Right to use Admiral Club

Fattony

If I arrive at MIA on international biz class (from Brazil), and then transfer to a domestic flight (a one-class AA commuter jet), so I have the right to use the AA Admirals Club while waiting? It's inside security? I do realize I'd exit security after Immigration and Customs and then have to go through security to get to the gate for my domestic flight. I'm used to Continental/United, where international biz class ticket does give me the right to use their clubs. Thanks.

I would check www.aa.com for information on hours open for that club and if enough information is not shown, I would email customer service.

If that fails I would post a question on www.flyertalk.com under the American Airlines topic which is a sub-topic of Miles and Points. Here is a link to Lounge Access questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-aadvantage/1023801-help-desk-lounge-access-rules.html

Here's a link with a great deal of Admiral's club info. http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/admirals-club-holiday-hours.jsp but not Thanksgiving. You need to telephone the Admiral's club you hope to use. Here's a link for that: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsLocations.jsp

I am assuming that you'll be arriving on an early morning flight into MIA. The lounge opens early anticipating these flights from South America. The lounge closes after the lasts flights are called in the evening. Here is the link with hours:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsLocations.jsp#MIA

I can't imagine why you would be denied access to the club given that your inbound flight is in business but a simple call to the airline would let you know for sure.

Does holding an AA first or biz class boarding pass give you Admiral Club access regardless of your status within their mileage program?

I am doing this by memory. I would check the AA web site.

For International flights you will have access for first and business class regardless of how you obtained the seats.

For domestic flights I believe the answer is no.

Keith

Does holding an AA first or biz class boarding pass give you Admiral Club access regardless of your status within their mileage program?

I am doing this by memory. I would check the AA web site.

For International flights you will have access for first and business class regardless of how you obtained the seats.

For domestic flights I believe the answer is no.

Keith

Keith is correct with a minor caveat - "international" does not include Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.

On domestic flights you only get access if you're in paid first class on 3-class transcontinental flights (e.g. JFK-LAX.)

On domestic flights you only get access if you're in paid first class on 3-class transcontinental flights (e.g. JFK-LAX.)

I think we're good based on the link 6rugrats provided.....???

We'll be in paid FC on a two-cabin transcontinental flight (SFO-MIA).

From AA.com:

Full-Fare First-Class traveling nonstop on two-class transcontinental flight (booked in F or Z inventory)

*Transcontinental flights are non-stop flights between the following cities:

Boston / Los Angeles

New York (JFK) / San Diego

Los Angeles / Miami

New York (JFK)/ San Francisco

Miami / San Francisco

New York (JFK)/ Seattle

Newark / Los Angeles

Washington Dulles / Los Angeles

New York (JFK) / Los Angeles

Dear Beav:

How dare you actually look up the applicable rules and see how it fits with your particular individual situation!!! You are setting a bad precedent and need to return to relying on apocryphal anecdotes.

Best,

FTer

PS: Enjoy your flights!!

I think we're good based on the link 6rugrats provided.....???

From AA.com:

Full-Fare First-Class traveling nonstop on two-class transcontinental flight (booked in F or Z inventory)

*Transcontinental flights are non-stop flights between the following cities:

Boston / Los Angeles

New York (JFK) / San Diego

Los Angeles / Miami

New York (JFK)/ San Francisco

Miami / San Francisco

New York (JFK)/ Seattle

Newark / Los Angeles

Washington Dulles / Los Angeles

New York (JFK) / Los Angeles

Dear Beav:

How dare you actually look up the applicable rules and see how it fits with your particular individual situation!!! You are setting a bad precedent and need to return to relying on apocryphal anecdotes.

Best,

FTer

PS: Enjoy your flights!!

Serves me right for not hovering on CC over the weekend. I stand corrected. (Although, in my defense, I'm not sure how long the two-class language has been there. I don't recall it being the case when I first got involved with AA, but old brains tend to be leaky.)

Serves me right for not hovering on CC over the weekend. I stand corrected. (Although, in my defense, I'm not sure how long the two-class language has been there. I don't recall it being the case when I first got involved with AA, but old brains tend to be leaky.)

No worries -- you're still an expert ;)

And thanks to the rugrat for the link.....

From AA.com:

Just double check the definition of "full-fare first class" and your own first class fare basis. There is very often "discounted" first class and that apparently doesn't allow access to the AC.

Just double check the definition of "full-fare first class" and your own first class fare basis. There is very often "discounted" first class and that apparently doesn't allow access to the AC.

Understood!

Speaking of San Francisco the new San Francisco terminal is beautiful. Even lots of nice restaurants and take out and some of it was quite healthy which is my preference.

The new Admirals Club is absolutely beautiful.

I'll have to surf on over to the AA board at Flyertalk. No doubt there will be some feedback on SFO's new Admiral Club....

Archived