Officers/Crew/Staff..........

sail7seas

I've seen many threads discussing stewards' wages as some pax consider that as it may influence their tipping decisions, but can't remember ever seeing one asking Officers and Staff salaries.

I also have never seen a thread re salaries of the officers. I saw the thread about John Heald and questions about his salary over on the carnival board but did not read it all. He is senior CD for carnival and is very visible with his blog and being on Facebook. I personally think he takes a lot of abuse:(

I just hope they all make a lot of money, the captains and officers.....awesome jobs but I would think pretty high stress:eek:

Well, if you want to know where they are, I got the schedule...

Really? thanks - could you share the Prinsendam for November 7th? thanks:D how in heavens name does one get these things:confused:

I think it's just normal curiosity. I'm sure many feel being of the captain of a large ship is like a dream job (with incredible responsibilities) and are just curious what a job like that would pay. Most people don't have that sense of awe when they encounter the hostess at Applebees:rolleyes: I don't think that it's rude to wonder in general what they make.

Most people are curious about other people and their lives. Those of us who cruise cannot picture actually living on a cruise ship. What the salary is, is part of that info. Why do you think Parade Magazine does it's "What People Earn" issue? It gives us an idea. Maybe Parade should consider including Cruise Ship Personnel in one of their issues?

Referring to the OP question, I agree with many that it's just normal curiousity and I think being interested in the salary scale in any given profession is very interesting.

I can understand someone being offended if asked directly what they make; that's just rude. Heck, I know people who don't want to be asked what they do, never mind how much they make doing it:). But a salary range in a profession? Perfectly normal. I love the issue of Parade with all the salaries; I'm always fascinated to see how much money some people make in professions that I would think would pay much more or less depending.

Funny I never wondered about Officers salaries onboard ship because "room and board" is included and that changes the entire picture. Like a few others, with the exception of certain entertainers I don't care who's on board when I cruise much less what they make. As long as I'm treated well and the ship doesn't sink that's enough for me:D.

All that said, this is the first time I have ever seen the question raised about Captains or Hotel Managers. For tipping purposes, many have talked about the crew salaries for understandable reasons. But on this board where I have been roving for many years, I have never seen the question raised about Officer's salaries.

LOL!

Try being a member of the clergy!

People demand they know everything about you, from your salary to your shoe size and what you ate for dinner a week ago last Tuesday! :D

But, I agree ... some of the demands on this board for information about ship's officers are just ridiculous. Personally, I'm happy to trust that the ship's officers are highly trained, competent, and superb at their jobs. At least, in my experience they have been.

AMEN on all counts, Rev. Greg Neal. I remember when I was first ordained some CCW women wanted to get to know my sister so they could "find out all about you." I kept my sister far from that assingment and the one time she was there, they were not around.

I agree they want to know very personal stuff about the ships officers and it is none of their business. But they are the minority, most people who post on this board are classy people.

I'll bet they're still making regular rent or mortgage payments on their permanent home while working on the ship. :)

Indeed, they have to maintain homes for themselves and families. Very few do not have 'real' homes though I can think of one Officer off the top of my head who had no permanent residence.

Cpt: Edward van Zaane

HM: Mark Zeller

Chf Off: Jochem Bakker, till 12/18 then Arno Jutten

Chf Eng:Wubbertus Kiers

Sir PMP,

Seems like you're the man to ask:

Volendam - December/January

Is this info readily available to the public?

Thanks,

Really? thanks - could you share the Prinsendam for November 7th? thanks:D how in heavens name does one get these things:confused:

Cpt: Halle Thon Gundersen

HM: Craig Oakes

Cf off: Ane Jan Smit

CF Eng:Albert Nijssen, followed by Jakob Wisse on Nov 10

Your TA should be able to get it for from HAL

Sir PMP,

Seems like you're the man to ask:

Volendam - December/January

Is this info readily available to the public?

Thanks,

Cpt: Peter Bos

HM: Rene Tuinman

CF Off:Colin Ryan

CF Eng:Josef Cornelis Holtzer

Your TA should be able to get it from HAL

cpt: Halle thon gundersen

hm: Craig oakes

cf off: Ane jan smit

cf eng:albert nijssen, followed by jakob wisse on nov 10

your ta should be able to get it for from hal

awesome - thank you so very, very much::):D

LOL!

Try being a member of the clergy!

People demand they know everything about you, from your salary to your shoe size and what you ate for dinner a week ago last Tuesday! :D

But, I agree ... some of the demands on this board for information about ship's officers are just ridiculous. Personally, I'm happy to trust that the ship's officers are highly trained, competent, and superb at their jobs. At least, in my experience they have been.

What is your shoe size??

Cpt: Peter Bos

HM: Rene Tuinman

CF Off:Colin Ryan

CF Eng:Josef Cornelis Holtzer

Your TA should be able to get it from HAL

Thanks. We were hoping Capt Bos would still be on board. We know he likes to cruise 'down under'. We had quite a few conversations with him last year on board.:)

Sir PMP, you are a fountain of knowledge. Can you tell me who the captain and staff will be on the Maasdam's Atlantic Adventure departing on October 28th. Thanks.

I'm not Sir PMP, obviously, but........

Captain Henk Draper is scheduled. :)

I would appreciate if you could tell me the Noordams Captain, Chief Officer, Hotel Manager and CD on the Oct 25th TransAtlantic and the Nov 11th, 21 night Caribbean Collectors' voyage from Ft Lauderdale. We sailed Noordam in Jan 6 of 2007 from New York. Captain John Scott and all his crew made the 11 night Southern Caribbean trip most enjoyable. I realize it is always subject to change.

Many thanks!

I would appreciate if you could tell me the Noordams Captain, Chief Officer, Hotel Manager and CD on the Oct 25th TransAtlantic and the Nov 11th, 21 night Caribbean Collectors' voyage from Ft Lauderdale. We sailed Noordam in Jan 6 of 2007 from New York. Captain John Scott and all his crew made the 11 night Southern Caribbean trip most enjoyable. I realize it is always subject to change.

Many thanks!

We also were on that cruise. :) There was a very large CC Roll Call.

I think Captain Scott well could be your Captain on November 11 Noordam cruise.

Sir PMP, you are a fountain of knowledge. Can you tell me who the captain and staff will be on the Maasdam's Atlantic Adventure departing on October 28th. Thanks.

Cpt: Hendrik Bernard Draper

HM:Robert Versteeg

CF OFF:Nicholas Sunderland

CF Eng:Julius Gehrman

Many thanks!

Cpt:John Scott (til 12/02)

HM:Mark Pells

CF OFF:Eric van der Wal

CF Eng:John Hughes/ from 11/21 Peter Pals

Archived