Bring our own inflatable baby pool?

Truffle

We will be cruising on Century to Hawaii in Nov. with our son and DIL and our daughter, SIL and our 18 month old granddaughter. The baby loves to swim and while I understand there is a no babies in the pool rule, we have heard that people have brought their own small inflatable pools for their infants. Has anyone done this or seen this done on Celebrity ships? If so, how does one fill it and empty it? Of course we will be carefull to keep it out of walkways. Thanks!

In all my many cruises on Celebrity, I've neverseen anyone with a blow up pool. On Carnival and RCI, yes, but not X. I think the biggest problem will be deck space. On larger ships, it's not that big a problem because they have more space, but on the smaller ships, you might not find room. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I've not seen it on a Celebrity ship.

As for filling and emptying, you have to use a small bucket and maybe take water from the pool, and then you'd have to drag the pool to an outside drain to empty.

I did see one on the infinity to hawaii. They put it in between two lounge chairs so it wouldn't be in anyone's way. As for emptying it, I think (could be wrong) that they were positioned close to a drain (for washing down) Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone & kept the toddler happy.

Have no idea how they filled it, beer bucket & pool water maybe?

...maybe clear water from the rinse off shower, let sit in the sun to warm before putting

toddler in it. Sounds like a plan to me!! That's what I would do with my twin 13 month old grandsons, anyway!

Friends of ours brought a small pool on Constellation and put it on their balcony. Their little girl loved it. I'd never seen it before but think it's a great idea.

This is a great alternative to folks giving you dirty looks with a baby near the larger pools!

The staff are so great with kids of all ages that I'm sure they would jump at the chance to help out in filing the pool.

Go for it and allow your little one to also enjoy their cruise!

I have been cruising with my DD since she was 10 mos...and is now 20 yrs. I think the best approach is to cruise on a line that has baby pools etc...such as Carnival. That said I have never seen a baby pool on X but it would not bother me if it was discreet.

As for the Thlasso...well that is the escape place to get away from children so NO kids...our upcoming cruise will be the first my DD will be allowed in that area and I know we are both looking forward to it.:)

I've seen this on every cruise I've been on. The baby bath tubs are small. Parents tended to go to out of the way places on the ship and set the duck tub between thier lounge chairs. The little kids were happy as clams just sitting in inch deep water and staying cool with a little splash. Nothing wrong with that.

This is a pretty common discussion on the family board. People bring these pools, fill them up in the outdoor shower and dump the water there too. Some ships have splash pools or little water jet areas like someone mentioned, but most do not. This is a big issue for parents of little ones who want to enjoy the water and the weather on a warm weather cruise. Personally I just waited until they were potty trained. They are not old enough to know that they are not allowed to swim and I am not an all day at the pool girl. But for those who are, its a nice way for the family to all have fun.

Folks ~ the OP didn't ask for people's opinions on the subject. They asked if anyone has seen this on a Celebrity ship and how people handled it.

If you can't respond in a polite way to answer the question and keep the subject on topic, please don't respond at all.

All posts violating our guidelines have been removed, along with any posts that referenced them.

Help us to keep our boards a friendly place for cruisers!!!

I would like to commend this parent for thinking ahead. Her child will want to get into those pools & it's hard to explain to a toddler why she can't. If the little pool is kept in an out of the way place, I don't see a problem. It's certainly better than the parent bringing a diapered baby into a hot tub, which I have seen, or into a pool for adults only, which I have also seen. BTW, adult pools are meant to be just that.

Folks ~ the OP didn't ask for people's opinions on the subject. They asked if anyone has seen this on a Celebrity ship and how people handled it.

If you can't respond in a polite way to answer the question and keep the subject on topic, please don't respond at all.

All posts violating our guidelines have been removed, along with any posts that referenced them.

Help us to keep our boards a friendly place for cruisers!!!

Hi Anne! We need a "like" button like Facebook. :D:D

Thanks for the reminder.

I see nothing wrong with bringing a baby pool. After all, I'm planning on bringing a still to make my own booze. I don't believe in smuggling booze onboard - it's against the rules - so I plan to make my own instead since nowhere can I find a rule that says we can't make our own! :D

Archived