3 Day Sale

coops

CSloan and DGNY,

Thanks for the comments, felt like I was the one getting knocked.

Dawn

I agree. It wasn't meant towards you.

I think people are tired of Princess doing 3 day sails every other week with weird restrictions.....

why would you book with a non-refundable deposit 7 months out? You can be almost certain that prices will drop again before final payment. With a non-refundable deposit, you can't take advantage of these later price drops.

You should still be able to take advantage of any reduced price that is not restricted to new bookings only.

Can you use a fcc for your deposit on this sale? And if so, it would be non refundable,as well.

No answer needed. I booked using fcc for past passenger rate which agent tells me is lower than sale.

I called Princess last night to change my room and inquiried about the sale price. My previous customer price was cheaper than the sale price plus the room was not eligibe for the OBC - What a deal I should jump on that one :eek: NOT! I bet they sell ice cubes by the glaciers as a bargain too! :)

Important note - there is no past cruiser discount to the sale, so its very possible that people with a Cap Circle account paid less on initial bookings...

Hi: I happened to be looking at Princess and saw on the 3 day sale, the taxes/fees went down from about$279 p/p to aroiund $250 and change. I called our TA and asked him to please check. He emailed me stating we would be getting a check from Princess in the next couple of weeks for a little of $52. for the 2 of us!:) Never hurts to check things out! However, no bargains. Our price when we booked is better than now.

Stay cool and have a great day!

PS anything new of interest on this roll call?:confused:

I looked at the cruise in March to panama that I'm looking to book. Thought this sale might be the time to finally pull the plug. Low and behold the price is exactly the same as I have been seeing for months. The only big price savings I see are for those cruise catagories that depart before January 1, 2012. Would be nice to see them offer a savings on all cruises within a particular catagory like Caribbean or Alaska. Not just one or two cruises that are very very date specific. To much ambiguity on their so called "Huge Sales" to make any plans far ahead.

Hi: I happened to be looking at Princess and saw on the 3 day sale, the taxes/fees went down from about$279 p/p to aroiund $250 and change. I called our TA and asked him to please check. He emailed me stating we would be getting a check from Princess in the next couple of weeks for a little of $52. for the 2 of us!:) Never hurts to check things out! However, no bargains. Our price when we booked is better than now.

Stay cool and have a great day!

PS anything new of interest on this roll call?:confused:

Normally, when taxes/fees go up or down for your sailing after final payment, Princess just adds or deducts from your shipboard account for these. Surprised that they will be sending you a check????

Perhaps I'm just slow this morning but I don't see the connection between non-refundable deposit and price reductions.

Because with those non refundable deposits you can't cancel or transfer the deposit and rebook to get a cheaper price. If you cancel you will lose your deposit and there goes any savings you may be looking at.

Normally, when taxes/fees go up or down for your sailing after final payment, Princess just adds or deducts from your shipboard account for these. Surprised that they will be sending you a check????

We did make our final payment a couple of days before I saw it! If Princess wants to give me the $52+ as an OBC, that's OK too.

Will advise if I get the check.

Because with those non refundable deposits you can't cancel or transfer the deposit and rebook to get a cheaper price. If you cancel you will lose your deposit and there goes any savings you may be looking at.

How often is it necessary to rebook to get a lower price vs just getting the price reduced? I understand it depends on the nature of the price reduction, and the limitations on it.

Would be nice to see them offer a savings on all cruises within a particular catagory like Caribbean or Alaska. Not just one or two cruises that are very very date specific. To much ambiguity on their so called "Huge Sales" to make any plans far ahead.

Just as your local store will have a "huge sale" on merchandise that is not selling well, a cruise line will put on sale cruises and categories on those cruises that are not selling well. No economic reason to put on sale what is already selling well.

The TA assigned to me by Continental.com called Princess on my behalf yesterday and was told there would be a price reduction of $603.80 on my booking (there are 3 of us, so about $200 per person). I was elated all day yesterday, only to get the adjusted invoice by email showing a decrease of only $200 total for the three of us. I called the TA back and she only said Princess must have made a mistake when they quoted the $603.80 adjustment. She said she cannot call them back because she doesn't know who she spoke with over there??? I called Princess myself and they said they cannot discuss the financial details of the reservation with me, only with my TA, but they said they do keep track of who spoke with whom and thought the response I got from the TA was inadequate. Any advice on how to proceed? Should I ask to speak with a manager at Continental.com? I am very happy to get a $200 reduction, but still disappointed because I was expecting a much higher reduction based on what Princess told the TA. Would appreciate your responses! Thanks.

The TA assigned to me by Continental.com called Princess on my behalf yesterday and was told there would be a price reduction of $603.80 on my booking (there are 3 of us, so about $200 per person). I was elated all day yesterday, only to get the adjusted invoice by email showing a decrease of only $200 total for the three of us. I called the TA back and she only said Princess must have made a mistake when they quoted the $603.80 adjustment. She said she cannot call them back because she doesn't know who she spoke with over there??? I called Princess myself and they said they cannot discuss the financial details of the reservation with me, only with my TA, but they said they do keep track of who spoke with whom and thought the response I got from the TA was inadequate. Any advice on how to proceed? Should I ask to speak with a manager at Continental.com? I am very happy to get a $200 reduction, but still disappointed because I was expecting a much higher reduction based on what Princess told the TA. Would appreciate your responses! Thanks.

Definitely call the manager of Continental and ask him/her to call Princess on your behalf. Either Princess made a mistake or your TA misunderstood or made a mistake and didn't want to admit it. It's odd that she won't even try to call Princess again to verify the discount. Doesn't sound like she is really working on your behalf. If she won't, then I will get somebody who will, tell them you may have to go somewhere to find another TA. That should get their attention. Good luck!:)

Archived