*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I screwed up big time on the signature sticker I made for this thread, and I just noticed it tonight. I had the colors on Texas flag in the background mixed up! :eek:

I'm sorry for letting y'all down. Here's an updated signature sticker with the colors corrected!

507069699_TexasSticker.jpg.dec80e9e6bdbf3d511b8ced2efd0e8f2.jpg

Hello everyone from Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada... eah. Nice day and 62 here for a high. So eah, we head more north tomorrow for Prince George, B.C. Have a good evening eah.

Bet ya'll did not know I could speak Canadian.....:D

Personally I think 'Klingon' would be interesting.....LOL

Hi guys from rainy and 52 degree Prince George. We stopped in Williams Lake to do some birding today and then made it on in to Prince George. Our furry critter count finally got started today with 1 bear and one "Moosen" (apologies to Brian Regan) We hope to see more bear and "Moosen" tomorrow on the way to Prince Rupert.

Rupert is where Rhapsody of the Seas was stopping last year. Don't know if she is still doing that run this year, I will check. We will be there Saturday and Sunday so we won't see her if she is.

Qapla' batlh je..... eah. Parly vous Klingon?

Hi guys from rainy and 52 degree Prince George. We stopped in Williams Lake to do some birding today and then made it on in to Prince George. Our furry critter count finally got started today with 1 bear and one "Moosen" (apologies to Brian Regan) We hope to see more bear and "Moosen" tomorrow on the way to Prince Rupert.

Rupert is where Rhapsody of the Seas was stopping last year. Don't know if she is still doing that run this year, I will check. We will be there Saturday and Sunday so we won't see her if she is.

Qapla' batlh je..... eah. Parly vous Klingon?

Rain and 52F would be nice while working at the ranch tomorrow.

DFW area....forecast...100 every day next week...Now, wouldn't it be nice if we had a ship, so we could go to a cooler climate, say the Caribbean, during our hot summers?

I do love folks that say they stay away from the Caribbean in the summer because it is hot....Heck, it is a cool front compared to much of Texas!!!!

Under 20 weeks finally.....busy work summer, time is flying....woke up this morning and realized, not spending enough time goofing off by the pool!

Will try to change that starting today!

Now, if only that waiter would come by with the bucket of beer deal......

I do love folks that say they stay away from the Caribbean in the summer because it is hot....Heck, it is a cool front compared to much of Texas!!!!

The deep waters around the islands do keep them cooler than what we get. But, I have enjoyed 105 F in Cancun in early June.

Now, if only that waiter would come by with the bucket of beer deal......
Their "deal" usually makes my eyes water!! I usually have one at a time, and gaze fondly out the window at the Neighborhood pool across the street.

Nice and warm at the ranch today....saw two new calves there...one of them was bounding all over like a hyper kid...the other was curled up and was having trouble miling from mommy cow... I had to stand her up then mama came over and tried working with her...

It did sprinkle some out there so hopefully as the heat of the day does its thing we will get even more rain out there...the 2" from the other day helped some but not much...

Hope to see ships in and out of port in FLL in a minute...

@RancherDave

I bet each and every time a new 'baby' is born it still amazes you....I know it would me....sorry to hear about the lack of rain....but I feel you...still no rain here either going on nearly a month...local fishing holes are close to being all dried up...so sad :(

@RancherDave

I bet each and every time a new 'baby' is born it still amazes you....I know it would me....sorry to hear about the lack of rain....but I feel you...still no rain here either going on nearly a month...local fishing holes are close to being all dried up...so sad :(

Most ranchers are pretty in tune with seeing animals born and succeed in life. Granted often they end up on the table...but if not the animal population would be huge....

Watching the one calf struggle to get a teet and some milk...was really tough...but short of taking mama and putting a rope on her to secure her and climbing up under with the calf...not much I could do...and to be clear to all, it would be very unwise to climb up under a Longhorn with a nice set of mature horns with great points at the tip...

When I stood the calf up, mama cow did come right back over after I backed away. Always kept watching her though as mama cow Longhorns get really possesive of their calves so her charging at me was definitely a concern. Given she weighs 5-7 times what I do she would do some damage.

@Rancherdave-true many do end on up on dinner tables...but such is life. Just seeing nature take its course ( or in your case helping it a bit) is an amazing thing. I have never seen any type of farm animal being born, but would def love to one day. (glad mama didnt chase ya or catch ya);)

One another topic....any further rain hit your area or nearby? Still nothing here....

Hello everyone from Prince Rupert, B. C. 62 and mostly cloudy. Rained much of the way here. We did see 4 more bears (black) so we are up to 5 total. No more "Moosen."

Darn if my harem will not let me count some of the critters. I saw lots of cowbears and cowmoosen (not to be confused with a cow moose) and stumpbears and stumpmoosen galore. Even saw a stumpelk and several horsemoosen and horseelk. I have got to get them in line. (yeah like that is likely to happen:rolleyes:) Board the Ferry tomorrow so I will be out of touch until we get to Sitka.

We will eat at Smiles for lunch tomorrow at Cow Bay. They have a WONDERFUL Halibut and chips. Their tempura batter is so light and the Halibut almost still flapping they are so fresh. Yummmmy. :D

Watching the Conquest this morning since I couldn't sleep last night.

I was up on the computer until 2:30 this morning finishing up a major project on Royal's fleet deployment throughout the years that I had worked on for a few months. (Especially the last few days.) Expect me to post it on CC later today or tomorrow.

I was up on the computer until 2:30 this morning finishing up a major project on Royal's fleet deployment throughout the years that I had worked on for a few months. (Especially the last few days.) Expect me to post it on CC later today or tomorrow.

With two cats in my spot in the bed I was nearlyi falling out this morning and first woke up at 330am...then just got up for real about 5 minutes ago....figured I would check the various cams as well.

With two cats in my spot in the bed I was nearlyi falling out this morning and first woke up at 330am...then just got up for real about 5 minutes ago....figured I would check the various cams as well.

I hear that except I have a 100 lg golden retriever who wants the older 40 pounders spot on the other pillow. sometimes I wake up with her curled at the top of my pillow like a cat does :eek:

be sure and let us know when you post and what the title is. I do't get on CC as muchas I used to, the business is keeping me BUSY!!!

have a blessed Sunday everyone. 1 week from today, we sail on the FREEDOM---a cruise ahhhhhh.:)

I hear that except I have a 100 lg golden retriever who wants the older 40 pounders spot on the other pillow. sometimes I wake up with her curled at the top of my pillow like a cat does :eek:

be sure and let us know when you post and what the title is. I do't get on CC as muchas I used to, the business is keeping me BUSY!!!

have a blessed Sunday everyone. 1 week from today, we sail on the FREEDOM---a cruise ahhhhhh.:)

DD wants me to look at another dog...a min-poodle she met yesterday....and it happens to be up for adoption. One of the other GS leaders, DW is one, happens to be fostering it right now.

Archived