Current Captains Con't

When was your last cruise? We did not get the sheet in September, October and/or December.............

Probably depends on the ship. We got the sheet on Liberty in November and Indy in December. However, we did not get it on Monarch in September. Picked it up at Guest Services.

Ok anyone on the Allure know if Captain Johnny plans to stay on the Allure for awhile...if I did my math right the 10 on and 10 off...if he still stays on the Allure he should be there when I am on Oct 20th. That would be so awesome...we had him on a b2b on the Mariner when we just started with RCCI!:)

Ok anyone on the Allure know if Captain Johnny plans to stay on the Allure for awhile...if I did my math right the 10 on and 10 off...if he still stays on the Allure he should be there when I am on Oct 20th. That would be so awesome...we had him on a b2b on the Mariner when we just started with RCCI!:)

I'll simply say this: Captain Johnny will stay on until he can get a new assignment.

When the Allure was brought out, Captain Zini was the lead, and Captain Johnny had the 2nd postion. With Zini gone, Johnny is the lead, and until the company is comfortable with Johnny's releiver, he will remain aboard.

With turmoil abounding at Royal Caribbean, when it comes to captains, Johnny only needs to find a ship that has a captains' quarters large enough to take care of his bird cage!!:D

There is always room in the hold of any RCCL ship to hold his Harley!!

Rick

I'll simply say this: Captain Johnny will stay on until he can get a new assignment.

When the Allure was brought out, Captain Zini was the lead, and Captain Johnny had the 2nd postion. With Zini gone, Johnny is the lead, and until the company is comfortable with Johnny's releiver, he will remain aboard.

With turmoil abounding at Royal Caribbean, when it comes to captains, Johnny only needs to find a ship that has a captains' quarters large enough to take care of his bird cage!!:D

Rick

Haven't sailed with Capt. Johnny yet - but he sounds interesting :cool:

Rick

Care to elaborate on what the turmoil is and why it is happening?

"Until the company is comfortable with Johnny's reliever" sounds as if the company might not trust any other Captain at first. I know that is not how you meant it to sound, but as Capt. Tommy is now it that position, I for one think the company will be well comfortable with him. Both Captains are equally qualified although I accept one might have more years experience than the other. :D

[quote name=rubrrick;36750150................................. With Zini gone' date=' Johnny is the lead, and until the company is comfortable with Johnny's releiver, he will remain aboard..........................

Rick[/quote]

Don't get it!

Why would Royal Caribbean put a captain that they are not comfortable with and another captain has to stay onboard to overlook him??? if a captain was assigned to any ship it's because RC thrusts him/her 100% after all it takes quite some time to become a captain!

Did Capt. Johnny ever have the assignment to the Oasis...if so then what's the difference...but I am not sure where he has been since he left the Mariner. I could see if a capt had not been assign to the bigger ships they may be in second command for awhile.

I will say I would take Capt. Johnny any day taking me through a hurricane like he did back in 2005 with hurricane Wilma...we did the b2b and saw what he did getting in and back out.

Compare to the freak storm on the Freedom we had in Oct 2011...it was more a wild ride that will never forget!

Did Capt. Johnny ever have the assignment to the Oasis...if so then what's the difference...but I am not sure where he has been since he left the Mariner. I could see if a capt had not been assign to the bigger ships they may be in second command for awhile.

I will say I would take Capt. Johnny any day taking me through a hurricane like he did back in 2005 with hurricane Wilma...we did the b2b and saw what he did getting in and back out.

Compare to the freak storm on the Freedom we had in Oct 2011...it was more a wild ride that will never forget!

Captain Johnny went straight from Mariner to Allure. I believe he was involved in Allure towards the end of the building process.

I was on the Western Caribbean cruise with you that turned into an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Captain Johnny went straight from Mariner to Allure. I believe he was involved in Allure towards the end of the building process.

I see... well then hope he is on there for awhile...I would like to see him again.

I was on the Western Caribbean cruise with you that turned into an Eastern Caribbean cruise.
:) I think he did an amazing job don't you think! I know my family was all worried cause I was gone for 2 weeks...

Captain Johnny took us safely around a Tropical storm earlier in 2005. He is an excellent navigator as well as being personable and funny.

Is he back on Allure this week.

"Until the company is comfortable with Johnny's reliever" sounds as if the company might not trust any other Captain at first. I know that is not how you meant it to sound, but as Capt. Tommy is now it that position, I for one think the company will be well comfortable with him. Both Captains are equally qualified although I accept one might have more years experience than the other. :D

Chip, you are correct........I did not mean to sound that Captain Tommy was not qualified. He certainly is, and will do as good a job as Captain Johnny.

When Captain Tommy comes aboard, Johnny is off. It's the normal 10 week rotation. He does not stay aboard to oversee his reliever.

What I meant by my statement, is that Johnny is ready to move on to a different ship, and to find his "replacement" a better word than "reliever", is up to the company. In a nutshell, it will be Captain Tommys reliever........to replace Captain Johnny.

Captain Tommy is very capable today to be the lead captain on the Allure.

I hope that I'm making sense.:)

And to OB, my use of the word "turmoil" was only paraphrasing wolfs words.

Rick

this bringing this forward since it got buried a few pages back

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Gronhaug (started rotation 1-6-13)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 1-13-13)

Allure OTS - Capt Tommy Nyseter

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 1-14-13)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sorensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson (started rotation 11-24-12)

Enchantment OTS - Capt ? ? ? ?

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy (started rotation 11-15-12)

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter

Freedom OTS -Capt Tor Olsen (started rotation 12-2-12)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been (started rotation 11-24-12)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Trond Holm

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic (started rotation 12-30-12)

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remo

Jewel OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen (started rotation 11-24-12)

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald

Legend OTS - Capt Arild Hansen (started rotation 10-14-12?)

Legend OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 12-13-12)

Liberty OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen

Majesty OTS - Capt Dustin Castelsky (started rotation 11-19-12)

Majesty OTS - Capt Per Kjonso

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen (started rotation 11-3-12?)

Mariner OTS - Capt Yngvar Knutsen

Monarch OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen (started rotation 12-15-12)

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus Andersen

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag (started rotation 11-24-12)

Oasis OTS - Capt Patrik Dahlgren

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim (started rotation 11-15-12)

Radiance OTS - Capt Bill Wright

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan (started rotation 11-4-12?)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead

Serenade OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen (started rotation 1-13-13)

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob (started rotation 12-8-12?)

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Shrecko Ban (started rotation 1-6-13)

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen

Voyager OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan (started rotation 12-28-12)

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige

Captain Johnny took us safely around a Tropical storm earlier in 2005. He is an excellent navigator as well as being personable and funny.

Is he back on Allure this week.

hey he is by far the greatest show men in the fleet and a navigator superior to many... also help us get out of the path of Katrina and mariner was his last ship before the build out of allure of the seas... Read his book

jack

hey he is by far the greatest show men in the fleet and a navigator superior to many... also help us get out of the path of Katrina and mariner was his last ship before the build out of allure of the seas... Read his book

jack

I bought it from him on Mariner in 2005 (and he autographed it) and have read it. Good description of how he handled a hurricane while he was captain of Adventurer of the Seas. Lots of communications with the passengers, which headed it off a lot of dissent.

this bringing this forward since it got buried a few pages back

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Gronhaug (started rotation 1-6-13)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 1-13-13)

Allure OTS - Capt Tommy Nyseter

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 1-14-13)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sorensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson (started rotation 11-24-12)

Enchantment OTS - Capt ? ? ? ?

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy (started rotation 11-15-12)

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter

Freedom OTS -Capt Tor Olsen (started rotation 12-2-12)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been (started rotation 11-24-12)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Trond Holm

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic (started rotation 12-30-12)

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remo

Jewel OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen (started rotation 11-24-12)

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald

Legend OTS - Capt Arild Hansen (started rotation 10-14-12?)

Legend OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad (started rotation 12-13-12)

Liberty OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen

Majesty OTS - Capt Dustin Castelsky (started rotation 11-19-12)

Majesty OTS - Capt Per Kjonso

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen (started rotation 11-3-12?)

Mariner OTS - Capt Yngvar Knutsen

Monarch OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen (started rotation 12-15-12)

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus Andersen

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag (started rotation 11-24-12)

Oasis OTS - Capt Patrik Dahlgren

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim (started rotation 11-15-12)

Radiance OTS - Capt Bill Wright

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan (started rotation 11-4-12?)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead

Serenade OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen (started rotation 1-13-13)

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob (started rotation 12-8-12?)

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Shrecko Ban (started rotation 1-6-13)

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen

Voyager OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan (started rotation 12-28-12)

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige

The Port Everglades webcam had good closeups during the sailing away yesterday. I thought I could see Captain Johnny on Allure's bridge wing. See he got on the ship yesterday.