If I ran RCI I would change...

Love the idea of Southern Itinerary out of Miami as opposed to PR. Make it an 8 day! That would be great. Also love the idea of the alcohol package. We loved the beer cooler package when we were on Liberty last year and hoping that it'll be on Oasis this October.

I would give the folks that book Junior Suites that same perks as those who book the Grand suites and above.... they are still suites.

Agreed – or change the name to take away the suite association, or keep the name and include in suite perks.

M

I'd go back to the previous marketing company. "Lust For Life" will always be the RCI theme song for me! :cool:

I used to love the "Get Out There" and "Like No Vacation On Earth" approaches. Their "Nation of Why Not" is just not very catchy nor does it convey what RCI truly has to offer. The old company now does the commercials for Carnival. I always stop what I'm doing and watch those ads. The Carnival ads convey the excitement and the universal draw of cruising! RCI's ads used to convey that, but not any more...:(

Eric

If I ran RCI I would:

1) Set up permanent living quarters and an office for myself aboard one of the Radiance class ships based in the Caribbean that I would live and work from all year.

2) Create a strong presence in the Caribbean all year (after all the company is Royal CARIBBEAN)

3) Have any new builds return to the glass and views of the Radiance and Vision class ships where seeing the ocean is part of the cruise experience. Maybe even build a couple more Radiance class ships.

4) Have some itineraries that go to some of the more exotic locations in the Caribbean.

5) Put a ship back on the West Coast

I would have more Caribbean options available in the summer. I would replace the repetitive ports on the Eastern/Western itineraries with less common ports, to add variety.

We are being forced to sail with a competitor in summer 2012 because of lack of choices, and boring itineraries for the Caribbean (cannot afford airfare to Europe or Alaska)

I would also improve the MDR food quality.

And when the demand for those itineraries wasn't sufficient to fill those ships sailing those itineraries, you would likely no longer be running RCI. ;) It is a nice diversion to imagine how the line should reflect your particular tastes and interests, but running a company requires you to consider all aspects and the wants and needs of a majority of your audience. However, if you really checked out all of RCI's Caribbean itineraries, especially those for longer cruises, you would see that there are more than a few itineraries that no one would consider to be "boring".

This thread contains some very good suggestions but also many that are unrealistic or reflect a lack of awareness of many of the offerings already available from RCI.

And when the demand for those itineraries wasn't sufficient to fill those ships sailing those itineraries, you would likely no longer be running RCI. ;) It is a nice diversion to imagine how the line should reflect your particular tastes and interests, but running a company requires you to consider all aspects and the wants and needs of a majority of your audience. However, if you really checked out all of RCI's Caribbean itineraries, especially those for longer cruises, you would see that there are more than a few itineraries that no one would consider to be "boring".

This thread contains some very good suggestions but also many that are unrealistic or reflect a lack of awareness of many of the offerings already available from RCI.

Buzzkill!

(I am sure if people were really running the business - they are posting here for fun - they would probably make very similar decisions to those RCI has made)

If I ran RCI, I would:

4. Have a southern Caribbean cruise that leaves from Miami instead of Puerto Rico.

I like this one! HAL has an itinerary that leaves from Fort Lauderdale and goes to Aruba and Curacao. I know it CAN be done. It can even make a stop at Bonaire (the HAL route has 3 sea days).

Agreed – or change the name to take away the suite association, or keep the name and include in suite perks.

Yep. To be fair, the pricing of the JS is typically closer to standard balcony cabins than to GS+, so I can understand why they don't want to "give away the farm," so to speak ... but in that case, just call them extra-super-deluxe balcony cabins. Call a suite a suite. ;)

I would also LOVE to have laundry facilities. It makes packing so much simpler, not to mention having an iron for formal night.

Two things:

1) Add the Weather Channel to the TV lineup in the staterooms. Want to see what's going on back home.

2) Open a "REAL, Genuine" Sports bar. Large Screen TV's,surround sound, hot wings, nacho's, etc, etc, I would not even mind paying extra for the food, just to hang out and watch the big game!

(not to forget the bar itself.)

Every Cruise I have been on there is something big going on in the sports world, and not a good venue to watch it with fellow sports enthusiasts.

I think they would make money, unlike the Champagne Bar that I have never seen crowded.

Whoa - why jump all over me?

I thought this was meant to be a fun thread, not a serious one.

And, I did check all of RCI's Caribbean itineraries FOR THE SUMMER (as my original post states), and there is a serious lack of options for 2012. Unfortunately, I cannot cruise when the less boring itineraries are offered.

1. Add an alcoholic beverage package similar to Celebrity's.

2. Allow you to purchase, on board, a bottle of liquor for your cabin.

3. Put a Radiance class ship doing 7-10 day itineraries in the Caribbean all year round, sailing from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

4. Enforce the dress code in the MDR, especially on formal nights.

5. Enforce the no kids in the Solarium policy. Or, have a specified time frame when kids may be in that pool and then keep them out the rest of the time.

Two things:

1) Add the Weather Channel to the TV lineup in the staterooms. Want to see what's going on back home.

2) Open a "REAL, Genuine" Sports bar. Large Screen TV's,surround sound, hot wings, nacho's, etc, etc, I would not even mind paying extra for the food, just to hang out and watch the big game!

(not to forget the bar itself.)

Every Cruise I have been on there is something big going on in the sports world, and not a good venue to watch it with fellow sports enthusiasts.

I think they would make money, unlike the Champagne Bar that I have never seen crowded.

Lovin' option #2. i second that.

I would alter some of the grand suites, take out the bath and replace with a large shower cubicle so that people with mobility problems can have a choice. At the moment we love the grand suites but my Mother struggles with climbing in and out of the bath for a shower. We can't afford the upgrade to an owners suite to get the shower cubicle but as my Mother likes to use the cabin we want more space than a standard balcony cabin - we also love to use the CL. Whilst she is still able to walk around we would not dream of attempting to book a disabled cabin as there are people with greater need than her.

Add new ports of call. put chocolate deserts back in their menus, get back to food quality of 6 years ago, hire more staff onboard, build /have more Radiance class ships in Northern ports.get a more personal feel and have cuisine from areas they visit rather than a generic menu, locally sourced food, get more headliners, stop flogging merchandise and lower the price of drinks a bit, besides wine packages bring on beer packages.

I'd try to figure out a way to cruise the larger ships on 4 stops or greater on 7 night itineraries. The 3 port itineraries are what keep us off the most grand ships. Also, San Juan or Port Canaveral would never be a ports of call, only Ports of Embarkation. :)

I like this one! HAL has an itinerary that leaves from Fort Lauderdale and goes to Aruba and Curacao. I know it CAN be done. It can even make a stop at Bonaire (the HAL route has 3 sea days).

And the HAL itinerary with Aruba and Curacao is a 7 night cruise from Ft. Lauderdale! HAL also offers cruises including Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos...RCI needs to mix it up. Celebrity has a 10 night r.t. Ft. Lauderdale that sails all the way to Barbados (the most eastern Caribbean island), and 14 nt. cruises r.t. from Ft. Lauderdale with wonderful ports- Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. How great not to have to fly to San Juan for these destinations.

I also agree with going back with the previous advertising company! And the Weather Channel, particularly those from cold climates being able to peek in on the bone chilling temps and snowfall back home while in the Caribbean, or seeing the hot humid days they've escaped during an Alaska cruise! :p

Archived