Current Captains Con't

Another thought about Captain Grimstad taking over Allure -- Freedom goes to most of the same ports except for Nassau so he has experience with those ports. On our Feb. FR cruise, we had to divert to Nassau to offload a sick passenger and Captain Grimstad was the master. No problem docking in Nassau for the 20 minutes we were there. And the port was full of other ships.

I just checked my DVR and both recording are still saved. One is "Extreme Cruise Ship" (Oasis of the Seas) and the second "Ultimate Cruise Ship/Feedom"

Hopefully you can find them On Demand.

Captains usually rotate every 10 weeks, but can vary by a week or two.

Thanx everyone for your replies:D

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Looks like captain Strazicic has been with the Indy since day 1.

he's only been there about 4 years so any time he could be moved. I remember moving him on the chart from one ship to Indy, but I can't remember which one it was. Enchantment perhaps???

I know this is a long shot but.........................could anyone take a quess at who might be the captain of the Explorer for next May 22nd LOL

Have a great weekend!!

Thanks for your help

this is difficult to say as Capt Olav has announced he's retiring this year so by next May he shouldn't be 1 of the captains assigned to Explorer.

this is difficult to say as Capt Olav has announced he's retiring this year so by next May he shouldn't be 1 of the captains assigned to Explorer.

Does anyone know who the captains for EX will be when she goes to FL?

Edited by vxmono

he's only been there about 4 years so any time he could be moved. I remember moving him on the chart from one ship to Indy, but I can't remember which one it was. Enchantment perhaps???

Indy came out around May of 2008 and I went in Dec and he was the captain. So he has been there for 5 years now. Wasn't captain Jhonny also captain on the Mariner for quite some time?

Indy came out around May of 2008 and I went in Dec and he was the captain. So he has been there for 5 years now. Wasn't captain Jhonny also captain on the Mariner for quite some time?

Yes, Captain Johnny brought Mariner out of the shipyard in 2003 and was on her until he went to Allure in 2010.

Yeah, he is special. He gets to pick "his" ship and stay with it as long as he wants to.

Capt Rune Johnsen back on MJ, don't know for how long or who will relieve him

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Grønhaug (started rotation 5-26-13)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 6-9-13)

Allure OTS - Capt Tore Grimstad

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 6-15-13)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sørensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Shawn McDuff (started rotation 6-21-13)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter (started rotation 6-13-13)

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy

Freedom OTS -Capt Tore Grimstad (started rotation 6-30-13)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tor Olsen

Grandeur OTS - Capt Trond Holm (started rotation 6-23-13)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic (started rotation 6-1-13)

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remø

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 6-21-13)

Jewel OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen

Legend OTS - Capt Arild Hansen (started rotation 7-21-13)

Legend OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo

Liberty OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen(started rotation 7-13-13)

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad

Majesty OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen (started rotation 7-29-13)

Majesty OTS - Capt ? ? ? ? ?

Mariner OTS - Capt Yngvar Knutsen (started rotation 6-30-13)

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus Andersen (started rotation 7-14-13)

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen

Oasis OTS - Capt Patrik Dahlgren (started rotation 6-29-13)

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag

Radiance OTS - Capt Göran Peterson (started rotation 6-28-13)

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead (6-14-13)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan

Serenade OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen (started rotation 6-12-13)

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos (started rotation 7-6-13?)

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Shrecko Ban (started rotation 6-1-13)

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen

Voyager OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan (started rotation 5-18-13)

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige

i see it's official - Captain Grimstad has moved on up to the allure...

Yes-- had the pleasure of having him for his last cruise on Freedom. He said Sunday was his last day on FOS and that he was off to AOS.

Very visible throughout the cruise and very personable. The crew that we spoke with couldn't say enough about him as well.

Yes-- had the pleasure of having him for his last cruise on Freedom. He said Sunday was his last day on FOS and that he was off to AOS.

Very visible throughout the cruise and very personable. The crew that we spoke with couldn't say enough about him as well.

he seems very nice - i found an article about him in a Norwegian magazine...an interview with him from last year....

and his family seems very nice as well....and best of all - he has a dog who adores him!!! and dogs are never wrong! ;)

he seems very nice - i found an article about him in a Norwegian magazine...an interview with him from last year....

and his family seems very nice as well....and best of all - he has a dog who adores him!!! and dogs are never wrong! ;)

So who has taken his place on Freedom??

That's the truth!:)

So who has taken his place on Freedom??
Earlier posts on this thread indicated that the replacement would be Ron Holmes, who is presently on Adventure. I don't know anything about Captain Holmes -- could some posters enlighten us. thanks Edited by SherriZ366

Earlier posts on this thread indicated that the replacement would be Ron Holmes, who is presently on Adventure. I don't know anything about Captain Holmes -- could some posters enlighten us. thanks

We had the pleasure of dining with Ron Holmes when he was Staff Captain on board the Radiance back in 2005. What a personable and gracious man he was back then. I'm sure he is just as personable and gracious in his position as Master.

Edited by cruisenfever

We had the pleasure of dining with Ron Holmes when he was Staff Captain on board the Radiance back in 2005. What a personable and gracious man he was back then. I'm sure he is just as personable and gracious in his position as Master.
Thanks Patti -- think he may be our captain on our Jan. 12 FR cruise but with Captain Grimstad cutting his rotation short, I am not sure. But as we have 2 other cruises booked on FR (5-2014 & 2-2015), we may have him as our Captain.

Alas, a dog will love you if you beat him every day. Now if he had a cat who adored him, that would be something to talk about!