*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Morning everyone from Prince Rupert. Looking out the window at the "Pearl of Jebel Ali". She is a grain hauler between here and Pakistan. There is another ship anchored further down. I really do need to post some pictures. We go on the Alaska Ferry "Taku" this after noon at 5.

Conquest looks good this morning. Got to love the net. :D

DD wants me to look at another dog...a min-poodle she met yesterday....and it happens to be up for adoption. One of the other GS leaders, DW is one, happens to be fostering it right now.

DO IT!!! I am not a little dog person, BUT dont ever see me not having a dog or 2. Thsi is the first time in years that I haven't had 3. I have too many trips planned to break in a puppy right now and am enjoying just having 2. My oldest is 10+ and starting to slow a bit, which I surely don't like seeing, so I need to think about that. My golden will not be a good only dog, but my 10+ would not be happy with an additional "sibling". Oh well......

@TuckerinTexas My husband said the same thing...(5 years ago when we HAD 3 dogs)...we now have 8...they are like my children...love them all...I also have one that is old, and is starting to really slow down, she is about 13yo, and now on heart medication...but she keeps on truckin!!

My husband claims the 2nd biggest pay raise he ever got was when the dog died. The first being when we got the kids out of college.

I told him I wanted a fluffy little white dog. He told me he hoped it kept me warm in bed because he wouldn't be there.

Tucker in Texas

@TuckerinTexas My husband said the same thing...(5 years ago when we HAD 3 dogs)...we now have 8...they are like my children...love them all...I also have one that is old, and is starting to really slow down, she is about 13yo, and now on heart medication...but she keeps on truckin!!

EIGHT??!!!:eek: wow, I bet your vet loves you.

No fluffy white dog, huh Tucker?

Yeah right!!

Three here, the Manchester Terror squirrel killer, miniature Schnauzer, and the barking red weasel that the vet sez is a miniature Dachshund. Her little sister ate a toad and died; taking a piece of my heart.

God has given me the dogs and a large Tuxedo Kitty; God throws em out of trucks in this neighborhood! :) Except for the Schnauzer which is a step-dog and I hope moves out with the kids.

You can imagine walking the three at once; God and I have conversations about it.

Went on Rhapsody and Voyager twice each outside of Galveston. Went on Voyager last December.

We went on Mariner outside of San Diego to Mexican Rivera before and loved it-Think they both had Chops Grille and Portofino's

We've been to all the ports that Mariner will go on before though-It's still cheaper since we only have a 90 minute drive to Galveston from where we live near Wharton.

We want to take an Alaskan cruise on the Radiance one day or on the Oasis or Allure.

It will be hard since my wife and I lost our jobs earlier in the year

Urgh, missed all the ships sail....DW watered her laptop so I've been dealing with that...wasted effort...she is off to get a new computer....has me a bit irritated since it could easily have been avoided.

Guess after dinner I will be working on set up of her new computer.

@TexMike

Sorry to hear that...hope things turn around for you quickly!

@Rancher...Sorry to hear about laptop...oh and I do understand about the 'drop-offs' one of ours is a dumped dog. The rest I rescued and had them fixed, shots etc. We recently had two more dogs dumped in our area...and we walked around the neighborhood and found homes for the both of them. People sure can be awful :(

Urgh, missed all the ships sail....DW watered her laptop so I've been dealing with that...wasted effort...

Put it in a plastic bag filled with rice for about a day or 2. Worked on my sister's new ipad 2!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Testing upcoming fleet deployment...

2625409020105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Can everyone read the above? The picture quality on Webshots is much lower than when I made it on PowerPoint.

The city listed above a ship is primary departure port for that ship for the season (Winter 2011/2012). Numbers to the left of each ship are the number of nights the ship cruises.

n/a = not available

0 = 10 nights

1 = 11 nights

2 = 12 nights

Ship classes are color-coded:

Oasis Class - Yellow

Freedom Class - Green

Voyager Class - Blue

Radiance Class - Light Orange

Vision Class - Light Purple

Sovereign Class - Light Blue

Testing upcoming fleet deployment...

2625409020105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Can everyone read the above? The picture quality on Webshots is much lower than when I made it on PowerPoint.

The city listed above a ship is primary departure port for that ship for the season (Winter 2011/2012). Numbers to the left of each ship are the number of nights the ship cruises.

n/a = not available

0 = 10 nights

1 = 11 nights

2 = 12 nights

Ship classes are color-coded:

Oasis Class - Yellow

Freedom Class - Green

Voyager Class - Blue

Radiance Class - Light Orange

Vision Class - Light Purple

Sovereign Class - Light Blue

nice job . would you please email this to me cwstravelATyahooDOTcom

Thanks Dylan

Put it in a plastic bag filled with rice for about a day or 2. Worked on my sister's new ipad 2!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rice is a great idea...since I don't have a bunch of silica beads. Think I will do that and head to bed...

I know this may sound crazy but my engineer husband did it and it worked. His Dad's phone got wet and my DH dried it out as best as he could and then put it in the refrigerator because he says the cold air is dry. I thought he was crazy, but it worked.

I spilled a coke on my keyboard at work one time...worse than water and just ended up with a new one. It was a big sticky mess!

Can someone tell me how I would go about getting from Houston to Gavleston ? Thinking about taking the Mariner for a spin. Possibly in Feb or March 2012. I apologize if this has been already asked in this thread. TIA!!

Can someone tell me how I would go about getting from Houston to Gavleston ? Thinking about taking the Mariner for a spin. Possibly in Feb or March 2012. I apologize if this has been already asked in this thread. TIA!!

Company called Galveston Limo has van service that is likely your best bet. You can probably find them on Google.

If you come in February plan around Mardi Gras.

Come and join in the fun!:D

Get your hotel rooms now!

see http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/

When is Mardi Gras! Galveston 2012?

From Friday, February 10, 2012

through Fat Tuesday, February 21, 2012.

We are taking the Mariner out in March...and booked thru supershuttle...it was the cheapest transportation we could find, that also came highly recommended. We are also coming out of Houston, to Galveston. Let us know if you are gonna join us in March...we have a thread under Roll Calls :D

We are taking the Mariner out in March...and booked thru supershuttle...it was the cheapest transportation we could find, that also came highly recommended. We are also coming out of Houston, to Galveston. Let us know if you are gonna join us in March...we have a thread under Roll Calls :D

I forgot about them...agree they may actually be an even better bet...especially if there are others who arrive on your flight going to Galveston....check your roll call...

Come Mister Tally mon tally me bananas

Del Monte wants to expand it's Port of Galveston operation, TGLO wants part of the revenue??

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/241238

@Everyone Mornin' ALL

Looks like FINALLY we have a good chance (30%) of rain today!!! I am hopeful that Texas will get its fair share as well. Have a great one...

@RancherDave-How's the baby calves doing?

Next weekend has a slight chance of rain at 20%. Galveston is hitting 91 with a 102 F heat index and a 12 mph breeze(onshore flow). These are the days when you hit the beach early and leave early as well. But, it's some of our best fishing if you can get up in time for the "Dawn Patrol".

If you want to get sun and windburned, come on down for the 4th.:)

Great job with the ships Dylan.

Morning everyone from Sitka, Alaska. What a great day yesterday as it was partly cloudy and we could see everything. This morning is back to reality, drizzle and fog. :rolleyes: We saw whales (Humpbacks and Orca), Sea Otters, Sea Lions, and many other critters. I will see who is here today when we had downtown. Sitka has several cruise ships during the week. We did pass the Disney Wonder coming out of Ketchikan yesterday

Yeah right!!

Three here, the Manchester Terror squirrel killer, miniature Schnauzer, and the barking red weasel that the vet sez is a miniature Dachshund. Her little sister ate a toad and died; taking a piece of my heart.

God has given me the dogs and a large Tuxedo Kitty; God throws em out of trucks in this neighborhood! :) Except for the Schnauzer which is a step-dog and I hope moves out with the kids.

You can imagine walking the three at once; God and I have conversations about it.

Yes Galveston Cruiser and I have 3 furry cats (Bebe, Sylvesterand Sherman),

and 1 dog (Tuxedo the border collie) which are all rescues!

Then of course one of our sons has two big dogs, which visit often,

and then we have a zoo!

We love them all and have to find a house and pet sitters

when we cruise.

Morning everyone from Sitka, Alaska. What a great day yesterday as it was partly cloudy and we could see everything. This morning is back to reality, drizzle and fog. :rolleyes: We saw whales (Humpbacks and Orca), Sea Otters, Sea Lions, and many other critters. I will see who is here today when we had downtown. Sitka has several cruise ships during the week. We did pass the Disney Wonder coming out of Ketchikan yesterday

Probably no more one ship in Sitka and they will be tendering. I've only been there when we were the only ship in port and with no pier it isn't attractive to the really big ships. Your missing out on another scorcher in Texas.

Archived