All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

This has to be incorrect... it's not an upgrade but a downgrade from a D1 cabin to an E2 cabin. Never have I seen this mentioned on Cruise Critic and never have I heard of this. RCL, or their computers, would never automatically downgrade you to a smaller cabin (8138 will also be smaller inside than 9692). So if you paid for a D1 cabin, you should be fighting for this.

Did you book your cabin through a travel agent or Royal Caribbean? Could there be a possibility that you thought you booked the aft cabin but you really didn't? Check your invoice...it will be crystal clear on your invoice what you paid for.

Those Aft cabins are E 2's and a hump cabin I believe is a D 1. Most importantly, if you were put out of 9692, you lose that glorious aft view and huge balcony!

I'm in 7388, which I know is an E catagory and I would be more than angry if I were moved out of it! Good luck!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
First time cruiser question.

Are we allowed to take on board the Explorer a power strip to charge multiple devices from the one 240v European power socket in the cabin?

While many are able to bring them on board, power strips and extension cords are on the prohibited list.

Well, I just got off a cruise on Anthem yesterday. She's a beautiful ship, good entertainment, great dining once you get used to the format, still has that new ship smell. And with all that, I STILL want Explorer back in Bayonne.

First time cruiser question.

Are we allowed to take on board the Explorer a power strip to charge multiple devices from the one 240v European power socket in the cabin?

Hi, we are first time cruisers on Explorer next month and I thought the power socket was going to be U.S., am I wrong, is it European?

Very excited.:)

Hi, we are first time cruisers on Explorer next month and I thought the power socket was going to be U.S., am I wrong, is it European?

Very excited.:)

Enjoy! Explorer is my favorite ship! There is only one electrical outlet in the room and it is at the desk! It is 110 v US . I always take a Belkin plug in which gives me 3 outlets and 2 spots for my iPhone and iPad. I also take my Mophie so I can charge from wherever I am!

Enjoy! Explorer is my favorite ship! There is only one electrical outlet in the room and it is at the desk! It is 110 v US . I always take a Belkin plug in which gives me 3 outlets and 2 spots for my iPhone and iPad. I also take my Mophie so I can charge from wherever I am!

That's great to know you love Explorer, we are so looking forward to it.

Thank you for clearing up what plug I need. I thought it was a US one. I also need to charge the same things you do so will look at the Belkin.

Thanks again!

If you want to explore the ship and want more info, have a look at my thread, plenty of photos in there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2251071

Thank you so much, loved your link. It has shown us so much, fantastic!

Just one thing, I read you aren't allowed to take alcohol on board. We were under the impression we could take one bottle of wine each to our cabin. Is this not right?

Edited by Sacha53

Hi Sascha,

Are you cruising from Sydney? Per the guest ticket booklet:

Guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom on embarkment day. These are to be consumed in the cabin. A corkage will be charged if they are consumed elsewhere on the ship.

Any alcohol purchased at ports or from the ship shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of sailing.

Hope this helps.

Guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom on embarkment day. These are to be consumed in the cabin. A corkage will be charged if they are consumed elsewhere on the ship.

That is a bit outdated - there's no longer any corkage fee.

I have never heard of anyone being charged a corkage fee either but it is printed on the terms of conditions with my paperwork for my Explorer cruise next month.

Seems like another example of outdated RC documentation.

Hi Sascha,

Are you cruising from Sydney? Per the guest ticket booklet:

Any alcohol purchased at ports or from the ship shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of sailing.

Hope this helps.

Hi, yes we are travelling from Sydney, I'm not sure if it's because of the 'Per guest ticket booklet' that we are entitled to the wine, maybe it is.

I shall definitely make sure when we receive our tickets. Everything you have quoted is what we were led to believe.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, you did help me.

Edited by Sacha53

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if the latte machine in the Diamond lounge is working?

The working condition of the machine now has nothing to do with the working condition an hour from now. And I don't mean that to be snarky. The machines just seem to be temperamental and unreliable on all of the ships I've used them on.

The working condition of the machine now has nothing to do with the working condition an hour from now. And I don't mean that to be snarky. The machines just seem to be temperamental and unreliable on all of the ships I've used them on.

Thanks OceanBoy!

You're not snarky and I know what you mean by tempermental!!! The one on Freedom never worked!

We are going on our first RC cruise in 3 days time and we can't wait!

I was wondering if we are allowed to take non-alcoholic drinks on board when we check our bags in during embarkment and also at the different ports?

Thanks.

We are going on our first RC cruise in 3 days time and we can't wait!

I was wondering if we are allowed to take non-alcoholic drinks on board when we check our bags in during embarkment and also at the different ports?

Thanks.

The rules say beverages other than the two bottles of wine at initial embarkation are prohibited. However, they usually don't enforce that rule for water and soda.