit worried about where this leaves Century. 3 thoughts come to mind :

1. She returns to the 4/5 night sailings from Miami.

2. She returns to Baltimore (I'd put this as unlikely)

3. She leaves the fleet (possibly to Azamara). I'm hoping Century wont leave the fleet, but I cant rule it out.

We should have our answers in the coming weeks. It seems that some ships will be moving around, so perhaps this year will be pretty interesting.

Hi Patterson !

I'm wondering the same thing. Moving Solstice down under, makes me optimistic Reflection will homeport in Ft Lauderdale, replacing Solstice. I'd say the odds are pretty good.

We know that Eclipse will move to Ft Lauderdale, as her TA ends there. It's pretty hard to connect the dots at this point... though I am a bit worried about where this leaves Century. 3 thoughts come to mind :

1. She returns to the 4/5 night sailings from Miami.

2. She returns to Baltimore (I'd put this as unlikely)

3. She leaves the fleet (possibly to Azamara). I'm hoping Century wont leave the fleet, but I cant rule it out.

We should have our answers in the coming weeks. It seems that some ships will be moving around, so perhaps this year will be pretty interesting.

Celebrity Cruise Ship Century to Sail from Port of Baltimore in 2011

Refurbished Vessel Will Offer Winter Cruises to Caribbean and Bahamas

(BALTIMORE, MD) --- The Port of Baltimore will welcome another new cruise ship to the region in 2011 when the refurbished Celebrity Century comes to Maryland for 10 winter cruises from November 2011 through March 2012. The Celebrity Century will replace the Celebrity Mercury in Baltimore and offer a similar itinerary of cruises to the Caribbean and Bahamas. Both ships are equal in size and known as the Century class of Celebrity vessels.

“Once again, cruising from the Port of Baltimore takes another positive step forward as we prepare to welcome another new ship to our area,” said Maryland Port Administration (MPA) Executive Director James J. White. “The cruise terminal’s easy access off Interstate 95 coupled with Baltimore’s ideal central location is resulting in Baltimore fast becoming one of the hottest cruise ports around.”

The Celebrity Century began sailing in 1995. It underwent a full refurbishment and was re-launched in 2006. It is a 71,545 ton vessel with 10 decks and a capacity to handle 1,814 passengers. Its refurbishment included upgrading all staterooms, adding more suites, introducing a new specialty restaurant, and updating the spa and fitness center.

“We are thrilled to have Celebrity Century sail for the first time from the Port of Baltimore next year,” said Diana J. Block, vice president of revenue management & deployment for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises. “This ship completed a significant revitalization in 2006, adding 314 new verandas (the most ever added to an existing cruise ship), Celebrity's elegant Murano specialty restaurant, and the first "ice" Martini Bar at sea. With the introduction of Celebrity Century and the Enchantment of the Seas sailing for Royal Caribbean International, we are excited to continue to offer new choices to the people of Baltimore and surrounding areas.".............

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/celebrity-cruise-ship-century-sail-port-baltimore-2011

Here is your answer, Andy.

(BALTIMORE, MD) --- The Port of Baltimore will welcome another new cruise ship to the region in 2011 when the refurbished Celebrity Century comes to Maryland for 10 winter cruises from November 2011 through March 2012. The Celebrity Century will replace the Celebrity Mercury in Baltimore and offer a similar itinerary of cruises to the Caribbean and Bahamas. Both ships are equal in size and known as the Century class of Celebrity vessels.

“Once again, cruising from the Port of Baltimore takes another positive step forward as we prepare to welcome another new ship to our area,” said Maryland Port Administration (MPA) Executive Director James J. White. “The cruise terminal’s easy access off Interstate 95 coupled with Baltimore’s ideal central location is resulting in Baltimore fast becoming one of the hottest cruise ports around.”

The Celebrity Century began sailing in 1995. It underwent a full refurbishment and was re-launched in 2006. It is a 71,545 ton vessel with 10 decks and a capacity to handle 1,814 passengers. Its refurbishment included upgrading all staterooms, adding more suites, introducing a new specialty restaurant, and updating the spa and fitness center.

“We are thrilled to have Celebrity Century sail for the first time from the Port of Baltimore next year,” said Diana J. Block, vice president of revenue management & deployment for Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises. “This ship completed a significant revitalization in 2006, adding 314 new verandas (the most ever added to an existing cruise ship), Celebrity's elegant Murano specialty restaurant, and the first "ice" Martini Bar at sea. With the introduction of Celebrity Century and the Enchantment of the Seas sailing for Royal Caribbean International, we are excited to continue to offer new choices to the people of Baltimore and surrounding areas.".............

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/celebrity-cruise-ship-century-sail-port-baltimore-2011

This was their oiginal plan ... but then they decided to put Century in Australia, etc.

So when would the itinerary be posted?(for 2012-2013)

New itineraries will start being released on March 14th...slowly.

Some one week, others, the following, etc...etc.....between March

and April......so just keep an eye open.

So when would the itinerary be posted?(for 2012-2013)

The schedules for 2012/2013 will be released as follows:

Week of March 14: Bermuda & Canada/New England, Summer Europe & transatlantic cruises

Week of March 28: Alaska

Week of April 4: Australia/Hawaii

Week of April 11: 7-night seasonal caribbean and short caribbean

Week of April 18: Winter long caribbean, south america & panama canal

The schedules for 2012/2013 will be released as follows:

Week of March 14: Bermuda & Canada/New England, Summer Europe & transatlantic cruises

Week of March 28: Alaska

Week of April 4: Australia/Hawaii

Week of April 11: 7-night seasonal caribbean and short caribbean

Week of April 18: Winter long caribbean, south america & panama canal

You're welcome. Although I can't take total credit- someone posted it in response to a question I asked earlier this week! ;)

Its ok:)....we are in the same boat...ouch...that was bad...sorry.

But it is the same old thing, we are all in the "Hurry Up and Wait" mode.

I really wonder what is going to happen but many times I can't step

outside of my usual box anyway due to time and $....but I am very

lucky to be able to cruise as often as I do so I will just wait and see

what they are going to offer:)

Hi MMDownUnder !

Sorry, but that's an old press release. Century is not headed to Baltimore in Winter 2011. She's going to Australia/Hawaii instead.

Archived