Captain on Solstice

IrishLassie

Just wondering if anyone knows if the same Captain (don't remember his name) is still on Solstice that would have been on last October, 2010? :D We're hoping he's still on as he was the funniest Captain we've ever sailed with. :)

Thanks for any info.

The current captain of the Solstice is Yannis Berdos. I think he started his most recent rotation in June. Before him, Gerry Larsson-Fedde was onboard.

I don't think that Berdos is who you're thinking of, since I wouldn't call him a very comical captain... announcements were to the point and personal appearances relatively few.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the same Captain (don't remember his name) is still on Solstice that would have been on last October, 2010? :D We're hoping he's still on as he was the funniest Captain we've ever sailed with. :)

Thanks for any info.

I believe that you are referring to Captain Kafetzis, now on Silhouette.

DimitriosKafetzis-1.jpg

The current captain of the Solstice is Yannis Berdos. I think he started his most recent rotation in June. Before him, Gerry Larsson-Fedde was onboard.

I don't think that Berdos is who you're thinking of, since I wouldn't call him a very comical captain... announcements were to the point and personal appearances relatively few.

Capt. Gerry was on the Constellation in November, 2010. I believe he has now switched over to the Solstice.

He is an absolute riot and a really nice guy! :D

DimitriosKafetzis-1.jpg

Captain Kafetzis was the head comedian/captain of the Solstice when we were onboard in September 2010. He was hilarious and adored by his staff. Many crew members were hoping to follow him to the Silhouette.

DimitriosKafetzis-1.jpg

We were on the Solstice in Sept 2010 and Captain Kafetzis (in the picture) was in charge. At that time he, and most of his crew, was due to be reassigned to the Silhouette. He was wonderful!

We had Captain Gerry on the Connie, April 2010 and we heard he had been transferred to the Solstice. He was amazing and we all enjoyed his corny jokes on the noon announcement. He was the most personable and down-to-earth Captain we have ever had.

• 3 weeks later...

We talked with him last November on the Connie and he told us he would be on the Solstice for our cruise out of Barcelona in September. I agree, he is the most friendly captain. The crew loves working with him which sets the tone for the ship. Happy crew, happy cruisers.

We talked with him last November on the Connie and he told us he would be on the Solstice for our cruise out of Barcelona in September. I agree, he is the most friendly captain. The crew loves working with him which sets the tone for the ship. Happy crew, happy cruisers.

Yup, we just sailed with Captain Gerry on the Solstice end of July out of Barcelona. He is so friendly and funny; we also felt that he was adored by the Officers and crew.He seems like a genuinely wonderful person!

I know you are talking about the Solstice; but we just got off Summit and the captain was fantastic as well. He actually had recognized my husband and I from sailing the Galaxy in 08; it must be a requirement on X that their captains have to above and beyond.

Hi,:) when did you disembark? Was the man Captain Panos?:D

I know everyone raved about Costas this spring/summer but I sailed

with Panos back in February:) and he was supposed to be back on

at the end of July....just wondering which Capt you are referring to:)

Archived