Pickleball on the Cruise Ships

CPCruiser4Life

15 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

LOL. I used to live in Oakland and had football season tickets for 15 years but moved to Oregon several years ago. Still root for both unless they are playing each other

25 minutes ago, memoak said:

I don’t think Oski could handle the paddles with his hands. Maybe my duck probably can. Lol

It is like playing Tennis on a smaller court and a whiff-al ball. It is kind of like Ping Pong at the net.  It is the fasting growing sport in the US right now.. Check it out on Youtube. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Pickleball Guy said:

It is like playing Tennis on a smaller court and a whiff-al ball. It is kind of like Ping Pong at the net.  It is the fasting growing sport in the US right now.. Check it out on Youtube. 

I got interested in it when a friend in FL showed me the game.  Got some gear this past Winter and started playing where we stay in SW FL.  Looking forward to full season next Winter. 

Sadly, TPTB have seen fit to ban all sports in Ontario - even outdoors - so no local Pickleball for the next weeks possibly.  It's golf season and that it out as well.  Hard to believe, but true.  And they tell us they follow the science, but it seems they have turned to quack science now.

• Like 1

Pickleball Pickleball Cruises are back in 2022!

With all this talk of Pickleball and cruising maybe you like to try it?

Play Pickleball on the Ship! All skill levels welcome!

What can you do on a Pickleball Cruise?  Pickleball teaching Clinics, Pickleball Trivia, Small Tournament, Group Dining & more!

Imagine going to  Hawaii  or  Alaskan Cruise?

What are some options for a Pickleball Cruise?  Maybe a Fire & Ice Cruise, where you can stay on the ship for a back to back cruise?

There is nothing like a  Pickleball Vacation

Many ships have Pickleball courts, but only a few are worth playing on, like MSC and most of the large Royal Caribbean Ships that attually have 3 courts!  Come give it a try. 🙂

4 Court Pickleball Cruise shot C copy.jpg

15 Pickleball Cruise Court side Feb 2020 3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, oskidunker said:

What is pickel ball? Looks like tennis with paddles. 

Pickleball is essentially paddle tennis played with wiffle balls. It is extremely popular in senior communities.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, memoak said:

I don’t think Oski could handle the paddles with his hands. Maybe my duck probably can. Lol

You do know that Bears eat Ducks, and not the other way round, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

It is extremely popular in senior communities.

It really is!

We live in an adult community and all the tennis players that had aches and pains over the years have switched over and love it.

I tried it and it was fun but, takes away from my golf time 🙂

Hope Princess can convert the hardly used tennis courts on the ships to pickleball now. We would bring our gear then.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Hope Princess can convert the hardly used tennis courts on the ships to pickleball now. We would bring our gear then.

Every Princess cruise I've been on the last several years has had pickleball as a regularly scheduled event.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Every Princess cruise I've been on the last several years has had pickleball as a regularly scheduled event.

That is awesome news!

This will be first time for us on Princess but all the other cruise lines we have been on I never saw one pickleball court (always saw the tennis courts that were never used).

Guess the paddle's and balls will be going with us on our cruise 🙂

Cheers,

John 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZjohn said:

This will be first time for us on Princess but all the other cruise lines we have been on I never saw one pickleball court (always saw the tennis courts that were never used).

Guess the paddle's and balls will be going with us on our cruise 🙂

The net and lines are on the "Sports Court". Which ship will you be on?

• Like 1

Anyone have a 2019-2020 report from what was available on the Regal?  Am booked on a TA in November  2021 and will bring paddles if there is (was) a pickleball court mark up.  Thanks !  

2 hours ago, AZjohn said:

We now (subject to daily changes) are on the Grand

Love the Grand, hope all stays on schedule and you have an awesome trip!

2 hours ago, MMsteffey said:

Anyone have a 2019-2020 report from what was available on the Regal?  Am booked on a TA in November  2021 and will bring paddles if there is (was) a pickleball court mark up.  Thanks !  

The Royal had two pickleball courts marked up, so I presume the Royal would be the same. I think pickleball courts are on pretty much every Princess ship now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2018 at 7:29 PM, PGHSTEVE said:

Pickleball was available in 2016 on Coral Princess. In Sept played on Royal Princess..2 courts  and decent paddles and Dura 40 high quality balls. Portable nets were so so.. Surface ws some type of rubber that even when wet  you could play on it without slipping. Royal has bulkheads blocking out a lot of wind. Competition on board was decent 2.5-4.0 players. I also arranged to teach beginners and had 11  come to my intro to pickleball class. Hopefully ruby Princess will have lines and net on the ship in January

What is the status of the Pickleball court on Ruby?  Have they enlarged it?  Still only 1 court?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, GHCruiser7 said:

What is the status of the Pickleball court on Ruby?  Have they enlarged it?  Still only 1 court?  Thanks!

This topic is almost two years old. You might want to ask a new question on the Princess Forum, but given how small Center Court was (is?) on the Ruby, I don't see how they could add a second court.