Elite Lounge on the Silhouette

RSGS315

Do they still hold the Elite Cocktail hour in Michael's on the Silhouette?

Is Michael's still a piano bar at night?

These are questions that nobody has addressed yet.

I will be sailing solo on the Silhouette on February 10, and I enjoy meeting other guests in a more intimate setting.

Thank you,

Ginnie

Do they still hold the Elite Cocktail hour in Michael's on the Silhouette?

Is Michael's still a piano bar at night?

These are questions that nobody has addressed yet.

I will be sailing solo on the Silhouette on February 10, and I enjoy meeting other guests in a more intimate setting.

Thank you,

Ginnie

No Michael's lounge is now a specialty beer lounge and very small and the Elite cocktail hour will depend on how many Elite's our on your cruise if there are many it will be in the Sky Observation lounge I don't see it will be any where else since there are not any lounges that can hold many people we just got off the 11/6/11 cruise

Hardly any Elites on our cruise (about a dozen turned up each afternoon for happy hour) but it was still held in the Sky Lounge.

If only we could be that lucky. We are on the Silhouette next week and that particular week is very popular with Elites as we discovered last year on the Mercury. A majority of Elites tend to be a bit older (because they have been cruising a long time) and us "ole folks" love to find times to cruise when there are fewer children and teens on ships. The week after major holidays (like next week and early January) are great options (and they usually have decent pricing) so we expect hundreds of Elites next week.

Hank

Usually when you first arrive in your cabin, a "captain's club packet" will be in your room advising you of the location/timing of all the events and all your coupons will be also attached.

I say usually because when we were on the Silhouette for the Nov 6 sailing we did not have any such packet in our suite when we embarked. Didn't get it the next day either......Finally I called Donette, the Captain's Club Hostess, and asked her where the Elite Lounge was and she had our butler bring a letter/coupon into our suite........just another example of things being "not quite right" on this first Silhouette sailing out of Bayonne.

Usually when you first arrive in your cabin, a "captain's club packet" will be in your room advising you of the location/timing of all the events and all your coupons will be also attached.

I say usually because when we were on the Silhouette for the Nov 6 sailing we did not have any such packet in our suite when we embarked. Didn't get it the next day either......Finally I called Donette, the Captain's Club Hostess, and asked her where the Elite Lounge was and she had our butler bring a letter/coupon into our suite........just another example of things being "not quite right" on this first Silhouette sailing out of Bayonne.

Agreed, we had the same issue on the Nov. 6, sailing. There was no information in the cabin.

Agreed, we had the same issue on the Nov. 6, sailing. There was no information in the cabin.

We got the information in the cabin but agree they were not consistent in sending the information to all on this cruise they need to get ther act together.

Is the morning elite lounge in Michael's Club or have they moved that too? I'm just wondering how far I'll have to walk for my morning cappaccino.

We had the breakfast event in the sky lounge as well. In fact all Elite events were there apart from the departure day lounge which was held in the Tuscan Grill (there was some event with journalists in the sky lounge).

There was one sheet of paper with all of the captain club events listed for the entire cruise left inside the book on the desk.If you didn't read it there was no way of knowing what was going on being that there were no annoucements sent to the room as with previous cruises.I saw it on my second day.

This is part of the line's efforts to cut down on paper and printing -- but usually the sheet of instructions and the coupons are placed on the desk or on the bed. If you are in Captain's Club and don't see them, ask your steward. Sometimes a mistake is made and passengers are left off their list in error.

Guest maddycat

We were on the Nov. 6 Silhouette cruise. We received the Elite passenger information sheet and one page of coupons on our arrival. It was left on the bed. We had to ask our cabin attendant for an additional coupon page.

We thought that the Sky Lounge was great........pleanty of seating and great views. We stayed on the side farthest from the smoking section, so no problems with the smell of smoke.

Service was great. When the lounge first opened at 5pm, there were usually 3 regular bar tenders and 2 wine stewards who filled in as bar tenders until the initial rush was over and everyone was served their first drink. By 5:30 2-3 bar tenders handled the crowd. The wine stewards headed to the dining room. The head bar tender was usually present to make sure that everything ran smoothly. Waiters circulated taking orders and serving drinks. Hors d'oeuvres were excellent and plentiful.

It was very pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking to our fellow cruisers.

While the Sky lounge is a lovely venue, it is one that has a smoking section. When it is crowded, it could use some of those smokeater machines.

You are very right on this. Yes they have to smoke on Port side but the smell is still there. Richard

There was one sheet of paper with all of the captain club events listed for the entire cruise left inside the book on the desk.If you didn't read it there was no way of knowing what was going on being that there were no annoucements sent to the room as with previous cruises.I saw it on my second day.

There was no letter or coupons in the book on the desk. Four days into the cruise the Blue Room Service hang tag menus appeared in the book. We got the letter, coupons and Connections in the room Monday afternoon after visiting Guest Relations for the third time.

we always try to meet the Cap Club rep early on--just to make sure they know we are on board & are interested in participating in the events for Elite...

the rep is often at the Crusie critic party so that's a good time to make sure you have everything you need--like the welcome letter & one set of perks per person.

Breakfast in the Specialty restaurant would be fun! On our cruises it has previously always been in Michaels...

If we don't use the perks they will eliminate them!!!

on constallation last dec the morning event was in a specialty resturant. 1st week we had smoked salmon w/trimmings and pastries, etc. the 2nd week they had eggs benedict and bad french toast strips. ate there every day. it was very nice, but i had enjoyed michaels on solstice.

we certainly appreciate it.

don't forget to tip them. ad

Archived