BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

Dave.... just a note to say the itinery above is the one that they gave us when we weren't going to stop in egypt....

the only days affected are

Tue 28/06/11 port said

Wed 29/06/11 Ashdod / Israel 07:00 20:00

Thu 30/06/11 At Sea

Fri 01/07/11 Mykonos / Greece 07:00 14:00

Sat 02/07/11 Istanbul / Turkey 19:00

Joanne

Something for you to think about.

When we went through the Asian part of our cruise to UK on Oriana - we found it to be very hot in the equatorial parts of the cruise. I suspect that parts of your cruise will also be very hot. It was so hot that the aircon on Oriana struggled to cope (and I have recently received an email from a friend on the Sun Princess which said that that ship's aircon was also struggling). I found that, in our cabin, it was not only a little too warm for us - but there was insufficient airflow. I would have paid anything to get hold of a small quiet room fan. I said over and over that "next time" I would bring a small fan.

I am not sure of where you live in regard to your departure from Sydney - but anyway, have a think about it.

Barry

Joanne Something for you to think about.

I said over and over that "next time" I would bring a small fan. Barry

Very good suggestion Barry. We were on a cruise once when the air con broke down in the tropics , and would loved to have had a fan .

If you are not limited by flight baggage weight constraints, it would be a good idea.

David

I recall from the blogs of the 2010 Dawn Princess WC - it was extremely hot in some of the ports that they visited - especially in the Indian and Middle eastern ports. ( Summer - Northern Hemisphere) That was why we were happy that we would be going through these areas in their winter - HOWEVER, it was still a lot hotter in places like Bangkok, Singapore and Mumbai than we thought it would be. I actually almost passed out from the heat in Singapore! and others also did in Bangkok (and this was in their Winter :eek:) I remember going out onto the beautiful Promenade deck of Oriana one night - after a Captains reception wearing a Tuxedo - and it was like being slapped in the face with a hot wet towel!! :) Fortunately there were parts of Oriana where the aircon worked exceptionally well - but that is another story (extra cardigan, madam?? ) :p

Barry

Joanne

This link on your Blog - http://thequiltersquilter.com.au/Images/PostsSydneytoDover.pdf -- reads Posts - Sydney to Dover . Is that right ? or should it read Ports - Sydney to Dover??

Barry

The fan idea is good .....

Yes it is suppose to be posts as it is all the posts from our roll call relating to our ports

Put all the clothes and the money on the bed - then halve the clothes and double the money!!! :p

Because of the "formality" of P&O UK , I took 6 jackets - a Tux, a suit and 4 sports coats ! I know, I know - my wife told me many times - over the top!! :rolleyes: - and 5 pairs of shoes!

Barry

Just to say how much I have enjoyed reading all the posts on the roll call forum. Husband and I are booked Dubai to New York on Sun in 2013 - can't wait.

Hope you all have a wonderful time and am looking forward to reading the blogs.

Anne

quote=Kiwi_cruiser;29131005]Welcome to Cruise Critic randwick :D

Thanks Kiwi Cruiser - I got so excited about my first post that I got all my dates mixed up - of course I meant Bon Voyage to all 2011 cruisers and

we are booked on the 2012 Sun Princess world cruise - I'll do better next time!!! :o:o

Bon Voyage to everyone lucky enough to be doing all or part of this cruise (said with only a hint of envy), hope the seas are calm and you all have a ball, looking forward to reading the blogs definately something on my wish list to do, just got to get the lotto numbers and I will be off.

Bon Voyage to everyone lucky enough to be doing all or part of this cruise (said with only a hint of envy), hope the seas are calm and you all have a ball, looking forward to reading the blogs definately something on my wish list to do, just got to get the lotto numbers and I will be off.

Only a hint of envy, Witchymob? I'm positively smiley_green_with_envy.gif

Hope you all have a great time - happy sailing. :)

So utterly green with envy that my face looks like this :D except without the grin.

DH has assured me that he will take me on a world cruise in the future when we reach a more mature age. I am now getting that in writing ;)

Have a great time guys!

Bon Voyage to all the World Cruisers as you prepare for the voyage of a lifetime. The people of Cobh are preparing a special welcome for you all on the 24th July with "Australia Day in Cobh". See http://visitcobh.com/index.php/2011/...a-day-in-cobh/

As Princess Oz said in 2009 - don't bother kissing the Blarney Stone, kiss a Cobhian instead!

Bon Voyage to all the World Cruisers as you prepare for the voyage of a lifetime. The people of Cobh are preparing a special welcome for you all on the 24th July with "Australia Day in Cobh". See http://visitcobh.com/index.php/2011/...a-day-in-cobh/

As Princess Oz said in 2009 - don't bother kissing the Blarney Stone, kiss a Cobhian instead!

thanks great island....

if they young and handsome.... line them up for me.... :D:D:D:D

How excited you all must be.... I am, and I'm not even going....;)

Your not the only one :)

Dawn Princess webcam...... check

Blog information................ check

Atlas................................ check

I'm ready.... :)

heh :D, you forget one thing to check, Port web cams ;), you will be able to check that off soon :)

Archived