Celebrity Century is Very Nice

Baileybasset

Just back from 15 night Hawaii on Century. I'm waiting for my in depth Member Review to be posted on the Cruise Critic Home Page.

However, this is just to let anyone concerned about sailing on the Century to relax. She is a beautiful ship with amazing crew and staff. Areas were being painted and varnished during the cruise. Yes, there were a few "dings" like carpet a bit worn in the cabin, but it was clean and vacuumed daily. Cabin and bathroom (C-2) were very comfortable and everything was is working order.

Overall food was very good at the buffet and grills. I did not care for the dining room menus and thought they were too fancy and sometimes the food was not of the best quality (stale croutons or tough meat). Murano was very nice and we left feeling a bit ill after such rich food.

Of the four cruises we've taken, this staff is much superior to the others. They could not have been nicer or taken better care of us. They seemed happy with their jobs.

We were sad to leave the Century and her crew and hope we will have the opportunity to sail with her again in the future.:)

Thank you for the update and will read your review when posted. The first cruise I went on was the Century in 2008. I love every minute of it. The ship . service, food was beyond my expectation. This year I was on the Equinox. The common space , more choices for dining and the solarium were added benefits.

While on the cruise I booked a full transit of the Panama for Dec 2012 on the Century. I am looking forward to going back to a smaller ship.I am glad to know that some of the reviews that said it was shabby are only personal opinion.

Thank you for the update and will read your review when posted. The first cruise I went on was the Century in 2008. I love every minute of it. The ship . service, food was beyond my expectation. This year I was on the Equinox. The common space , more choices for dining and the solarium were added benefits.

While on the cruise I booked a full transit of the Panama for Dec 2012 on the Century. I am looking forward to going back to a smaller ship.I am glad to know that some of the reviews that said it was shabby are only personal opinion.

Hi, I was on Century in May and had a fabulous time as well:D:):D

Thank you for your comments. I am most impressed with your comment that the staff were superior to other cruises you've taken, and that they seemed happy with their jobs.

I look forward to reading your review.

I have just booked a December cruise on her from Auckland to Sydney. I chose her because I wanted to try Celebrity and I like smaller ships.

Thanks...

Always nice to see comments like this...

We will be on the Century in about two months' time for an Australia/New Zealand cruise and we're really looking forward to it...

You will love that cruise! We did it with Royal in 2007. It was RCI's return to the itinerary. I hope you have decided on a pre-cruise tour. We did the RCI cruise tour and spent time at Ularu (Ayres Rock) and Cairnes (The Great Barrier Reef) before sailing. The Sound of Silence dinner at Ularu is a don't miss.

The passage across the Tasman Sea is rough. New Zealand is fantastic!

You will love that cruise! We did it with Royal in 2007. It was RCI's return to the itinerary. I hope you have decided on a pre-cruise tour. We did the RCI cruise tour and spent time at Ularu (Ayres Rock) and Cairnes (The Great Barrier Reef) before sailing. The Sound of Silence dinner at Ularu is a don't miss.

The passage across the Tasman Sea is rough. New Zealand is fantastic!

Unfortunately, no time to fit in a pre-cruise tour--just one night pre-cruise in Sydney...Had to squeeze this one into my wife's limited school calendar winter break and my limited vacation availability from work...I wish we had the time...

Just back from 15 night Hawaii on Century. I'm waiting for my in depth Member Review to be posted on the Cruise Critic Home Page.

However, this is just to let anyone concerned about sailing on the Century to relax. She is a beautiful ship with amazing crew and staff. Areas were being painted and varnished during the cruise. Yes, there were a few "dings" like carpet a bit worn in the cabin, but it was clean and vacuumed daily. Cabin and bathroom (C-2) were very comfortable and everything was is working order.

Overall food was very good at the buffet and grills. I did not care for the dining room menus and thought they were too fancy and sometimes the food was not of the best quality (stale croutons or tough meat). Murano was very nice and we left feeling a bit ill after such rich food.

Of the four cruises we've taken, this staff is much superior to the others. They could not have been nicer or taken better care of us. They seemed happy with their jobs.

We were sad to leave the Century and her crew and hope we will have the opportunity to sail with her again in the future.:)

Of all our cruises, I truly believe our best experience was November, 2010 when we did our first B2B on the Century.

Do you know if Imade was still the Martini Bar Bartender? He was one of the best bartenders (and showman!) we have ever met!

My in-depth review "Celebrity Century 10/2/11 Hawaii" is now posted on the Celebrity Message Board inside the top sticky "Back from Your Celebrity Cruise". It was too long for Member Review section and they would not publish it in parts.

I appreciated your in depth review of Century, because we will be cruising on her for the first time in December. I chose her because I wanted to try Celebrity and I prefer smaller/mid size ships.

My in-depth review "Celebrity Century 10/2/11 Hawaii" is now posted on the Celebrity Message Board inside the top sticky "Back from Your Celebrity Cruise". It was too long for Member Review section and they would not publish it in parts.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an in depth review. I really appreciate your efforts.

Archived