Age discrimination on RCCL excursions!

Why does the consumer continue to allow RCCL to discriminate based on age regarding many of its excursions? Making a blanket policy is pure age discrimination and should not be allowed. I urge you to voice your opinions!!!

Why does the consumer continue to allow RCCL to discriminate based on age regarding many of its excursions? Making a blanket policy is pure age discrimination and should not be allowed. I urge you to voice your opinions!!!
Could you possibly provide an example please?

Could you possibly give us more details as to what you are questioning in regards to discrimination and excursions. I don't believe I have ever seen an advertised shore excursion that gives an age limitation.

So, why not book a private excursion if RCL has a policy that no one over 65 can book one of their snorkel excursions? Haven't you been able to find a private excursion since March when you first posted about this?

What discrimination if you have trouble walking,would you not like to know the tour requires a lot of walking.:confused:

Let's all go to the Caribbean.:):):)

Would you mind explaining what the heck you are talking about?

So, why not book a private excursion if RCL has a policy that no one over 65 can book one of their snorkel excursions? Haven't you been able to find a private excursion since March when you first posted about this?

Good research,Sherlock!;):D

Hey, no Sherlock for me?:eek:;):p:D

OP's problem is that some excursions list something like this: "Minimum Age: 12 years, Maximum Age: 65 years". He is over 65.

It may not be the cruise lines policy but more like the company running the excursion. I'm sure that the insurance companies who write the policies for the excursion companies have age limits or the policy may be priced based on this criteria. Either way, I'm sure that there is a good reason.

OP's problem is that some excursions list something like this: "Minimum Age: 12 years, Maximum Age: 65 years". He is over 65.

Ah ha. Ok. That's not discrimination.

Better yet........this is for you!

20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Hey! That's usually my job. ;)

In most cases it is for insurance reasons. The cost of insurance for the excursion provider goes way up on more dangerous or strenuous activities. Age restrictions reduce the risk of injuries, number of lawsuits, and their insurance premiums.

That is a little dramatic. These are not RCI's excursions, they are simply acting as an agent. The company running the excursions set the restrictions and age limits are in place for insurance reasons. There are plenty of other options out there excursion wise.

lie about your age if you really want to go on the excursion.

How, exactly, would one do that considering the type of information and documents that one has to provide to the cruise line in order to get onto the ship?

Archived