What is your favorite thing to do on a sea day?

Loralie

I love when this type of thread comes up! And I get really good ideas from others.

Out of a handful of things I like to do my absolute favorite is on deck 4 at the rail watching the ocean swells smack the side of the ship (it's usually better towards the front). :)

1) DH: Checks our on-board account, over, and over and over again.

2) DH: Walks the decks, again and again.

3) DH: Checks our on-board account ....again

4) DH: Walks the decks....again

5) DH: "Did I check I check our on-board account"?

6) DW: " Yes.... 16 times"

7) DH: "Are you sure"?

8) DW: "Yes.... I'm sure"

9) DH: "Are you sure"???

10) SPLASH!!!

11) DW: (whispers..) ...."Man overboard...." :)

NOTHING!!!!!!!:)

Sleep Late

Sit on balcony and take in the ocean

Long hot shower and get dressed

Head to Windjammer. Grab late breakfast.

Head to room grab a book, shades, sunblock.

Find a lounger in the Solarium. Park it for the day.

Read, people watch, eat, drink, nap, repeat. Read, people watch, eat, drink, nap, repeat. Bathroom break. Read, people watch, eat, drink, nap, repeat. Read, people watch, eat, drink, nap, repeat.

I enjoy sea days more than DH, I think. I enjoy sleeping late and when I finally do decide to get up, head to the gym then grab a bite to eat after I've showered. He's usually up on the Lido/pool deck by that time and already has a chair saved for me. The rest of the day is spent lounging by the pool and just enjoying the sounds of a cruise.

Wish I was there now! :cool:

Does RCI have free soft serve and frozen yogurt like Carnival? I think that's one of my favorite things about cruising. :rolleyes:

I think every ship I have been on has soft serve [i think it is all yogurt]available. However, I think some of them are in the Windjammer [Radiance class comes to mind] so you are limited by the WJ hours.

Even though I would love to sleep in, I wake up early excited to be on board. So, I go grab a cup of coffee and a danish and watch the chair sharks circle around the pool.:D The rest of the day is spent just going with the flow.

I love the relaxing of not having to be anywheres at a particular time. Sea days are so relaxing. It can be hard to get a chair by the water but the top deck has a great breeze and great bar service. Nothing like sitting in the sun listening to the music play from the pool and having someone bring me an ice cold drink :)

Get up early, Hit the windjammer for breakfast, head to the pool deck and get a good seat close to the pool and band, make friends with one of the bar waiters and have a constant flow of coronas headed my way, eat lunch, return to pool chair and more coronas! Then finally can't forget dinner

Not a huge fan of sea days. I really enjoy sailing but I enjoy the stops more. On sea days I'll sleep in, grab breakfast in the dining room because we have more time. I may even do lunch in the dining room too. Then I'll get some sun maybe a drink or two and perhaps a couple games of blackjack. Mostly I'll wander all over the place taking tons of pictures waiting for the next port day.

Sleep in a bit. Sit on the Balcony with my wife listening to the sounds of the ship going through the ocean. Going to a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room. (So much better than the breakfast buffet in the Wind Jammer) Going to trivia in the Schooner Bar. I like the cooking demonstrations that they sometimes do on at sea days. Hang out by the pool and read. Take a nap. Dinner and shows. That is a full day.

Sleep in a bit. Sit on the Balcony with my wife listening to the sounds of the ship going through the ocean. Going to a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room. (So much better than the breakfast buffet in the Wind Jammer) Going to trivia in the Schooner Bar. I like the cooking demonstrations that they sometimes do on at sea days. Hang out by the pool and read. Take a nap. Dinner and shows. That is a full day.

Off topic warning. Is "SGM Arty" a rank and branch abbrevition?

Long walks around Deck 4, shuffleboard games with new friends, trivia, listening to music and watching the waves, circling Cuba (when will we ever get to visit there?), reading that new bestseller, participating in the charity walk (Make a Wish/Komen Cancer), sitting at the pool bar and watching the sun set as the crowds die down.

I can sleep at home. I don't want to miss a minute of the cruising experience.

1) DH: Checks our on-board account, over, and over and over again.

2) DH: Walks the decks, again and again.

3) DH: Checks our on-board account ....again

4) DH: Walks the decks....again

5) DH: "Did I check I check our on-board account"?

6) DW: " Yes.... 16 times"

7) DH: "Are you sure"?

8) DW: "Yes.... I'm sure"

9) DH: "Are you sure"???

10) SPLASH!!!

11) DW: (whispers..) ...."Man overboard...." :)

Thank you! I feel so much better now because I thought it was only my husband that does that all cruise!! :p

Him: are we still on budget?

Me: yes, we are still on budget?

Him: let me check to make sure we are not billed twice.

Me: you just logged out. I'm sure the balance is still the same.

Him: I just want to take one more look before we leave cabin.

Me: Let's go we still have plenty of money to spend and we are still on budget.

Him: OK, we can go but, can we stop at the CS desk and get a print out?

Me: Honey, its only day one on the ship.........!!!!! :o

Sea days I love the trivia games and hanging out at pool with band playing Caribbean music.:D

Quiz to show how thick i am.

Also clothes streaching as sea air seems to make then shrink

Mainly sleeping because of all the unfamilar exercise and early start done at the previous port.

Credit card/wallet hunting as it wants to go home

j

Eat, Relax, Read, Swim, Post on my live thread...

Repeat :D

Good one Trainman,,and I totally agree:D:D.. But I don't post live threads from the ship,,by the way when are you going on the Freedom this month,,anxious to read your reports as we will be sailing her again in Jan.2012...

Archived