Chocolate Breakfast Menu posted here

Do they have Chocolate Breakfast on Voyager, or only on Allure?

It must be an addition in the past year or so. The menu I posted was from Allure, another was from Freedom. This didn't exist when I was on voyager in 06 or Freedom in 08.

Is there an extra fee for this breakfast?

No. It's just the "special" one morning in the MDR.

It was served on Explorer in Nov 2010. I remember reading about it just about a year ago for the first time, so yes, fairly new.

The chocolate breakfast is offered on the first morning on the Serenade. I think it depends on the ship. Personally I can't imagine eating chocolate for breakfast......but I was told that the chocolate waffles were pretty good. I may even try them next cruise!
I've had chocolate waffles, pancakes (made them), crossants, hot chocolate, and muffins with or for breakfast many times.... They are all well worth trying ... if you like chocolate, you are going to love it at breakfast - you will be converted. :D

• 1 year later...

I was visiting someone who was on the Allure last year when we were and she kept the compasses and we checked all of them and couldn't find anything that mentioned the chocolate breakfast. This time, I will ask the waiter. Have a good weekend everyone.

You know, I've always heard about the chocolate breakfast, and even looked for information about it while on Oasis a couple of months ago -- but never saw anything in the Compass or elsewhere. I actually kind of forgot about it, so I didn't think to ask any of the waiters we had.

But I can certainly endorse the banana pancakes they had in the Windjammer the last day. We didn't eat breakfast often, so I don't know if they had them everyday or just the last day... but they were pretty delish!

Ann

Probably changes since then.....

Do not remember one on the Oasis last year in the MDR

HOWEVER......

We did go to the character breakfast which was loaded with chocolate stuff. There was even chocolate muffins & crossaaints on the table when we first sat down.

We signed up in advance like you do for shows. There was just the 2 of us. We are older.

I made my husband go. :0)

We've always seen the chocolate breakfast late in the cruise -- perhaps the last full day onboard.

No, it is not available through room service on any day.

No, it is not the same thing as the character breakfast.

It is fun because it's something different. We've enjoyed it, though it isn't something we'd want more than once in a week's cruise.

Has anyone actually had the chocolate milkshake? Is it a regular milkshake? do they charge for it?

Had it in May on the Allure. No extra charge. It was on the Dreamworks menu offered during the character breakfast. It was a normal milkshake but too thin to my taste.

Also, had the chocolate waffles which were pretty terrible. Regular waffles with runny chocolate syrup on top. The best food served on the the chocolate breakfast menu were the pastries. Next time, I will order from the regular MDR menu at the character breakfasts and get the chocolate pastries!

Does the Bermuda trip on Explorer have the choc breakfast? Anyone know what day?

Just got off the Explorer on 8/8. We had the chocolate breakfast on 8/7, the last full day of the cruise. I enjoyed the chocolate milkshake and waffles.

Archived