What's the first thing you do when you board?

Mar y Sol

I sail again in December and have been reading all the threads again on a regular basis. There are so many people from across the country and the world that will be sailing in the near future and I was just wondering what is the first thing you do when you board ship?:cool:

We drop our bags off at our cabin (love that Princess lets us do this, unlike some cruise lines that don't release cabins until later in the afternoon), then call for reservations for the Chef's Table, then go eat lunch in the dining room.

We eat a large, late breakfast, so we don't have to do the lunch thing....we head to the pool and get a nice "start of the vacation" drink!

I thought we were the only ones to skip lunch!! Our first two cruises we bellied up to the buffet with the masses, and then realized that is not a fun way to start a cruise!! Now you couldn't force me to stop in the buffet right after embarkation!:D

Now we just like to stand on our balcony and watch all the activity below, or walk around and just enjoy the ship when it's not so crowded.

We normally, if we can drop out bags off in the cabin. Head to lunch and then put our swim suits on and enjoy the pool. I have had some great conversations that way, one gent was from San Diego, we were leaving out of FLL in Jan, I was in the pool he asked about the water temp I said 70 -72 now that is warm for us, we have been swimming in Mass in 65 degree temps, he says he only goes in if it is 80. But it is also the last time for the most part that the pool will be quiet, although I swim at 0600 in the am.

But I will add best thing we every did after boarding was on the two smooth Jazz cruises on Hal (the Westerdam), the musicians were out and about and it was a great time for photos and conversations. That was outstanding

Pete

We drop carry ons off in the cabin, grab the Patter and head immediately to lunch in the dining room. Somewhere along the way we purchase our soda stickers. DH is in line at the designated time to meet with the maitre d' about dinner seating. I sit on the back of the ship enjoying the (hopefully) warm (hopefully) sunny weather and keep an eye on our cabin for luggage delivery while he's doing that. We unpack one at a time (inside cabin) and then walk around the ship until muster. After muster, we climb the 6 decks to our cabin, stow the life vests and then the cruise begins in earnest.

We normally go to the room and drop our bags off and then head to the pool area and find us a table in the smoking section; order a cocktail and get a bit to eat from the grill by the pool. On our upcoming cruise, our routine may change a little since it will be our first balcony cabin. We will probably have to step out on the balcony. We will have already paid for the UBD, so I will sometime have to schedule the day for it. I already know which night we want to do the UBD but I have no idea where I schedule that at.

I already know which night we want to do the UBD but I have no idea where I schedule that at.

Just call the Dine Line when you get to your cabin. The UBD was the best meal I've ever had on a cruise ship! Enjoy!!

We drop off our luggage and then tour the ship to familiarize ourselves with the layout and then head up for the sailaway party. We don't usually get there in time for lunch--maybe one of these days we will.

We head right up the the Horizon Court buffet. We're always one of the first people on the ship, and the buffet is nice and empty. After that, we go to the cabin and drop our backpack off. Then it's out to explore the ship, and grab a slice of cheese pizza from the pizzeria along the way.

We eat a large, late breakfast, so we don't have to do the lunch thing....we head to the pool and get a nice "start of the vacation" drink!

I thought we were the only ones to skip lunch!! Our first two cruises we bellied up to the buffet with the masses, and then realized that is not a fun way to start a cruise!! Now you couldn't force me to stop in the buffet right after embarkation!:D

Now we just like to stand on our balcony and watch all the activity below, or walk around and just enjoy the ship when it's not so crowded.

What the heck is "lunch" ??? LOL:D:)

We also relax and do the "pool & vacation drink" thing along with "people watching". It's fun to watch the look of amazement on peoples' faces when it's their first time on a ship.

Archived