LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Questions Answered...

- - We did not know about the upgrade until we checked in and they told me that my room had been changed. At first I was concerned about the location being mid-way between the two elevator banks but they checked and told me it was a Junior Suite and I said "Fine With Me!"

This location does involve a lot more walking and I am already having some problems.

We are booked on the Oasis Jan 21, 2012 and I am already thinking of of canceling it and going back to the Freedom in a room near the rear elevators.

- - Judith and I were Married on 12 July. Our May Cruise on the Freedom could easily be called an Engagement Cruise and this one could be called a Honeymoon Cruise but to us, they are just two of many more cruises together yet to come!

Nothing special except for two old fogies having a good time together and enjoying each other's company.

Questions Answered...

- - We did not know about the upgrade until we checked in and they told me that my room had been changed. At first I was concerned about the location being mid-way between the two elevator banks but they checked and told me it was a Junior Suite and I said "Fine With Me!"

This location does involve a lot more walking and I am already having some problems.

We are booked on the Oasis Jan 21, 2012 and I am already thinking of of canceling it and going back to the Freedom in a room near the rear elevators.

- - Judith and I were Married on 12 July. Our May Cruise on the Freedom could easily be called an Engagement Cruise and this one could be called a Honeymoon Cruise but to us, they are just two of many more cruises together yet to come!

Nothing special except for two old fogies having a good time together and enjoying each other's company.

Congratulations to both of you on your marriage and many, many years of cruising.

Trainman,

I am with you. I love being near the elevators too (esp the rear ones that lead to the buffet!). We've taken aft balconies a few times on Princess and I find that the walking is a bit too much for me, even though we love the wake views. And that's on a ship 1/2 the size of the one you are on.

We booked Allure for 2013 and picked the suites closest to the elevators on purpose. My achy ankles appreciate it.

You can always try to change your room now. If you explain that it's health related, they will accomodate you as long as there is something available. Try guest services and see what they say!

Katherine

Hi Trainman. Congrats to you and Judith!!! I've been filling my hubby in on you and your wonderful journals. He politely listens...he loves cruising too but he's not as nuts as I am. Anyways...I am another one who is wondering who the CD is for your cruise. We will be on the Oasis OCt 22nd Eastern. Richard was supposed to leave the ship and he was going to be replaced by Mike Swjinski(SP??) But when I revived an old post about Mike to express how happy I was at the news (as I had him before on the Voyager), he wrote back and said that he was going to be the CD for Oasis but he had to resign because of family issues. Next thing I know I read a post that someone had read on Richards Facebook that he was going back on Oasis for the next 7 weeks starting with your cruise.

Overall, I am disappointed with RCI's participation in the Meet & Mingles lately.

Today a low level staffer from the Cruise Director's Staff ran the event.

No Ship's Officer appeared!

The "purpose" of the M&M's is primarily for us who hang out on Cruise Critic to meet and get to know each other.

A few years ago the M&M's seemed to be "Important Events!" RCI had Coffee, Juices, snacks, and Sweet Rolls. Today there was no coffee, one plate of sweet rolls, water, and juice. Times have sure changed!

On my Allure Cruise they gave away 10 copies of the books about the Ships Art which were selling for close to $100. Today we got sun visors, key chains, and refrigerator magnets.

But this is an excellent opportunity for RCI to invest 10 or 15 minutes of a Senior Officer's or the Captain's in giving us a pep talk and telling us what is going on within RCI.

RCI used to do this.

I feel RCI is treating us as if we are not worth the time!

It is time to dress up for the 1st Formal Night and dinner in Chops.

We will drop by the CL for awhile on the way.

More later...

A CAUTIONARY NOTE!

I will be posting the photos of the Royal Grand Suite later tonight. It would be wise to have a towel or some aluminum foil handy to cover up your keyboards. I would hate to be the cause of hundreds of key boards being shorted out by excessive drooling!

A CAUTIONARY NOTE!

I will be posting the photos of the Royal Grand Suite later tonight. It would be wise to have a towel or some aluminum foil handy to cover up your keyboards. I would hate to be the cause of hundreds of key boards being shorted out by excessive drooling!

Thanks for the warning.

Enjoying yours posts!!!

I am posting this afternoon from the lovely and inexpensive Red Room Inn on 45th Street, just off I-95, in West Palm Beach, FL.

41385_53_b.jpg41385_54_b.jpg

We had a leisurely 4 hour drive from our home in Palm Coast, FL.

There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant across the parking lot from the Hotel where we will dine in style tonight and tomorrow morning.

We will leave the Hotel about 9 am Saturday morning for the 1 hour drive to the port. Arriving there at 10 am should give us a choice of parking spots close to the terminal.

We should be checked in by 11 am.

The last time I sailed on the Oasis they started boarding at about 11:15.

We get to board first because we will both be using walkers but the ramps are wide and we keep to the right and allow the younger and more fit cruisers to wiz right on by us.

Our priority will be the Roast Beef Sandwiches at the Park Grille in Central Park which opens at Noon.

This will be Judith's first time on the Oasis. She was impressed with the size and amenities on the Freedom last spring which was her first cruse. She has no clue what is in store for her on the Oasis!

This is her favorite photo of the Oasis. We have figured out that it was not taken in Florida but we have no clue where it was taken. If anyone knows, let us know.

Oasis_Of_The_Seas_Wallpaper.jpg

Here is the Itinerary Map from the RCI web site.

CARIB_CAW_FLL_50903B.gif

At the moment, it looks like a hurricane free week. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather,

More to come...

Have a great cruise!

My guess, and without reading the entire thread to see if you already have an answer, is the picture was taken in Finland when she first sailed. Just my guess based on the topography of the islands. Of course when I was there everything was snow covered.

Congrats to you and Judith. I went on Oasis in May based on your and Radio's report- others are right- it is the next best thing to being there. I was on Oasis in May ( Rev was on board) and will be on the 10/29 cruise. Enjoy and thanks again. Congrats on the upgrade- many have taken the cruise thanks to you. Royal owes you!

It is time to dress up for the 1st Formal Night and dinner in Chops.

We will drop by the CL for awhile on the way.

More later...

A CAUTIONARY NOTE!

LOL .......looking forward to drooling.

This afternoon we went up to the Viking Crown Lounge for a Cherry Coke. We had gone up there last night and learned that no smoking was permitted there.

DSCN3399.jpg

There were some nice Philippine Women working at the bar and we were visiting and chatting with them and relaxing.

One of my fans came up and wanted to pose with me for a photo so I had one taken with my camera too.

DSCN3402.jpg

There were three of them and they were very friendly and I enjoyed talking with them.

The Royal Grand Loft Suite

CAUTION! Protect your keyboard...

Rev was kind enough to invite us up for a tour and it is impressive. It is on Deck 17, Starboard side. The balcony faces the stern of the ship and also wraps around the Starboard side.

Random Photos speak for themselves in the next several posts. (There are a bunch of them) (Some are of the suite and some of the view)

DSCN3397.jpg

DSCN3398.jpg

DSCN3396.jpg

DSCN3394.jpg

DSCN3391.jpg

DSCN3390.jpg

So excited to see this. I am having surgery on Monday and wondering what I am going to do. Now I know that I can sail on the Oasis with trainman. Thanks so much!

Hope everything goes well with your surgery. I am having surgery monday too. Guess I won't be the only one posting while on painkillers next week.

We were on Oasis two weeks ago so everything is still fresh in my mind. I am loving trainmans live reports and pictures.

Archived