My docs still pending, others on Roll Call are available?

Clay Clayton

So final payment was made in late July, and on NCL.com, online checkin and final payment both say complete and most everyone else on our roll call's edocs have been available for two weeks....but not mine. Any thoughts on why some would be and others arent' yet?

So final payment was made in late July, and on NCL.com, online checkin and final payment both say complete and most everyone else on our roll call's edocs have been available for two weeks....but not mine. Any thoughts on why some would be and others arent' yet?

No clue. Just call NCL and ask them. I always find them to be very helpful.

I suggest calling as well. We had problems (well not us, but others on my roll call last year) of them not showing up. They seem to have a glitch in their system a lot. Some times they will be available and then all of a sudden weeks later, they will not be available. Giving them a quick call, they can look it up and release it if needed. :)

Did you book a GYT cabin, edocs may be held up if they haven't assigned you a cabin yet??? Maybe your getting a big upgrade...:D

I would definitely call and see if there is a problem on their end.

Let us know what you find out....:)

Did you book directly with NCL? If you booked thru a TA, you may be part of a group booking (even if you don't know it) and they don't release those edocs until about 30 days out. If you are getting a bottle of wine and/or OBC from your TA you may be part of a group.

Did you book directly with NCL? If you booked thru a TA, you may be part of a group booking (even if you don't know it) and they don't release those edocs until about 30 days out. If you are getting a bottle of wine and/or OBC from your TA you may be part of a group.

That's not true. I've always booked with a TA and it seems like most of the time I get my edocs before 1/2 the people on my roll call does or those booked directly with the cruise line. So that can't be it. Plus, it's way before 30 days when I get mine. :)

That's not true. I've always booked with a TA and it seems like most of the time I get my edocs before 1/2 the people on my roll call does or those booked directly with the cruise line. So that can't be it. Plus, it's way before 30 days when I get mine. :)

I've had that happen too. If you've booked with a TA and are part of a group booking, your docs are sometimes late. NCL doesn't release the docs until every loose end is tied up.

I just doubled checked on my edocs (didn't want to mislead anyone and I had posted about my edocs back then)...I received mine (booked by a TA) 68 days prior to my cruise date for this sailing.

It doesn't have to do with just whether you booked with a TA. It has to do with whether the TA made you part of a group they have reserved space for on the cruise. The poster who said that you sometimes don't even know you've been made part of a group is correct. If you've always gotten your edocs 60 days or even more prior to the cruise, it likely means you were not folded into a group booking.

Group edocs are commonly not released until about 30 days prior to the cruise.

It doesn't have to do with just whether you booked with a TA. It has to do with whether the TA made you part of a group they have reserved space for on the cruise. The poster who said that you sometimes don't even know you've been made part of a group is correct. If you've always gotten your edocs 60 days or even more prior to the cruise, it likely means you were not folded into a group booking.

Group edocs are commonly not released until about 30 days prior to the cruise.

Just going by what my TA told me (that we got such a good deal because of them booking by a group deal)...so not sure.

Last year, booked with same TA, we got our edocs 40 days prior to sailing (just looked it up). At that time, I spoke to NCL directly and they told me that they release them between 30-45 days prior to the cruise (if booked using them).

Yes it can be it. You obviously were not part of a group booking. I said if they booked with a TA they MAY be part of a group booking. Not every TA booking is a group booking. I have also gotten mine at 72 days while booked with a TA but that time I wasn't part of a group. The one time I was unknowingly part of a group booking, I only found out when I called to find out where my e-docs were and then finally received them at 28 days.

Yes it can be it. You obviously were not part of a group booking. I said if they booked with a TA they MAY be part of a group booking. Not every TA booking is a group booking. I have also gotten mine at 72 days while booked with a TA but that time I wasn't part of a group. The one time I was unknowingly part of a group booking, I only found out when I called to find out where my e-docs were and then finally received them at 28 days.

Please see post above yours. Just going by what I was told by my TA, which is why I posted that. ;)

Please see post above yours. Just going by what I was told by my TA, which is why I posted that. ;)

You posted while I was typing. I'm going by experience. Maybe your TA only does small groups. As you've been told by several people - 30 days is the norm for group edocs. Don't appreciate being called a liar on hearsay.

You posted while I was typing. I'm going by experience. Maybe your TA only does small groups. As you've been told by several people - 30 days is the norm for group edocs. Don't appreciate being called a liar on hearsay.

I am going by my experience as well. I do know my TA does high volume, which is why they can offer such high OBC credits and good deals. I'm offering my advice on MY EXPERIENCE. I'm not calling anyone a liar. It's MY experience of a) what happen to me and b) what I was told by my TA. Don't put words in my mouth that I never said. OP asked for advice (or in my case experience) I gave mine. That's what forums are for. Not everyone has the same experience, not everyone is always correct. I'm done. Unsubscribed. Argue with someone else. :rolleyes:

Just going by what my TA told me (that we got such a good deal because of them booking by a group deal)...so not sure.

Last year, booked with same TA, we got our edocs 40 days prior to sailing (just looked it up). At that time, I spoke to NCL directly and they told me that they release them between 30-45 days prior to the cruise (if booked using them).

Which is exactly what I said...if you're part of a group edocs are typically issued about 30 days prior to sailing, not about 60 days as is done with individual bookings.

FYI...I used to own a travel agency, so I'm not making this stuff up just to blow smoke.

I am going by my experience as well. I do know my TA does high volume, which is why they can offer such high OBC credits and good deals. I'm offering my advice on MY EXPERIENCE. I'm not calling anyone a liar. It's MY experience of a) what happen to me and b) what I was told by my TA. Don't put words in my mouth that I never said. OP asked for advice (or in my case experience) I gave mine. That's what forums are for. Not everyone has the same experience, not everyone is always correct. I'm done. Unsubscribed. Argue with someone else. :rolleyes:

I didn't put words into your mouth. I'm done too.:rolleyes:

Just because you book with a TA doesn't automatically mean you are in a group, but the point is that you COULD be and not know it and that that could cause a delay. (No reason to accuse someone of telling a falsehood.) My Bermuda cruise in 2009, I didn't know I had been part of a group until I returned and thanked my TA for the extras - even more than he usually gives. That's when he told me he put me in a group so I could take advantage of those extras. Otherwise, I never would have known.

Clay, did you book through NCL or with another agency? Have you called either to find out? I would be worried that if booked through a different agency that they may not have made final payment though you did. Update us when you get a chance.

Clay, did you book through NCL or with another agency? Have you called either to find out? I would be worried that if booked through a different agency that they may not have made final payment though you did. Update us when you get a chance.

He does say in his original post that NCL shows his online registration and payments are complete, it's just the edocs that are pending.

Clay, You should call whoever you booked with and find out what the delay is for your edocs. Since you have less than 60 days until you sail, unless you are part of a group, they should be ready. Please let us know how you make out. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

Phew...didn't mean to start such a contentious thread!

I will give NCL a call tomorrow and see what the deal is....stay tuned, but be nice!

Not your fault! Sorry for my part in it. :o Good luck tomorrow.

Archived