Current Concierges continued

PH8

Lol, Dexter doesn't call me MOM, he calls me trouble !

He was one of the worst unfriendly concierges we have ever met! Another passenger said the same thing. The other passenger walked into the lounge to see his mom for 1 minute with a drink in hand since he had purchased the beverage package and then walked out. Dexter yelled at him from across the room saying he would kick him out of the lounge if he took a drink out of the lounge again in front of all the guests. He embarrassed him about talking his drink out! Dexter has no class at all.

He was one of the worst unfriendly concierges we have ever met! Another passenger said the same thing. The other passenger walked into the lounge to see his mom for 1 minute with a drink in hand since he had purchased the beverage package and then walked out. Dexter yelled at him from across the room saying he would kick him out of the lounge if he took a drink out of the lounge again in front of all the guests. He embarrassed him about talking his drink out! Dexter has no class at all.

Wow!! Never,ever saw that side of him:eek:

Wow, that's not the Dexter we know. He must have been having a really bad day to say something like that. Not good.

Have NEVER EVER heard or seen Dex do anything like that If it is true, I'm betting there's another part of this story, from his side. He is very hard working, and this is not his usual way of interacting with people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was your experience with Dexter on Allure?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just had Denzil Fernandez on Explorer of the Seas. A wonderful concierge, hard working, very friendly and polite with nothing too much trouble. Also CL staff, Kathy and Sumna were beyond excellent too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, that's not the Dexter we know. He must have been having a really bad day to say something like that. Not good.

Have NEVER EVER heard or seen Dex do anything like that If it is true, I'm betting there's another part of this story, from his side. He is very hard working, and this is not his usual way of interacting with people.

I guess anyone can have a bad day, but you have to find a way to handle things diplomatically when you're in a position as his in a room FULL of people. All he had to do is walk over to the guy and find out the story behind taking the drink out without yelling and threatening him from across the room, the guys mother was real upset at Dexter for doing that. The Diamond lounge was held in the "Disco" by the Ice Rink since there were so many Diamonds and above on board and there was even a person standing at the entrance carding everyone.

We are 2 guys together, so our interaction with him wasn't the best, perhaps he has a problem with that?

This was on Allure.

Edited by seatraveler1

I'm going to ask Dexter about this. Often, there's a side we aren't hearing about. I just know I have never heard anyone have an issue like this with him. Not like him c

Seriously? Don't ask him about that. That's crossing the line... It's really nobody's business.

Everybody we talked to in the DL on our recent sailing thought he was very rude and standoffish, as well. Maybe he has his favorites. He was very friendly on the last night when the tip envelopes were out. Go figure...

Seriously? Don't ask him about that. That's crossing the line... It's really nobody's business.

Everybody we talked to in the DL on our recent sailing thought he was very rude and standoffish, as well. Maybe he has his favorites. He was very friendly on the last night when the tip envelopes were out. Go figure...

This is interesting since you mention recent sailing. Maybe recent means months ago, who knows. He just returned this week and has been at home in Guyana since early March. Also, he hadn't been in the Diamond lounge before he left. There was a CLEON Fraser in the Diamond Lounge on Allure.