Breakaway to your Getaway...

RYMOMA

That's just it, they (NCL) probably already had them named and the first person to send in that name was the automatic winner! :eek:

If this is true about already having the names, (that's what I really believe too) speaking for myself... I don't like the names but would have taken the names a lot better if they had not had the contest. I think some of the disappointment comes from the wasted time in submitting names for the contest thinking what they wanted was names more creative, and original. If prices are what I can afford, I will be sailing regardless of what the names are. But it would be nice... if there is a negative reaction for the names and rates go down very low... well.. aleast for a studio :D. That would definitely make up for my disappointment....

The names "Dumb" and "Dumber" must have already been taken.

I had to laugh at this!! Dont like either one of the names. Im sorry but Breakaway just doesnt sound safe to me. Anything with the word break in it just brings on weird thoughts. Dont think I will ever sail on that one. Yes Im one of those who wont go on the ship because of the name. Would you go on it if it was called Titanic?????? So whats happens when something on it breaks? Do they say its brokeaway? Who ever came up with these names needs to be fired!!! Now!!!!!!

Maybe they want to have Kelly Clarkson to be godmother of the Breakaway so she can sing her song by the same name at the christening ceremony. Or maybe they're hoping she'll perform onboard the inaugural sailing.

If they add a third ship to this class, they can give it the name of another one of her other songs: "Walk Away"!

I can see the reviews now "wished to breakaway from that ship...." "so miserable we were planning our getaway at the next port....." Now Bliss - that is a name. But I like the look of the ships and now I want to know: WHERE ARE WE GOING?????

Looks like I am buying two cruise rewards on my next cruise:o

The negative reviews - I couldn't getaway from the nickel and diming..

I do hope that NCL PR are reading this thread and wonder what customer surveys they did on these names?

Still as others have said wont stop me sailing on them provided I can get a studio cabin booked early enough!!

Maybe they want to have Kelly Clarkson to be godmother of the Breakaway so she can sing her song by the same name at the christening ceremony. Or maybe they're hoping she'll perform onboard the inaugural sailing.

If they add a third ship to this class, they can give it the name of another one of her other songs: "Walk Away"!

They have a whole list of "away" names to use like the old ward in every name. Seaward, Windward, Sunward, Southward, Dreamward....

MS GoAway

MS RunAway

MS GotAway

MS TakeAway

And the flagship MS Anyway

:D:D:D:D

Norwegian Breakaway:

Favourite songs:???

Achy Breaky Heart

Heart Break Hotel

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Definite No's - No's ???

Break Fast

Break Even

Breakable

Break a leg

Break the bank

Break Bread

Norwegian Getaway

"Captain": Where is the Bridge? ----------> Thataway

"Captain": Where ls 'Thataway"? "GETAWAY"!

"Captain": Can you give me "Break"? Wrong ship!

I do agree it is what is inside that counts. The name would never keep me from boarding. But I agree with the consensus here on CC. These are the worst names ever and think it is funny.

Picture it

2 families come back from a cruise. We were on the Dream oh yeah. Well we were on the Getaway. LOL

At least the passengers who have a negative experience on the ships have lots of puns to use on their review. "I could not getaway fast enough from the getaway" "We had to breakaway from the breakaway in a hurry."

But seriously folks. These are not even proper words unless the spell it Get away

Ok, I will GO AWAY NOW

CONGRATS to the winners ;)

I guess the same people at NCL that picked these names also came up with the shower curtain and sink in the bedroom idea LOL

Seriously folks, these names are for a boat on a river holding 60 people and not for a luxury line like NCL.

I know how Donald Trump would handle the media consultant with NCL "YOU'RE FIRED"

There were many other names submitted to the contest that would have been a better fit. Not a big fan of either of the chosen names. Congratulations to the contest winners! As many other posters have indicated they too are not thrilled with the new chosen names. Makes you think who voted for these names as it was my opinion they were chosen via the popular vote.

So.....the next new build name in that class will be CASTAWAY ???

....anchors aweigh

....Have A Great Day

....Make My Day

But enough of that, what will the hull art look like for those nebulous ship names? Things breaking off the main picture? Gangster cars with 'motion lines' to give the impression of fast movement?

Dear Cruise Critic members,

We are sorry that you are disappointed with the names for our new ships. We want you to know that we are really excited about our new ship names and we had hoped that you would be too.

We thank everyone who entered the contest for their time and for their suggestions. There were a lot of names that have been used by competitors and we did not want to use those. We wanted original names that defined our new class of ships. We thank Kim Powell and Dennis Hultman for suggesting these names. If you haven't seen it, check out Kim's post on our Facebook page.

Norwegian Cruise Line has always been an innovator and these ships are unlike any other in the industry; therefore we chose names that were unlike any other ship names out there. We really felt these names embodied the unique aspects of these ships. As more details about the ships are revealed, we hope you will see how fitting these names are.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Dear Cruise Critic members,

We are sorry that you are disappointed with the names for our new ships. We want you to know that we are really excited about our new ship names and we had hoped that you would be too.

We thank everyone who entered the contest for their time and for their suggestions. There were a lot of names that have been used by competitors and we did not want to use those. We wanted original names that defined our new class of ships. We thank Kim Powell and Dennis Hultman for suggesting these names. If you haven't seen it, check out Kim's post on our Facebook page.

Norwegian Cruise Line has always been an innovator and these ships are unlike any other in the industry; therefore we chose names that were unlike any other ship names out there. We really felt these names embodied the unique aspects of these ships. As more details about the ships are revealed, we hope you will see how fitting these names are.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Please tell me the Getaway has a Bonnie & Clyde themed restaurant....and the Breakaway has a Hockey themed activities area.

Please...and all will be forgiven.

I must admit that while I love the new ship designs, the names are more than a little disappointing. Is NCL aiming to be the laughing stock of the cruise industry? They haven't lived down the "top hat" jokes yet, now this? I'm a HUGE fan of the NCL product but I really think they sold themselves short with these names.

Archived