BON VOYAGE ..World Cruise 2011 Dawn Princess

Well done on getting the webcam pics, hope they didn't have too rough a trip once out of the heads, have only been in and out of Sydney twice, both in the dark each way and both rough once outside.

David note your comment about the Canberra those were the days, when we sailed on the Himalaya we had baggage in the hold and in the baggage room which was open for a certain time each day and we took clothes down and brought back other clothes as the weather changed on the journey out. Some people had the cars with them, unfortunately we found out about that too late and our jaguar came on another ship and was a bit the worse for wear on arrival!

If anyone has some personal contact with any of the "Bloggers" onboard Dawn Princess, can you advise them that there is now a "known problem" with Blogger.com - people are unable to log into their Blogs to update them. I have found a way around it , however it would take a bit of explaining. I suspect that many of them will be using the email facility in Blogger to update their blogs - so they probably won't be aware that their updates may not get through to their Blogs.

Barry

If anyone has some personal contact with any of the "Bloggers" onboard Dawn Princess, can you advise them that there is now a "known problem" with Blogger.com - people are unable to log into their Blogs to update them. I have found a way around it , however it would take a bit of explaining. I suspect that many of them will be using the email facility in Blogger to update their blogs - so they probably won't be aware that their updates may not get through to their Blogs.

Barry

Hi Bazza..wow so you can hack your way around a blogg that your meant to have access to :eek:..I cant imagine anything worse than not being able to Blog on Blogger.com and having to by pass blogger.com to blog :confused:..

Ohh you look familiar by the way Bazza??

And safe sailing to all :)

The first posts are coming through on the Blogs.

Yes, some good reading so far, a few of the bloggers are a little slow in starting, but rest assured we can expect some great sea stories over the next 104 days on DP WC !

Nice to see Princess are giving out presents to the World Cruisers.

I realise its all included in the price, but its the little things like that make all the difference to a World Cruise , and are wonderful mementos.:)

This article below from electronic news gives us some interesting STATS on this year world cruise - 50% of the passengers are undertaking the full world cruise, with 25% having undertaken all or part of a world cruise with Princess before! Sheree

Strong $A Puts Extra Wind in the Sail for Dawn Princess World Voyage

Friday, 27 May 2011

Princess Cruises’ Dawn Princess sailed from Sydney on its annual world cruise, with almost half her 1900 passengers set to experience the full 104-night voyage.

The strong $A will make the annual voyage more enjoyable than ever as passengers visit 43 destinations in 30 countries worldwide over the Northern Hemisphere summer, returning to Sydney in September.

The voyage is Princess Cruises’ fourth world cruise from Australia, with the cruise line pioneering the concept in 2008. Since then, the globetrotting voyages have proved one of Princess’ most popular local itineraries.

Princess Cruises says more than 900 passengers will sail the full world cruise this year.

More than two-thirds of the passengers onboard the superliner have cruised with Princess Cruises before – and about a quarter have previously enjoyed all or part of a Princess’ world cruise.

Princess Cruises’ executive vice president Jan Swartz said world cruises were a fabulous way to see a huge range of countries in comfort.

“Australians are great travellers so these world cruises from Sydney have clearly hit the mark, proving the perfect way to see the globe - yet only unpack once!” Ms Swartz said.

“While our world cruises have been very popular each year, the 2011 voyage will have to be one of the most memorable with the robust Australian dollar giving passengers great buying power in every country they visit.”

Princess Cruises is offering two world cruises on Sun Princess and Dawn Princess in 2012 with more than 1000 people already booked for the complete voyages.

Ms Swartz said a highlight of the world cruise was the scenic cruising through ANZAC Cove in the waters off Turkey – an experience which featured recently on the Princess Cruises blog, “50 Essential Experiences: The Travel Bucket List”.

“This is an incredibly moving visit for all our passengers, so it has become a perennial on our world cruise itinerary.”

Ms Swartz said the transiting of the Panama Canal was also a favourite amongst passengers.

Sun Princess 2012 104-night World Cruise departs Sydney May 16, 2012, with fares starting from $21,999* per person twin share.

CorrectionThe Captain announced that we have lost one of the four engines

update from an email from Joanne....

...News from the captain is that we are running on only 3 generators..... generator fixers will be getting on in Darwin to fix it..... so far we are still on schedule....

Captain mc bain has been fantastic and keeps us informed of all the stuff he wants us to know ..... he is very popular.... I like him most because he signed my quilt...joanne

When I first read this about the generator/engine on Dawn I thought not again, haven't they fixed it yet? The Sun P had the same problem limping back from the Cherry Blossom cruise, and it too was down to 3 engines.

Ahhh the joys of cruising :D

Hi David (or anyone else who knows the answer to this one)....

interesting to see SUN PRINCESS is taking over from DAWN for the world cruise job in 2012. Not sure where DAWN will be because it's voyage schedule is "blank" between May and August..... surely not a 4 month drydock?!

Anyway my friend just left Sydney on Wednesday on DAWN for the half leg world cruise when he gets off in Dover..... look foward to his tales when he returns.... I LOVE cruising but I honestly couldn't see myself on a 54 day sailing.

ps. thanks for your always informative comments David.... appreciated....

Not sure where DAWN will be because it's voyage schedule is "blank" between May and August..... surely not a 4 month drydock?!

I think Dawn Princess is doing a Circumnavigation of Australia, and then sets off on a 75 day Circle the Pacific Cruise during that time.

Meanwhile today they are really at the Top End of Australia.

Trust they had a great day going through the Torres Straight

29dawnmap.jpg

Archived