*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

The problems in Athens may help push the dollar value up...and weaken the Euro...those are a start in the change of situations...and we are already seeing fewer ships planned for the Med in the future...

you can get some pretty good deals in Europe this summer on ALL the cruise lines. course flights will eat up any savings.

Chatting with Aussies on our cruise they are all flocking this way for vacation as their dollar hasn't been this strong against the dollar in like forever...may reported recalling when they paid $1.50Aus/$1USD and now they get more than one USD per Aussie$. Made me rule out a week on the beach in Perth later this year...too expenisve to go there right now.

dont say that!! we have a cruise from Sydney to Honolulu next April:eek:

Carnival has a 7 day, out of Galveston, going to East Caribbean.

I wish RC would do that, I really do not want to do Carnival again.

But this will make our 4th time to Cozumel !

So the worse of two evils are mixing.

have you ever been to Chankanaab in Cozumel? after we discovered that place, it makes Coz a better place to go to OR we just don't get off the ship and have a wonderful tie without everyone else on there!!! But I do know what you mean I'm kind of tired of the Western Carib

Carnival has a 7 day, out of Galveston, going to East Caribbean.

I wish RC would do that, I really do not want to do Carnival again.

But this will make our 4th time to Cozumel !

So the worse of two evils are mixing.

:rolleyes:

My DH is really tired of this Western Caribbean itinerary. We're thinking about going to Italy for a few days next summer and then taking a Mediterranean cruise after that. I priced it and the Mediterranean cruises are very reasonable. I did hear they're having a tougher time selling them. We'll see...

Falmouth was a good port, it's a huge compound and security is strong. But, everything you want to see in Jamaica is somewhere else. Love the long trips out of Lauderdale, but wish they were offered out of Galveston.

That might work because there isn't anything else in Jamaica we want to see. My pick is definetly the longer cruise, either 10 days on Princess or 11 on HAL, but my wife would rather do any cruise that doesn't involve flying.

Hi guys, just checking in. I for one really do like the western Carib. I did one cruise to the eastern and was pretty well bored with it. However, I am NOT a beach person. I like all the history and the jungles of the western Carib and central America. I would like to see some more longer runs down to Costa Rica and Panama again. Those really are neat places. I did one run to Guatemala with NCL, but they moved out of the port. I liked it a lot, but others did not feel safe or missed all those diamond international shops. :rolleyes:

...have you ever been to Chankanaab in Cozumel? after we discovered that place, it makes Coz a better place to go to OR we just don't get off the ship and have a wonderful tie without everyone else on there!!! But I do know what you mean I'm kind of tired of the Western Carib

Did the Dolphin push, pull, kiss, there on our first visit.

We have also done the Tequila tasting, at noon... Yippie. might do it again.

Also we just did the helmet dive there, fun, and might do again with other sisters.

But then again, I hear the ship empty, is a treat!

So might run ashore, grab some flavored tequila, then back on board before lunch.

My DH is really tired of this Western Caribbean itinerary. We're thinking about going to Italy for a few days next summer and then taking a Mediterranean cruise after that. I priced it and the Mediterranean cruises are very reasonable. I did hear they're having a tougher time selling them. We'll see...

That is so funny, I just posted on the Booking on Board thread here,

that we also wanted to do the Med. I found out that if I do, they are going to want $900 per person deposit, because we want a Owner's Suite.

But wanted to also book air fare, that is going to be around $1500, so the small deposit was going to help for now.

But to come up with $2400 while on a cruise!

That might cut down on my drinking! ( oh like I drink that much ! )

Texas Teen, those are winter port prices in the Caribe that usually drop in the summer, as it's tough to sell a trip to somewhere as hot as Houston.

Sure is true....I even had to cut price of ranch visits by 75% this Summer with all the hot dry weather we have...

Left here just after 7am and was back by 1245 because much longer and I'd have baked in the direct sun. Got only about half of what I want to get done completed today...maybe by end of next visit I will be close to where I want to be...several of the projects include working with steel which is painted black so it heats up really fast...

Hopeful the Allure Air Conditioning works really well.

All the cruise lines are actually owned by Diamond International....Ships are permitted to stop in port only that have multiple Diamond International shops.

It is a secret...don't tell anyone

LOL.

I think you are right, 3 in Belize!

Looked at the forecast today for Texas and seems like a realistic chance at rain mid next week. I hope so! Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for everyone there.

Thanks, if we do not get rain soon,

It will be a dark Fourth of July !!!!

Here in Houston, Mayor went on TV last night,

asked us to conserve, voluntarily, but soon might be mandatory!

Texas Teen, those are winter port prices in the Caribe that usually drop in the summer, as it's tough to sell a trip to somewhere as hot as Houston.

Prices are just about always higher in the summer than in the winter for ships going to the Caribbean year-round. Not just for RCCL, but for Carnival, too.

I love western Carib...I have 3 vacation homes there, one in Cozumel, one in Costa Maya and one in Roatan. This year we'll be investing in a 4th in Belize:D:D:D The service is great and the food is free:p

Good for you!:rolleyes:

Thanks, if we do not get rain soon,

It will be a dark Fourth of July !!!!

Here in Houston, Mayor went on TV last night,

asked us to conserve, voluntarily, but soon might be mandatory!

Even with rain, we really still need to cull fireworks around Houston this 4th...unless we get flooding rains things will still be too dry for fireworks...they start enough fires in a normal year...this year it is just way too dangerous. The stand near the ranch is looking ready to go...hope it gets banned out there as well...a quick moving grass fire near your ranch can quickly spell huge financial disaster and those responsible for starting the fire(s) are seldom held responsible.

Not sure if rain will cull the water use restrictions in Houston at least until the broken water lines get fixed. Sure makes being on a ship making its own water a nice option right now...

All the cruise lines are actually owned by Diamond International....Ships are permitted to stop in port only that have multiple Diamond International shops.

It is a secret...don't tell anyone

This may shock you, but on my last cruise, we did not stop at a single port with a Diamonds International.:eek: I know it was an extremely rare occurrence and may never happen again, so I count myself lucky to have witnessed this strange sight.:p

I love western Carib...I have 3 vacation homes there, one in Cozumel, one in Costa Maya and one in Roatan. This year we'll be investing in a 4th in Belize:D:D:D The service is great and the food is free:p

I like your perspective!

Since some of y'all are talking about the drought...

The radar is showing a little bit of light rain in our area! Hasn't found our house yet, however. Haven't seen rain here in a few weeks, and the high temp was 105 yesterday and today. Looks like the drought is creeping closer and closer towards North Texas.

2746947980105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

It's looking especially bad for the rest of Texas! :eek: Wonder how much of Texas would be shaded under a D5 drought if there was a D5 category...

Side note: NWS just issued a severe T'storm Warning - but only for strong winds and not strong precip with hail. :(

Anyone going to watch the Conquest tomorrow?

Since some of y'all are talking about the drought...

The radar is showing a little bit of light rain in our area! Hasn't found our house yet, however. Haven't seen rain here in a few weeks, and the high temp was 105 yesterday and today. Looks like the drought is creeping closer and closer towards North Texas.

2746947980105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

It's looking especially bad for the rest of Texas! :eek: Wonder how much of Texas would be shaded under a D5 drought if there was a D5 category...

Side note: NWS just issued a severe T'storm Warning - but only for strong winds and not strong precip with hail. :(

Anyone going to watch the Conquest tomorrow?

I sure hope you get some rain soon. We dont need another Arizona...that is just terrible :(. Oh and I will be watching the Conquest tomorrow too ...

I sure hope you get some rain soon. We dont need another Arizona...that is just terrible :(. Oh and I will be watching the Conquest tomorrow too ...

>>>waving good morning to everyone. I'm actually watching Conquest sail into Galveston Harbor even as we speak. It ain't RCI but it's a cruise ship! I have serious thoughts of booking our next cruise on the Carnival Magic. Just ONCE I want to be on a ship that's newer than 10 years old.

BeccBoo we loved Roatan. Visiting Parrot Tree Plantation, took the tour and loved it!! So lush, beautiful, peaceful. Hope your get-aways bring you much pleasure :)

>>>waving good morning to everyone. I'm actually watching Conquest sail into Galveston Harbor even as we speak. It ain't RCI but it's a cruise ship! I have serious thoughts of booking our next cruise on the Carnival Magic. Just ONCE I want to be on a ship that's newer than 10 years old.

BeccBoo we loved Roatan. Visiting Parrot Tree Plantation, took the tour and loved it!! So lush, beautiful, peaceful. Hope your get-aways bring you much pleasure :)

I am watching it as well..very pretty site :)

Prices are just about always higher in the summer than in the winter for ships going to the Caribbean year-round. Not just for RCCL, but for Carnival, too.
That's interesting Dylan; I truly didn't know that. Summer I spend close to home in case we have to board up and flee.

I have serious thoughts of booking our next cruise on the Carnival Magic. Just ONCE I want to be on a ship that's newer than 10 years old.
We're booked on the Magic Jan. 15th and have a good rolecall going. Coz is sort of a home away from home, Cayman as well. We've never been to Mobay, but big whoop as the Ags would say. This cruise, will be all about the ship.

I missed seeing the ship come into port! Up too late! I think we might seriously consider sailing on the Magic on the Bahamas/Key West itinerary. Just something different! Gotta get to Florida to get those newer ships from RCL!

I'm looking for an excursion in Roatan. So, the plantation was worth going to see?

Archived