LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

SOOOO happy for you, Jim and Judith!

Have a wonderful cruise! You really have groupies here on CC. How long do you think it will take the medical association to put a name on our obsession?

I will be embarking when you debark! So excited.

Jim, can you give me the lowdown on where you can smoke at ....bars, etc on the ship?

WOO HOO its "Trainman week"

THANKS~~~~Kathie

Trainman-2 and Judith have a wonderful cruise. I now have something to look forward to each day I just love your live posts. I have a deck 6 cabin booked on Allure for 2013 I now know I made the right decision after making about 4 changes:o. Again have a great cruise and thanks!

Here is the Judith-Mobile packed and ready to leave West Palm Beach.

DSCN3213.jpg

We had an easy drive to the port although we did drive through two heavy storms on the way.

We arrived at the port about 10 am and were checked in by 10:20 and then waited until 11:20 to board.

"After lunch we went up to the Pool Par to hang out with the (UGH, POOH) "Evil Smokers!"

DSCN3243.jpg

Here we are with Katie and her Husband.

When we first asked if we could join them they were reluctant and then said "We are Smokers" and I said "We Are Too!" so we sat down and started smoking and joking and talking.

It turned out that Katie is a big Cruise Critic participant and she got to talking about Radio and Trainman and their wonderful live posts.

I told her that I was "Trainman" and she didn't believe me. I ended up giving her one of my business cards with "trainman" as part of my email address. Anyway, we became good friends and "Talked Ship" until just after 1 pm when it was time to head for our cabins.

Sometimes when I meet CC Members it is sort of embarassing. Several cruises ago one lady told Carol and Me the she "felt she was in the presence of royality."

I gues I hav sort o fmade a neme for myself on the boards but, for me, it is something I really enjoy doing.

Come on by and say "Hi" anytime.

I am just a reguler cruiser like everyone else, eaving a great time doing what I like to do.

I am enjoying cruising with you on this thread. We will be on Allure next year and I am getting my 'big ship' fix through you.

I would love a JS but they only have tubs not showers in the bath. DH would take a week to get in and out of the tub and that would be the end of the cruise already. Sure wish they would not put tubs in the suites, especially for us older cruisers and the disabled like DH.

Looking forward to the next installment.

I am posting this afternoon from the lovely and inexpensive Red Room Inn on 45th Street, just off I-95, in West Palm Beach, FL.

We had a leisurely 4 hour drive from our home in Palm Coast, FL.

There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant across the parking lot from the Hotel where we will dine in style tonight and tomorrow morning.

We will leave the Hotel about 9 am Saturday morning for the 1 hour drive to the port. Arriving there at 10 am should give us a choice of parking spots close to the terminal.

We should be checked in by 11 am.

The last time I sailed on the Oasis they started boarding at about 11:15.

We get to board first because we will both be using walkers but the ramps are wide and we keep to the right and allow the younger and more fit cruisers to wiz right on by us.

Our priority will be the Roast Beef Sandwiches at the Park Grille in Central Park which opens at Noon.

This will be Judith's first time on the Oasis. She was impressed with the size and amenities on the Freedom last spring which was her first cruse. She has no clue what is in store for her on the Oasis!

This is her favorite photo of the Oasis. We have figured out that it was not taken in Florida but we have no clue where it was taken. If anyone knows, let us know.

Here is the Itinerary Map from the RCI web site.

CARIB_CAW_FLL_50903B.gif

At the moment, it looks like a hurricane free week. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather,

More to come...

I am very much looking forward to your review of this cruise! I dropped my In-Laws off at the port this morning. They are sailing with you on this one, and got to check out the ship. It's amazing how large it looks close up. Even directly from the front as you drive up to the ship.

Archived