Chocolate Breakfast Menu posted here

Actually for our cruise on the Navigator the chocolate breakfast was another day near the end of the cruise. I can't remember which day but I know it was not the last sea day since that was the day before debarkation and I ate in the Lido that day. All the rest of the time I had eaten in the main dining room with DD and her gluten-free requirements.

I think it was on the 5th morning because I did not get it. I remember thinking at the time I had a big day touring and did not want to fill up on chocolate and burn out too quickly.

But it certainly looked good!!!

The chocolate breakfast is offered on the first morning on the Serenade. I think it depends on the ship. Personally I can't imagine eating chocolate for breakfast......but I was told that the chocolate waffles were pretty good. I may even try them next cruise!

The whole chocolate breakfest is totally over-rated. All they do is pour chocolate syrup on some of the dishes. The kids didn't really like it.

As for the "milkshake". It was just milk/choc syrup/ice, blended up.

More like a chocolate "icee". It was not anything special, also took over 20 min to make....

5 Day Enchantment to Bermuda did not have the chocolate breakfast. We ate in the MDR every morning. One day they had chocolate pancakes, but that was it. I would like to try it, so we'll see on our 7 day Freedom cruise in Oct.

I agree what's the big deal with this particular chocolate breakfast ?

When I hear chocolate breakfast I'm thinking in my head actual chocolate not what appears to be a rather lame imitation of chocolate

Chocolate comes from a plant not a concentrated chemically engineered syrup bottle

I can't see myself even bothering with this breakfast

But each to their own

They should run a specialty chocolate breakfast with chocolate truffles and quality chocolate drinks made with actual chocolate "max brener" style, I'd happily make a booking and pay for the real deal

The food does look good but as far as being advertised as a chocolate breakfast this doesn't even come close. It looks like they just throw some chocolate syrup on the usual items and classify them as chocolate. In college we would get better breakfast on the weekends and they would often include real chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate pancakes, chocolate waffles, and chocolate milk shakes. All of them were brown as they were actually chocolate batter and mixes. Not sure why RCCL doesn't do that, it can't be too much harder to make.

Here is a picture of the chocolate breakfast on the last sea in the main dinging room. I understand that this option is open to all of RCL ships.

Not sure how I can make the menu pic bigger, help!

Thanks a lot for posting the menu and for making it bigger. Sounds like a great breakfast, but the only problem is that I'm hungry now ;)

Cindy

The chocolate breakfast is offered on the first morning on the Serenade. I think it depends on the ship. Personally I can't imagine eating chocolate for breakfast......but I was told that the chocolate waffles were pretty good. I may even try them next cruise!

I had the chocolate waffles with the carmelized bannanas and it was good. The chocolate Milkshake was, well it was just chocolate milk.

So....when is the Chocolate Breakfast actually done? I'm assuming it's at most twice during the cruise. And since I'm mostly going to avoid the MDR for breakfast, it'd be nice to know when exactly.

Ask your waiter, ours reminded us of it at Dinner. I think it was day 6 on Allure.

The whole chocolate breakfest is totally over-rated. All they do is pour chocolate syrup on some of the dishes. The kids didn't really like it.

DISAGREE, THE WAFFLES HAD THE CHOCOLATE IN THE BATTER

As for the "milkshake". It was just milk/choc syrup/ice, blended up.

You got ice? Mine was just cool milk.

More like a chocolate "icee". It was not anything special, also took over 20 min to make....

No more than 10 minutes for us.

Archived