LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Trainman ~ It is always wonderful to follow your live posts for a week! Thanks for taking us along with you again!!

What is Judith's thoughts so far on the comparison between Freedom and Oasis?

Had you known before boarding that you had been upgraded to a Junior Suite?

What a treat!!!! Enjoy!!!! --- are you still on deck 6 (I think that's the deck I read earlier you were on) where you wanted to be?

Sometimes when I meet CC Members it is sort of embarassing. Several cruises ago one lady told Carol and Me the she "felt she was in the presence of royality."

I gues I hav sort o fmade a neme for myself on the boards but, for me, it is something I really enjoy doing.

Come on by and say "Hi" anytime.

I am just a reguler cruiser like everyone else, eaving a great time doing what I like to do.

Would love to come by and say, but your never on the same cruise as me:eek:..Do enjoy your posts, and more so when I know we have one coming up in Jan.2012,,,Really got to know when you had the ceremony for Carol aboard the Freedom...

Have a great cruise and say hi to Judith:D:D

Why aren't you on the thread for the Oct 1 cruise? It's a real friendly group of folks.

Jim, thanks for being you. Wish Jon & I were sailing with you again because we would love to meet Judith, but our timing wasn't quite right it seems. But you will be our eyes and ears for this sailing and we can't wait to hear what they say about the cane. Jon is using one now and will also have a scooter waiting for him in the cabin so he can get around the big ship. I know you will do an excellant job of keeping us all informed but if we have any questions, we'll yell. Weather looks good and the seas should be pretty calm. Good sailing my friend!

Ruthie and Jon-Great to hear you are on board for Trainman and Judith's cruise. Hope all is well with you both! Dawn is also following his thread.

What a hoot!!

Diane and Joe

I always wonder if Royal Caribbean knows who the screen names in cruise critic really are. Maybe they are trying to sweeten up your review :) Enjoy the awesome JS!

They do. When you register for a Meet and Mingle, they have your screen name and your real ID. Trainman and Radio have brought so much to others RCC should upgrade them to the Royal Suite.

Yeap, we're here and doing pretty well. Been one heck of a year for Jon but with the Dr's blessings we are heading off on the Oasis in 2 weeks then 10 weeks later on the Voyager. Hope all is well with you and Mike. Plus I hope you're still above water! You all have been hit hard out there this summer and we would give anything for some rain though we aren't as bad as TX yet. But for now we're going to live an extra week on the Oasis through Jim and Judith and forget about home for awhile.

We are well and we are fine though all around us got hit really bad. Its still raining would love to send you some! Have great cruises! We are on the Explorer in Nov.

ZOWIE! SHAZAM! WHOOPEE!

In case you have been wondering where the "Upgrade Fairy" was, she was hovering over us because we were upgraded to a Junior Suite!

Judith is in Heaven!

That's wonderful for you both. And Jon & I are enjoy the pix of the cabin too. That's what we'll have on deck 6 and we have seen the rendering that they have but it ain't like seeing the real thing. THANKS A MILLION!!! :D Now I am REALLY excited about seeing our cabin.

I forgot to mention eariler...

No problems going through security! They did not take my cane away from me.

My carry on bag was pulled aside to be checked. I had 24 cans of Diet right soda in it and I guess they looked funny through the X-Ray machine. A nice lady checked it and said no problem with a big smile.

My CPAP came through "OK" with an extension cord and a 3-way plug in it.

Sail Away was nice!

The local Sheriff and the Coast Guard were protecting us and running off any small boats that looked like they were getting too close or would be in the way.

DSCN3308.jpg

DSCN3286.jpg

It is the first sail away that I have ever seen the Coast Guard with their M-60 Machine Gun mounted up forward.

Archived