Timing for flights leaving Barcelona

jff50

Very reasonable.

Personally, I'd stay extra time in Barcelnoa... because Barcelona is so wonderful and it eliminates the tiny chance of missing your flight due to bad weather etc. delaying the ship's docking. But if you plan to fly out that day, you should have no worries with a noon flight unless something goes really wrong.

Yes, BUT, as with all airports that handle passengers coming into it from cruise ships, the Barcelona airport can be a madhouse on weekends or days when the cruise ships get in. It can take an hour or more to check in plus an hour for security. IF you spend an extra night in Barcelona, and leave on a day when that isn't going on, you may find your airport experience to be so much more relaxing and less crowded.

We will be on the Carnival Breeze, scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 5:00 AM. Is it reasonable to schedule a flight home for about noon?

We are booked on the Norwegian Epic next May that arrives in port at 5am, just like the Jade cruise we did in March.

We plan to book the 10am flight to Atlanta. People were leaving the ship by 6am last March.

We just did the same and I really wished we had booked the 10 am flight to Atlanta. NCL did not recommend it, so I listened to them, but I was easily at the airport by 8:30 and it was a little crazy but in 30 min I was at the gate for my flight that didn't depart until 11:20. One thing to realize...the Barcelona airport has some neat shops on lower lever, but once you go through the passport line to your terminal, you can't go back (there's even a sign about this) so if you want to grab some last minute souvenirs and have the time get them BEFORE the passport line.

We will be on the Carnival Breeze, scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 5:00 AM. Is it reasonable to schedule a flight home for about noon?

Noon is fine.

Some people ask about the ones that are 10:30 AM and while many make that I do not recommend it, but Noon is perfect.

Keith

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Breeze in September and I had the same question, and after reading a few threads on this topic I don't know what to do. The flight I want leaves at 10:50 (Aer Lingus). On Carnival's website, if you want to book the transfer, they don't accept flits earlier than 9 so it sounds like it should be plenty of time.

We just finished a cruise in Barcelona and had a 1100 flight.We did walk off and took our own luggage off. We made it to the airport by 8:15 AM. No problem.

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking for flights also and there had been one that left Barcelona on American at 12:45 pm. It is no longer on the schedule. Now, the latest we can see on other airlines would be 11 or 11:35. We can't stay an extra day.

Mary Anne

• 4 weeks later...

Twice-a-year, we were on the Magic last Sept-Oct and returned to Barcelona at 5am. We were off the ship at 5 or so with our luggage, you have to self carry, and we were in a taxi then at the airport by 5:30. The taxi's were waiting and everybody else must have slept in or had to eat one more time before getting off the ship. My DH says we gave the driver 35 Euros. No stress and no problem at all for our 10 am flight to Atlanta. Please notice that I said you HAVE to carry your luggage off andbe ready to leave at 5 am. I can not tell you how it went after that time and frankly I wouldn't want to do it any later. You're going to sleep on the plane anyway, get up early and eliminate the stress of rushing. Have a wonderful cruise!

Well, since our 12:30 flight on AA was cancelled they moved us to the 10 am flight to JFK. We booked on miles so really are stuck with AA. Cannot stay an extra day and am not willing to do a connecting flight so we are going to take our risk and hope to make the 10 am flight with a 5 am port arrival time on NCL Epic. Hoping that we can get off the ship and through security in an expedited fashion as suite passengers and business class flyers. I am thinking that even if we get off at 7 am we should have plenty of time to hop in a cab and make it to the airport by 8ish. Am I being too optimistic? I have read many accounts of passengers doing this with relative ease.

Well, since our 12:30 flight on AA was cancelled they moved us to the 10 am flight to JFK. We booked on miles so really are stuck with AA. Cannot stay an extra day and am not willing to do a connecting flight so we are going to take our risk and hope to make the 10 am flight with a 5 am port arrival time on NCL Epic. Hoping that we can get off the ship and through security in an expedited fashion as suite passengers and business class flyers. I am thinking that even if we get off at 7 am we should have plenty of time to hop in a cab and make it to the airport by 8ish. Am I being too optimistic? I have read many accounts of passengers doing this with relative ease.

We did a 10:00 am flight out of Barcelona a couple years ago with NCL...it was fine. We carried off our luggage ourselves (even though we were suite guests - we didn't want to chance not being able to find our bags the next morning) and we were off the ship by 6:00 am. Lots of taxis were waiting...we were at the airport very quickly and in line at the KLM counter with LOTS of time to spare.

Now keep in mind our ship was ON TIME and traffic was minimal. Any troubles with either of those, and it could be a very different story. Chances are, you'll be fine. But get off the ship as early as you can and carry your own luggage if you are able...just to be safe.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I was just getting ready to post this same question. We're on RCL which is scheduled to dock at 6:00 am. Haven't booked flight but looking at a 10:45 am departure. Will we be ok? It seems like we should if we carry our bags off and get off ASAP. We can stay an extra day as we're staying a few days before the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw another thread about this and have the same question as we have a 10:45am flight back to the US. It sounds like from other posters that we definitely need to carry our luggage off. Does anyone know what the best/quickest away to the airport from port is? Is there a direct bus or metro or do you need to take a cab?

I saw another thread about this and have the same question as we have a 10:45am flight back to the US. It sounds like from other posters that we definitely need to carry our luggage off. Does anyone know what the best/quickest away to the airport from port is? Is there a direct bus or metro or do you need to take a cab?

If you are catching a 10:45 a.m. flight the "best/quickest" way is to catch a cab as soon as you get off the ship. The ride to the airport is about 20 minutes - but you may encounter some lines at airport check in and security. Don't dawdle.

• 5 weeks later...

Good Morning

I am booked on RCCL and it does state arrival @ 6:00 am. I spoke the RCCL and they have transfers for those with 10:00 am flights.....it must be doable. But they wont book me for the transfer because my flight would be 9:55. The last time I was on Celebrity and it arrived @ 5:00 am and we had no problems but each time is different. Need to make a choice here soon.

Dorene

Archived