Room Service Menu?

PekingeseLady

Room Service on HAL is about the best of all the lines in similar class. Breakfast is wonderful IMO

I second this in a most resounding manner!

FWIW, HAL's room service breakfast is better than a lot of lines you would consider to be high end. It's also better than many hotels most people would consider to be high end. Granted you won't get Bonne Maman jams, but the core product is really excellent.

Side note: Bonne Maman is the jam with the red & white or blue & white checked linen looking lid.

This is a 3 year old thread that has been brought up.

The cabin breakfast menu had changed slightly.

But the other menus I posted are still the same.

When you call to place your 24 hour or noon to 10 PM menu orders, you can ask if they will substitute French fries for potato chips.

This is a 3 year old thread that has been brought up.

The cabin breakfast menu had changed slightly.

But the other menus I posted are still the same.

When you call to place your 24 hour or noon to 10 PM menu orders, you can ask if they will substitute French fries for potato chips.

Thanks. I know it is old, but I thought it was better to use the search function. :)

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I know it is old, but I thought it was better to use the search function. :)

Thanks for the tip!

That'll teach you to search! Dammed if you do. Hollandammed if you don't. :)

It's potato chips. (American usage) You can substitute fries. If they're fresh, they're great. Otherwise, not so much.

What I love about room service is the ability to be flexible.

DH loves, adores, craves escargot. I love Caesar Salad. One night when we knew we wouldn't be wanting a full course dinner, we ordered 3 Escargot appetizers for him and a Caesar Salad for me. We enjoyed them on our verandah, and later went up to the Lido for dessert. Very pleasant.

That'll teach you to search! Dammed if you do. Hollandammed if you don't. :)

It's potato chips. (American usage) You can substitute fries. If they're fresh, they're great. Otherwise, not so much.

Haha! True!!

Thanks. I realized I have an excursion for whale watching booked that is right at early dining, which my group has. I don't care about missing the dining - WHALES!!! - but will need something to munch when I get back. Or before I go. :)

Many of us think HAL's Room Service club sandwich is delicious. If that appeals to you, give it a try. :) It is served with potato chips but you could order fries and likely they'd deliver them.

Many of us think HAL's Room Service club sandwich is delicious. If that appeals to you, give it a try. :) It is served with potato chips but you could order fries and likely they'd deliver them.

The club is great but I also like the tuna melt!

Dave

I see "chips" on the menu as an option for coming with burgers... Do they mean actual potato chips? Or are they calling fries "chips"?

If the latter, do you know if you can get fries from room service?

We have tried the Club a couple of times.

Horrible.

The bacon was barely cooked and cold -- not made fresh -- left over and refrigerated from breakfast. Tomatoes -- not ripe at all.

Toast -- definitely made early in the day -- whimpy.

You seem to sometimes have the worst luck on HAL ships.

If anyone is going to get a HORRIBLE sandwich, it seems to be you. I'm

so sorry so many things don't go well.

We've been more fortunate. We've had a number of delicious club sandwiches and seems others here have as well.

I also like the Thai wrap sandwich. I've had that a few times. :o

Room Service on HAL is about the best of all the lines in similar class. Breakfast is wonderful IMO

I'd have to agree, Sail. We sailed MSC earlier this year, the menu was very limited and after 11:00 PM there was a delivery charge.

You seem to sometimes have the worst luck on HAL ships.

If anyone is going to get a HORRIBLE sandwich, it seems to be you. I'm

so sorry so many things don't go well.

We've been more fortunate. We've had a number of delicious club sandwiches and seems others here have as well.

I also like the Thai wrap sandwich. I've had that a few times. :o

I'm with you S7S, my luck with room service has been stellar, only a couple of problems in years of ordering room service in cabins ranging from an outside to a suite. I absolutely love the club sandwiches and thai wraps, always a nice option for a light dinner if you had a large meal while on land (as happened to us in Europe, we love eating a late lunch in port after touring). We have had great luck with breakfast orders also, only having them not arrive on time or incorrect a few times.

Another tip- I didn't know that you can order breakfast in the morning if you choose. We forgot to put our order out one evening, so I called. It arrived hot within 30-45 minutes, we were impressed!

Edited by localady

The only problem I've ever had with room service has been my own fault, not remembering to order everything I need to complete the meal, like butter.

Yes, that's the tricky part. Ordering the butter, marmalade, sweet & lo, etc etc. They're great at complying, though, if you write it down!

So, currently, can you get espresso, or cappuccino from room service for breakfast?

I think not.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I do not think they will bring espressor or cappuccino.

I love room service breakfast. Last cruise, DH finally agreed to order breakfast and enjoyed eating on the balcony. By the way, you can get grits for breakfast if you write it in. We also woke up in the middle of the night hungry. Ordered the cookies and milk and it hit the spot! HAL does have the best room service menu I have seen but, only comparing to Princess and Celebrity.

Diane

KK's wonderful information - including that you can "write in" items for breakfast not on the menu - reminded me of something else you probably don't know which isn't on the room service menu.

You can order ANYTHING on that evening's dinner menu ordered to your cabin.

The menu is posted around noon, outside the dining room (and in the Lido? not sure about that one...)

Conditions: you must PLACE the order within 30 minutes of the dining room opening. DELIVERY TIME of your food can be whenever the dining room is still open/serving.

Also, all items will come at once, not course by course. So, don't pick ice cream for dessert :) but something which will "hold" while you finish your other food.

No charge for any room service food. I always tip the person who delivers, but that is your choice.

I tried ordering something from the dining room once when I was too ill to leave the cabin. I got a big fat NO. ONLY items on cabin menu, sorry. I think that was on the Pride but not certain. I just wanted some warm soup but they wouldn't accomodate.

I tried ordering something from the dining room once when I was too ill to leave the cabin. I got a big fat NO. ONLY items on cabin menu, sorry. I think that was on the Pride but not certain. I just wanted some warm soup but they wouldn't accomodate.

There is no ship named Pride in Holland America's fleet - do you mean on the NCL ship? This is HAL's board.

The full dining menu is available as room service when the MDR is open. Some ships you have to order within the first 30 minutes, but some have a larger window.