How Do I Get an Aft Cabin?

I would LOVE to surprise my husband with a reservation for an aft cabin for a Caribbean cruise next year. However, I'm not sure how to snatch those desirable cabins. Is it better to use a TA or book directly with RCI? What has worked for you? We're Diamond Plus, in case that matters.

I would LOVE to surprise my husband with a reservation for an aft cabin for a Caribbean cruise next year. However, I'm not sure how to snatch those desirable cabins. Is it better to use a TA or book directly with RCI? What has worked for you? We're Diamond Plus, in case that matters.

Your C&A status hardly matters when looking to book a cabin. I'm not sure how you think it would come into play.

Just go on RC's website, look at a cruise that you would like to take, and see if an aft cabin is available. If it doesn't pop up, just put the cabin number of every aft cabin that interests you in the "search staterooms" box.

Every time we have had an aft cabin, I have booked it over a year out. So definitely the earlier the better. The lower decks (6 and 7) seem to be the last to go (with the exception of the 7th deck corner afts on the Freedom/Voyager class). I would either search the cabin numbers on the website or call RCI directly. Good luck!

I think it really is time and luck. I just booked on NOS about two weeks ago and we are sailing in 2 weeks and I was able to get an aft side cabin with a HUGE balcony. If you are not able to get an aft cabin on the first try just book the cruise and keep an eye on available cabins. people cancel or change their cruises all the time, and you could snap one up if someone lets it go. Hope it helps!

I wondered the same thing when we were researching for our FOS cruise. I looked at the online deck plans, and just kept trying different aft balcony cabin numbers - several were already booked and the cruise was over a year away! But I did find one that was available, called RCI and booked it directly with them! :D

Of course, now I've read that FOS deck 9 aft cabins aren't that desirable, because people on the upper balconies will look straight down onto our balcony which kind of burst my happy little bubble...but I'm trying to not worry about that too much, I seriously doubt that anyone will be that interested in spending their vacation looking down at us on our balcony. :p

I wondered the same thing when we were researching for our FOS cruise. I looked at the online deck plans, and just kept trying different aft balcony cabin numbers - several were already booked and the cruise was over a year away! But I did find one that was available, called RCI and booked it directly with them! :D

Of course, now I've read that FOS deck 9 aft cabins aren't that desirable, because people on the upper balconies will look straight down onto our balcony which kind of burst my happy little bubble...but I'm trying to not worry about that too much, I seriously doubt that anyone will be that interested in spending their vacation looking down at us on our balcony. :p

No, they don't.

Unless you encounter some seriously demented voyeurs, no one cares to look into someone else's balcony.

Don't worry about it at all! We engaged in conversation with our neighbors above us and found them to be very delightful people. Yo uwill have a amazing time on the aft, its a world in itself.

I would say book early and/or keep checking. Our last two cruises we did not book that early but were able to switch into an aft after one opened up.

I sail on LOS in the Med in 40 days. Last week there was a price drop. I had an inside booked. Someone in an aft must have moved up to a JS because an aft cabin came open and I snagged it for a good price ;-)

6 weeks before setting sail

We only travel in aft cabins now, my son sleeps on the balcony in the recliner. I have found calling RCCL travel agent is the easiest way to get one, we got one six months out sailing in April on the Freedom. We try for deck 10

If you really want one, flexibility in date/ship/itinerary helps a lot. I've never booked one that far ahead, but I have chosen to book a particular cruise because one was available on it.

I'm not sure how much work RCI's agents will do for you, but I can call my TA and say I'm looking for a cruise on one of these ships, between this date and that date, find out if any aft cabins are available on any of them.

:cool:Book early and through RCCL. Make list of desired cabins, and ask if they are available when you call. Have had corner Aft on last two cruises.:cool:GOOD LUCK

Please be reminded that most all balconies are NOT private. :eek:

M

The two times I've booked my corner aft cabins I booked them the first or second days RCI started selling the intinerary which means close to 2 years in advance. My Adventure cruise coming up in 3 weeks (4/10/11) was booked 5/27/09. I called the first day the itinerary was open for booking and got it (cabin 7688). Worth the wait.

Theresa

I just booked a cruise less than a month away on Freedom cabin 7410. It's not the corner, but it is an aft. :D I booked on the website and their were two aft cabins to choose from. The deck 7 corners and Deck 10 are gonna be the first to go, so if you want those you have to jump on them quick.

I just booked a cruise less than a month away on Freedom cabin 7410. It's not the corner, but it is an aft. :D I booked on the website and their were two aft cabins to choose from. The deck 7 corners and Deck 10 are gonna be the first to go, so if you want those you have to jump on them quick.

First time "aft'er" here. Actually got cabin# 7688 for my Sept. Explorer sailing. I guess this is the deck 7 corner aft cabin mentioned above. Can anyone tell me why this cabin is so coveted? I did look at some pics and reviews of this cabin, I see that you don't look right down at the water but through some obstructions. The balcony is huge, though. Would just like some opinions from those who've actually had this cabin. TIA.

We booked our next cruise (10/2011) when we were on our last cruise (10/2010) and there were plenty of aft cabins available at that time. We'll be in #9690 on the Explorer which is an aft corner & we're super excited.

I concur - as always for the best choice you have to plan ahead, the further the better.

First time "aft'er" here. Actually got cabin# 7688 for my Sept. Explorer sailing. I guess this is the deck 7 corner aft cabin mentioned above. Can anyone tell me why this cabin is so coveted? I did look at some pics and reviews of this cabin, I see that you don't look right down at the water but through some obstructions. The balcony is huge, though. Would just like some opinions from those who've actually had this cabin. TIA.

I had this cabin in January on the Navigator. It's amazing and private. No one can look in on you because it's covered, you get to see out of the huge port hole on the side of the balcony, we had 3 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.

Yesterday I booked a specific room number on a cruise for next January. As I was filling out the form on line a question came up asking me which room number that I wanted. As we had just come home from the same ship I asked for the same quite room that we just used.:):)

Archived