RCCL Diamond Member Perks

REALLY!!!??? YAHOO!!!!!!!!

We saw that ship this winter....looked down upon her from the OASIS...she sure was a beauty....cant wait to take her on a short trip out of Tampa.

Sorry but you will have to wait quite some time. She has sailed from Tampa.

anything you order from the bar servers.

I think it depends on what you would order from the bar servers. For example, no frozen drinks. If you drink, vodka, and the regular bar "whiskey types" such as scotch, rye etc, you can get those mixed with water, soda, coke etc. as well as wine and beer.

It's a great time and we totally enjoy it and are glad that Royal Caribbean has this even though------enough said.

The Jewel is taking over her slot for a while. She'll be doing the 4 & 5 nighters out of Tampa.

And Jewel will be sailing from Tampa in the winters of 2011 and 2012/13 which is as far at the deployment schedules currently go.

You all saying Drinks ,Drinks and Drinks.

How about any Free Internet usage for Diamond member?

Any one knows?

Each Diamond member gets a coupon book in which one of the coupons is worth 30 minutes of free Internet.

On Oasis Class you will have a designated Diamond Lounge that will have the nightly event from 5-8:30 with complimentary cocktails along with wine, champagne, soft drinks and beer. You will have access to the lounge 24/7 for specialty coffee along with continental breakfast every morning.

You get the same perks as you would if you had access to the Concierge Lounge.

BTW, Radiance is having a Diamond Lounge installed when she goes into dry dock on Friday.

We are became Diamond last December and have only cruised on Navigator and Radiance, so had the Nightly Diamond Event. Will be on Oasis in Sept. so in Diamond Lounge is it free drinks or just wine and champagne?

There is some limitations on Alcohol drinks.There were a lot of options available and don't know what all you couldn't get. In my case they would not serve me a Jim Beam and coke. There were other mixed drinks available but Jim Beam was not on the nightly list for my cruise. No problem just ordered a beer.

There is some limitations on Alcohol drinks.There were a lot of options available and don't know what all you couldn't get. In my case they would not serve me a Jim Beam and coke. There were other mixed drinks available but Jim Beam was not on the nightly list for my cruise. No problem just ordered a beer.

It depends on the ship. It has been our experience that alcoholic brands will vary from ship to ship and from Concierge to Concierge. It definitely is not top shelf.

You're saying that you left your friends behind so you could board early??? I'm a Diamond member too but I would NEVER abandon my traveling companions to take advantage of a perk! Sorry but this shows lack of courtesy to my so called friends.

We didn't abandon our friends, In my case we all arrived from different shuttles and times, so, yes we boarded without them....So maybe get your facts straight before blasting someone.

We have sailed with friends who are not diamond. We always tell them we will meet them onboard. Calling someone inconsiderate because they are using a perk they have earned is unfair. On the flip side, we have cruised with friends who are D+ or in a GS - we would never expect them to forgo the concierge class simply because we did not earn the perk. True friends would be happy and encouraging to use any benefits offered.

Originally Posted by thompson4131 viewpost.gif

You're saying that you left your friends behind so you could board early??? I'm a Diamond member too but I would NEVER abandon my traveling companions to take advantage of a perk! Sorry but this shows lack of courtesy to my so called friends.

We didn't abandon our friends, In my case we all arrived from different shuttles and times, so, yes we boarded without them....So maybe get your facts straight before blasting someone.

Hey friend dont let them get to ya.............

My partner and I travel with friends often....always a tough choice.....free drinks in the D-lounge and C-lounge or sit with my loser friends(and pay for drinks) who are not diamond yet....free drink wins every time!!!!!!!!!LOL

Edited by storm1of4

Interesting how so many will use their perk to priority board and leave friends behind yet I do not think I have read a post where the priority boarder forgoes the priority process and stays with friends.
As a matter of fact, we've boarded with friends in Galveston many times. If we arrive together as a group, we stay together.

As a matter of fact, we've boarded with friends in Galveston many times. If we arrive together as a group, we stay together.

Our friends were not allowed to join us for priority check in at Galveston...about 2 years ago. So, it might depend on the agent - they were checking set sail passes where the two lines separated. We joined them in the non-priority line and it was fine.

Interesting how so many will use their perk to priority board and leave friends behind yet I do not think I have read a post where the priority boarder forgoes the priority process and stays with friends.

Maybe that's because our friends would never think to be so selfish as to encourage us to wait in a longer line. Nor would I EVER want someone with benefits above mine to give theirs up for MY convenience. I mean really now - it's not like you are leaving them behind in a crime ridden alley. You are simply boarding a ship. Everyone will have plenty of time to be together onboard.

Maybe that's because our friends would never think to be so selfish as to encourage us to wait in a longer line. Nor would I EVER want someone with benefits above mine to give theirs up for MY convenience. I mean really now - it's not like you are leaving them behind in a crime ridden alley. You are simply boarding a ship. Everyone will have plenty of time to be together onboard.

No need to get upset. I was simply making a general observation and it was in no way directed towards anyone in particular.