All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

• 1 month later...
Are wine packages still available, I've looked in the beverage section but still no sign.

Wine packages have been discontinued. However, check onboard because they may offer a package on the ship.

• 8 months later...

Any recent updates? I see the last post was nearly a year ago! I'll be on one of the Alaskan cruises on the EOS in mid-July and am looking forward to it. Currently researching paid-dining options as well as fishing excursions in Juneau (either local walking guided or fly out if I'm feeling spendy)

Any recent updates? I see the last post was nearly a year ago! I'll be on one of the Alaskan cruises on the EOS in mid-July and am looking forward to it. Currently researching paid-dining options as well as fishing excursions in Juneau (either local walking guided or fly out if I'm feeling spendy)

Explorer has been through a dry dock. Added staterooms, Flowrider, Chops Izumi, pool big screen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are looking forward to Explorer coming to Australia for her second Summer visit as we are booked on the Christmas and New Year's sailing to Fiji and the South Pacific. I have just noticed that we have been moved from the aft cabin I originally booked (9692) to a hump cabin (8318). I chose the aft cabin as there are 6 sea days on this sailing and the aft cabins have such big balconies including lounger chairs. I have seen photos of the hump balcony and it looks pretty small in comparison, although the views should be amazing. I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it but hoping that someone who has stayed in a similar room can let me know if the balcony is really not that small on the hump?

Had you booked and paid for you cabin? I have absolutely no idea if having paid for your holiday in full would actually make any difference with Royal Caribbean but you'd think it would be locked in?

We have an Aft cabin booked (and paid for) for the 3rd of January 2017 cruise, hope we don't get bumped, though I think our cabin type is only in the aft...

Hopefully someone will be along with a more helpful reply...sorry x

HKA

Had you booked and paid for you cabin? I have absolutely no idea if having paid for your holiday in full would actually make any difference with Royal Caribbean but you'd think it would be locked in?

We have an Aft cabin booked (and paid for) for the 3rd of January 2017 cruise, hope we don't get bumped, though I think our cabin type is only in the aft...

Hopefully someone will be along with a more helpful reply...sorry x

HKA

Yes, booked and paid a long time ago. But searching these boards I see this happens all the time! My original room was next to a royal family sweet and all I can think is that someone booked that and wanted the room next door so they 'upgraded' us.

I will. They responded to my email and said that I made the change myself! Of course I have written back asking for details - I would not have changed my room, unless there is some way of accidentally upgrading yourself?? Anyway, will see what they come back with. My husband is not worried, he says we are not on our balcony much anyway, but I was looking forward to all the space in that balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
I will. They responded to my email and said that I made the change myself! Of course I have written back asking for details - I would not have changed my room, unless there is some way of accidentally upgrading yourself?? Anyway, will see what they come back with. My husband is not worried, he says we are not on our balcony much anyway, but I was looking forward to all the space in that balcony.

Fight for that Aft cabin, we had that same cabin on a Transatlantic, it was the

best cabin we have ever had!! Balcony is huge and it very quiet back there!

... I have just noticed that we have been moved from the aft cabin I originally booked (9692) to a hump cabin (8318).

Yes, booked and paid a long time ago. But searching these boards I see this happens all the time!

This has to be incorrect... it's not an upgrade but a downgrade from a D1 cabin to an E2 cabin. Never have I seen this mentioned on Cruise Critic and never have I heard of this. RCL, or their computers, would never automatically downgrade you to a smaller cabin (8138 will also be smaller inside than 9692). So if you paid for a D1 cabin, you should be fighting for this.

Did you book your cabin through a travel agent or Royal Caribbean? Could there be a possibility that you thought you booked the aft cabin but you really didn't? Check your invoice...it will be crystal clear on your invoice what you paid for.