Breakaway to your Getaway...

RYMOMA

I don't care for the names at all. These names have no hint of prestige or luxury. I don't think in conversation these names even convey a sense of being innovative. Example: "Hi Jennifer - do you and your husband want to go on the Breakaway with us?" Sorry to offend - but it just sounds dumb.

I agree I don't like the names, but want to point out they weren't looking for names that reflected "prestige or luxury." What they stated in this press release was exactly what they asked for in the contest: "best reflected the innovation of the brand along with the freedom and flexibility of the line's signature Freestyle Cruising and invoked the feeling that these ships will provide a "break" at sea from the stress of everyday life."

OK - now we have names please tell us where they are going !

Exactly! The names don't mean a whole lot to me. Kind of like the ugly exterior shape of the EPIC didn't matter to me in the grand scheme of things. It's the onboard offerings and the itineraries that matter to me! The ships could be called the Brussel Sprout and the Justin Beiber and it wouldn't impact my choice of ships.

I don't care for the names at all. These names have no hint of prestige or luxury. I don't think in conversation these names even convey a sense of being innovative. Example: "Hi Jennifer - do you and your husband want to go on the Breakaway with us?" Sorry to offend - but it just sounds dumb.

Or ... while in a foreign port with a bunch of other ships ...

"What ship are you on?"

"Ahhh .. the Breakaway ..." :o:eek:

Not a fan of the names either. I wonder if an employee for another cruise line was working undercover for NCL to come up with these two as the finalists. I would have preferred Escape, Journey, or Bliss (the other 3 finalists). At any rate, all the other cruise lines will poke fun, and can you blame them? NCL Break-apart and NCL Get-Away. Maybe the creativity department of NCL didn't think that far. A cruise ship with Break in it? Not ideal.

Exactly! The names don't mean a whole lot to me. Kind of like the ugly exterior shape of the EPIC didn't matter to me in the grand scheme of things. It's the onboard offerings and the itineraries that matter to me! The ships could be called the Brussel Sprout and the Justin Beiber and it wouldn't impact my choice of ships.

Love it! They don't seem to go along with Epic either in my opinion.

Yuck.

Breakaway. A British candy bar. A song by Kelly Clarkson. An exciting play in hockey. A cookie. None of these make me think of a luxurious cruise.

Getaway sounds like a cheapie weekend offered by a timeshare company when you get suckered into doing the tour.

I say again, YUCK!

Names don't mean a thing except it is a mouthful to say. I think NCL screwed up on this one - not the plans of the ships - but they could have done better at picking names or coming up with something on their own.

That's just it, they (NCL) probably already had them named and the first person to send in that name was the automatic winner! :eek:

OK, quiz time everybody!

Why nid NCL name the new ships Breakaway and Getaway?

Multiple choice here:

a) Kevin Sheehan was away on summer vacation.

b) the cool names like Titanic and Bismarck have already been used.

c) NCL brought back Colin Vietch!

d) Somebody is just on drugs.

Let's have your choice! :D

That's easy: :rolleyes: a-b-c-d

I'm just waiting for the ship's christening: "May all who sail on this ship...." (as it -breaks apart- and -gets away- from the dock)

OK, quiz time everybody!

Why nid NCL name the new ships Breakwaway and Getaway?

Multiple choice here:

OK, quiz time everybody!

Why nid NCL name the new ships Breakwaway and Getaway?

Multiple choice here:

E) All of the above .

Kevins on vaction , Colins on drugs and wants to be called the Bismark.. Final answer.

Archived