Should we upgrade?

peanutrach

We just got an email to upgrade from our Verandah Suite to the Deluxe Verandah Suite on the Veendam to Bermuda departing NYC on June 19th. The offer is for $399/pp. Is this a good deal? Is this room significantly better?

I am tempted to take it b/c this is our honeymoon cruise (we are getting married on the ship before departing NYC). But I want to get a feel for whether this is a good deal and determine if this room is a lot better since I haven't taken Holland America before. Any feedback would be great! Need to make the decision today or else all the upgrades could be sold out!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Rachel

You should make up your mind immediately or there's a good chance you will lose out. They make these offers to a number of people and those who answer first, get it.

Only you know if it is worth the extra money to YOU.

The Deluxe Veranda Suites and all the amenities which accrue with it are outstanding. It is a substantially better cabin and you will have use of Neptune Lounge etc

YES, YES, YES!!!!!

We always choose the Deluxe Verandah and for a honeymoon it will be even more special. First, there is the extra room and don't forget the free laundry. The veranda is so huge!! Bring along some music and you can have your first dance with a beautiful view as you sail away!! Congratulation on both counts - your wedding and your upsell! You will not be disappointed!!

Thanks for the quick response! I am on hold now for the upgrade...keeping my fingers crossed. I figure it looks like a wonderful room and why not since we are only going on our honeymoon once! I hope I'm not too late.

I would take it because it is your honeymoon cruise. Hopefully you'll not be having another honeymoon cruise anytime soon so consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity. The deluxe suite is extremely nice and you'll really enjoy it. However, only you can say whether or not it's worth it. Sure there have been better deals but there has been worse offers also. Again, this is a unique cruise for a unique occasion.

Just booked it! HOORAY!!!

Thanks for the quick advice...my fiance wasn't answering his phone (must be in a work meeting) so I decided to make the executive decision :D

I'm sure he will be happy with it!

Rachel,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I personally would just save the $700.00 and use it for something nice you may find on your cruise. You will have fun on the cruise regarless of the category of cabin.

Rachel,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I personally would just save the $700.00 and use it for something nice you may find on your cruise. You will have fun on the cruise regarless of the category of cabin.

Rachel,

I guess I just replied as you were getting the upgrade. You will enjoy the new suite.

Nancy

YES, YES, YES all the way! Especially as it is a celebration cruise.

Warmest congratulations on your wedding which is on my birthday!

We love Holland America and their wonderful deluxe suites and are sure you will really appreciate the huge cabin and balcony - check the deck plans for the Veendam on the HAL website and compare the size of a deluxe cabin and balcony with what you have booked.

It's great being able to use the Neptune lounge (only available for deluxe and penthouse passengers) with its fantastic concierges, coffee machine and delicious nibbles (which change three times a day). One of our favourite perks is being eligible to have breakfast in the exclusive Pinnacle Grill restaurant (same menu as main dining room, but with personal service and much quieter).

There are many other perks too, but don't hesitate too long as these offers are always 'first come first served' and I expect lots of other people will jump at the chance of this upsell.

Do let us know what you decide.

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

Happy you acted fast and were able to take advantage of the offer.

Warning... Once you stay in a "S" cabin, it will be hard to not do so next cruise. ;) :D

Just booked it! HOORAY!!!

Thanks for the quick advice...my fiance wasn't answering his phone (must be in a work meeting) so I decided to make the executive decision :D

I'm sure he will be happy with it!

Good decision! :) It's a special cabin for a special event. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Good for you. It is a splurge for us but we have never regretted it. Had a cabin right across from the Neptune Lounge this time around and used it several times a day for coffee, tea, and snacks. Plus the concierge service for excursions and reservations and laundry included is a significant bonus.

Congrats, best wishes, and enjoy. I know you will have a lovely time!!

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

Happy you acted fast and were able to take advantage of the offer.

Warning... Once you stay in a "S" cabin, it will be hard to not do so next cruise. ;) :D

I agree with all of the above, especially the congratulations and best wishes. We had an upsell once to that category, and it spoiled us for a regular balcony. :D

quick question, maybe one of you can answer. We are booked, now we check in online. Does the timing of when you check in online have any effect on when your cabin is designated? For instance, you check in online 4 months out, then you'll be one of the first for cabin disgnation....or you check in about a month out and be one of the last meaning maybe you have a better chance of getting into a higher category if you have a gty??

Am I making sense?

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I told the fiance when he got home and he was super excited, especially when he heard that they will press his shirts for him ;) VERY excited about the wedding/honeymoon trip! Thanks again!!!

Congratulations on your wedding and upgrade. From spmeone who has been married 50 years take advantage of the laundry and pressing as there will be a lot for you to do after returning home.

Have a great cruise and life together.

Helen

I am so glad for you that you jumped on this and took it.

What a great way to celebrate your honeymoon.

congratulations on your wedding - may you have many happy years together and what a great way to start with a Deluxe Verandah.:D:D

Smooth seas & happy honeymoon & sailing:)

Archived