watches.Tag Heuer..which port is best?

MTL=CRUISEFAMILY

I would suggest you shop around where you live to establish a base price to compare with. You may find the Caribbean prices are no better.

Scott & Karen

Agree, the only difference in price I've seen, and you need to purchase only at an authorized dealer, is no tax.

Also check eBay

There are so many fakes on eBay, I recommend you avoid this option.

Before you buy a name brand watch, ask at a local dealer where it can be serviced, and what it will cost. I have several small Tag watches that were not terribly expensive - less than $200 years ago. And the second time I had to have the battery replaced on one, it needed other repairs that were more costly than the watch was originally...EM

I purchased mine 2 years ago at the downtown, Little Switzerland store in St. Thomas, they will negotiate albeit there is a floor that they won't go below.....so be sure of your prices.

Do you feel you got a better price than back home?

I have started price checking for the particular watch, so I will be able to assess if the price is better...

I have started price checking for the particular watch, so I will be able to assess if the price is better...

That is the best thing to do. Also, as a few of us have mentioned, make sure that the places you look while on your trip are authorized retailers.

Do you feel you got a better price than back home?

Yes I did, I saved at least the duty and the tax and then some. I haven't seen a price as low as I got mine for....except on line and then you have no idea if its legitimate or not. In my case I pushed the price down to the point that Tag wouldn't let them go lower and he threw in an inexpensive string of pearls....DGD will like them someday.

I treated myself to a good watch on our last Asia cruise. I shopped in Beijing, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore and much to my surprize the best price I could find by a hundred bucks was right on the Diamond Princess. I surfed the internet to compare prices and the ship still had the best deal. Maybe I just got lucky because past experiences have shown ships prices to be higher although some will match advertized prices.

I have found better prices from reputable dealers/sellers on eBay, or other online retailers. If you really know your prices, they are no better in the Caribbean. I was looking to replace an Ebel in January, and the prices were higher than in the U.S., so I waiting until I returned and purchased one from an Ebel retailer in New York.

Yes I did, I saved at least the duty and the tax and then some. I haven't seen a price as low as I got mine for....except on line and then you have no idea if its legitimate or not. In my case I pushed the price down to the point that Tag wouldn't let them go lower and he threw in an inexpensive string of pearls....DGD will like them someday.

Wow; impressive to keep it under the $800 duty free limit. Over than and you would have paid all taxes and duties bringing it into Canada.

• 2 months later...
Looking to purchase a Tag for my wife on our February cruise, and wondering which port and shops will I have the best luck in getting a good deal..

Thanks in advance!

Here are the ports:

Barbados

Antigua

St Maarten

Curacao

Aruba

St Thomas

Grenada

St Lucia

St Maarten definitely the cheapest duty free island for liquor, watches and jewelry.If you are on Celebrity, the ship has a Tag boutique. Check their prices before shopping on land. They should match or beat. BUT make sure you have a picture of the item as they mat not carry the exact same item. (Looks the same but could be older or newer)

Archived