LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

An excellent Dinner in the MDR tonight!

Here is our table...

DSCN3316.jpg

The young woman in the center, on my left, is Ally. I had her as a student in my Junior High School Science Class 26 years ago (I think). We have kept in touch over the years. The couple to her right is her parents.

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

I had the Prime Rib. One of my favorites!

DSCN3329.jpg

I also order the Aloo-Gobi Methi which was really spicy but very good.

DSCN3328.jpg

Before Dinner we stopped by the Concierge Lounge for a Quickie!

The place was packed with Adults! We were lucky to get two seats! There were no kids at all!

DSCN3313-1.jpg

Here is Judith with Raz who is in a loft suite and has invited us up for a tour and photo study tomorrow.

DSCN3314.jpg

Random sail away photos...

DSCN3297.jpg

DSCN3305.jpg

DSCN3300.jpg

DSCN3311-1.jpg

We were on the Sept 10th sailing too, and saw the coastguard chase that one boat away as we sailed off. There was a crew member watching with us up on the flowrider deck and he said that in all the time he'd been on the ship, that was the first time he'd ever seen the coastguard make such an effort to get a small boat away from the ship. Great shots!

Here is a photo looking forward from out balcony. We are in cabin 7236 on the port side right in the middle of the rear hump!

DSCN3290.jpg

What a great view! THANKS for the Preview! Next year on Allure, we will be in this exact same cabin position - just on the opposite side of the ship. .... On the deck plans, I've always noticed the bent corner of our balcony - so I recognized it right away! LOL!:D (The life boat is directly below you, right? From what I've gathered, that particular cabin is right at the edge of the lifeboat, rather than above the clearing between the boats. Right? Could you post a "straight down to the water" picture? Thanks.)

PS: now we know where you were during sailaway. We watched the webcam and thought of you guys, but they focused most of the time on a couple with their 'just married' sign on the top deck, and then some people with flags on the back. So with all the time spent on closeups, we didn't see the vast expanse of rooms and wavers go by, so there was no way to see you guys out on your balcony as the hump went by. :( Glad you're having a good time.

Here is a photo looking aft along our hall way toward the elevator lobby which is the second green sign on the ceiling. I prefer being closer to the elevators but since RCI was nice enough to upgrade me to a Junior Suite I will not complain,

DSCN3335.jpg

If you think that the long bar at hand height on the left in the above photo is a hand rail, you are wrong!

It is a special holder designed to hold your coffee mug while you unlock your cabin door! :D

DSCN3341.jpg

Trainman,

Congratulations to you and Judith. Enjoy your cruise and your visit from the upgrade fairy (nice wedding gift). I am really happy to see you are cruising (and posting) this week because we have two weeks left before our Allure trip and the DW and I are ready to explode.

Enjoy your trip.

Rich

Important Info on the Cabin Air Conditioning System

When we arrived in the cabin yesterday the thermostat was set in the middle between cold and hot.

I immediately reset it all of the way into the blue to the "Frozen Stiff" setting.

3 hours later, the room was still hot! :eek:

So I called Maintenance and had a nice long chat with a young lady there.

She was able to check my cabin system remotely on her computer as we spoke. She told me that last weeks occupants had slept with the door to the balcony open every night and that they had left their thermostat set on medium.

Two things must happen for your A/C to work.

- The Master Switch in the room must be "ON"!

- The door to the balcony must be fully closed!

Fully closed means the latch must be shut completely and in the "Straight Down" position!

She told me that our door was not fully latched and I looked across the room and said "Sure it is!" and she said "Nope, go check it!" I Did and it moved maybe 1/8" and when I picked up the phone she told me it is closed now.

The lessoned learned yesterday was if we don't have the door to the balcony completely closed we won't have any A/C!

DSCN3314.jpg

Yay.....you met my cruise buddy, Rev. (It's not Raz.....but Rev)

Can't wait to see all of your pictures of the Royal Sky Loft......you will love it! She's had that before, but didn't take many pictures. I know you will get some good ones. Say hello to Rev for me!

Y'all have a good day!

Archived