*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

@Everyone

Mornin' ALL

Looks like FINALLY we have a good chance (30%) of rain today!!! I am hopeful that Texas will get its fair share as well. Have a great one...

@RancherDave-How's the baby calves doing?

Will see the calf on Thursday...hopefully up and about....not sure though. Guess that is another reason to go to my Conroe meeting first...don't want to smell like no longer living calf at the meeting...

I pray she is up and about...she is a cutie.

Probably no more one ship in Sitka and they will be tendering. I've only been there when we were the only ship in port and with no pier it isn't attractive to the really big ships. Your missing out on another scorcher in Texas.

I have seen 3 ships there before, and it was a zoo. They have argued for years about a pier in Sitka. So far the nay sayers have won.

There is one of the two ships in today for Crystal Cruises. They alternate Tuesdays it seems. Not many people in town, as the weather has been a sulky rain and drizzle all day. I guess most just took a tour and then headed back to the ship to dry out and warm up. Trying to clear finally, but still some drizzle and fog around. There has been a steady parade of Eagles in the tree just outside the house. DW and GF keep trying to get pictures of them. One soggy eagle coming up.....:D

@Everyone

Mornin' ALL

Looks like FINALLY we have a good chance (30%) of rain today!!! I am hopeful that Texas will get its fair share as well. Have a great one...

Yep, finally got some beautiful rain today here in Arkansas. Did anyone in Texas get any or did we hog it?

We took the Mariner outside of San Diego for the Mexican Rivera back in 2009

Looking forward to it coming to Galveston-We are only a 90-minute drive from where we live near Wharton.

We were on Voyager the past two years and ready to cruise a different ship. We cruised the Rhapsody in 2004 and 2007

Is anyone on this thread attending precruise lunch

in Gruene July 16th 2011 for the RCCL Mariner of the Seas

paperclip.gif firstnew.gif Roma--Galveston Oct26 2011 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page) :D

Spring

Yes Lee, I am coming with Judy and her cabin mate, even tho I will not be on Mariner. Judy and I are going to the opening night and after show party of Houston G&S society's Mikado. I usually spend the night downtown at the hotel where we have the party but Judy wants to meet her fellow Mariners, so I am going to tag along............Then of course we will see you in Galveston at the end of the month. :)

Yep, finally got some beautiful rain today here in Arkansas. Did anyone in Texas get any or did we hog it?

Huff n Puff and blow some of those clouds full of rain our way... After I get back from Allure I will likely have to find a way to sell at least 5 mama/calf combos if not 10...prob well below market value while diesel is way up in cost...urgh!!!

Given the drought RCCL should be able to get better beef at lower costs right now adn help improve the quality of some of the meals aboard...

Arkansas must have hogged it all!! Even with tropical depression Arlene in the gulf, it looks like it is going into Mexico with no chance of rain for us. Going to house in Sargent tomorrow for a week or more for the holiday week-end. At least it will be a quiet one with no fireworks. Everyone have a great holiday week-end and be safe!!

Arkansas must have hogged it all!! Even with tropical depression Arlene in the gulf, it looks like it is going into Mexico with no chance of rain for us. Going to house in Sargent tomorrow for a week or more for the holiday week-end. At least it will be a quiet one with no fireworks. Everyone have a great holiday week-end and be safe!!

Sargent!! I've only met one other person who had even heard of that place, lol... We grew up spending pretty much every weekend there at my grandparents' house, and then I lived there myself about 15 years ago. It is so nice now with the granite blocks creating an actual beach and the nice picnic pavillions they put in. Great little place!

crazy4themouse - Usually no one has ever heard of Sargent. Been going there since I was a little girl. After Hurricane Carla my dad bought a place and my Mom gave it to my sister and I after Dad passed away. The house burned down in 2000 and we rebuilt. I grew up going there, my kids grew up there and now my granddaughters will. Also Hurrican Ike really messed up Sargent beach. Not much beach left and right now the seaweed is awful, but I still love it. We have lots of family who also have places, so it is always a big PARTY! No fireworks though this year.

My hubbys Grandma owns a house in Sargent at Caney Creek. We usually will be there for this holiday weekend but the pier is being rebuilt and we wanna play with our boat. No where to park it so no fun.

I love how it can be crazy fun all day on the creek but get really quiet at about 2pm when everyone settles down for a rest. Then it picks up again early evening.

My hubbys Grandma owns a house in Sargent at Caney Creek. We usually will be there for this holiday weekend but the pier is being rebuilt and we wanna play with our boat. No where to park it so no fun.

I love how it can be crazy fun all day on the creek but get really quiet at about 2pm when everyone settles down for a rest. Then it picks up again early evening.

Where on Caney Creek?

I am really missing it now after this discussion... my mom just sold the house last month to settle my grandmother's estate after she passed away last year, since her own son stole the 7-figure legacy my grandfather had left for her care. Long story, very sad. :( He had built their house in Caney Creek Estates before even Carla hit. This will be the first July 4th in as long as I can remember that we won't be spending there, and I hate it. I'm at least glad I have so many years of great memories there.

But you described it just perfect -- tons of activity on the creek from sun-up until early afternoon, then everyone gets out of the heat, then hits the fun again in early evening. :)

-gina-

crazy4themouse - Usually no one has ever heard of Sargent. Been going there since I was a little girl. After Hurricane Carla my dad bought a place and my Mom gave it to my sister and I after Dad passed away. The house burned down in 2000 and we rebuilt. I grew up going there, my kids grew up there and now my granddaughters will. Also Hurrican Ike really messed up Sargent beach. Not much beach left and right now the seaweed is awful, but I still love it. We have lots of family who also have places, so it is always a big PARTY! No fireworks though this year.

I know about Caney Creek...Sargent is just down the road from us! Haven't been there in years and years!

I used to work in Bay City earlier in the year at the newspaper before losing my job.

Never did go to Sargent though-We did go there about 5 years ago to eat at a good seafood place.

While we have cruise insurance, we didn't have crop insurance since a farmer farmed our crops. At least the rains from three weeks ago helped the cotton crop.

Doubt we will be able to afford a cruise in the near future since my wife and I are both now unemployed.

I know about Caney Creek...Sargent is just down the road from us! Haven't been there in years and years!

True, you're not far at all!

Growing up, I remember my grandfather taking my brother and I to what passed for the mall at that point -- remember Wilson's?? -- and let us pick out a toy each time. It was a very big deal to us. :) And then when I lived in Sargent, I would go grocery shop in Lake Jackson. It's a beautiful place -- I would love to live there!

-gina-

Sargent!! I've only met one other person who had even heard of that place, lol... We grew up spending pretty much every weekend there at my grandparents' house, and then I lived there myself about 15 years ago. It is so nice now with the granite blocks creating an actual beach and the nice picnic pavillions they put in. Great little place!
Lived down the island on Galveston, so several times I've crossed San Luis Pass and through Surfside and Sargent headed West some where. Here you thought it was a secret and half of Texas has been there. It's kind of like Roll Over and Sabine Pass, you almost have to be going there to go there.

Speaking of the island, it's 95 F there today with no rain in sight!!

Lived down the island on Galveston, so several times I've crossed San Luis Pass and through Surfside and Sargent headed West some where. Here you thought it was a secret and half of Texas has been there. It's kind of like Roll Over and Sabine Pass, you almost have to be going there to go there.

Speaking of the island, it's 95 F there today with no rain in sight!!

Nice and toasty warm I see...at least you have a beach nearby and can dip in to cool off.

Nice and toasty warm I see...at least you have a beach nearby and can dip in to cool off.
Galveston beach water temperature is 89 F; on days like this I think I would actually go for Barton Springs.:) Is it still topless optional??:eek:

Hi guys, we are still in Sika. Nice morning and we took a drive to the top of the mountain above town and what a stunning view. It did not last long as within 15 minutes the view was gone, 10 more minutes and the fog set in and 5 more minutes and the rain began again. We should have been up there an hour earlier. :rolleyes: Oh well....it is Sitka.

The HAL Westerdam is in town. More people got off today to shop in the nice weather before noon. I wish HAL would try a ship out of Galveston. That is the one major cruise line we have not been on.

Archived