Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

I just checked and I've been upgraded to Rhodium!

In addition to all the benefits provided to our valued Platinum Level Latitudes Members, our newest, top-tier level provides privileges previously unknown at sea!

• An officer of your choice will serve as your on-board liaison to the bridge. Your wish is his or her command! (Not available on Norwegian Epic or cruises of less than 7 days.)
  • Pick your Port! Simply inform the captain (48 hours notice required) and the ship will call at the port of your choice. Havana, anyone?
  • Steer the Ship! Yes, you read correctly! Step aside, Cap'n. (Mississippi river not included.)
  • Food Fight in the Officers' Mess. We supply the pies, you supply the Fun!
  • Officer for the Day. You patrol the ship, you spot the offenders! See a chair hog, unruly drunk in the hot tub, overeager eaters consuming pretzel rolls while still in line at the buffet? Off with their heads! (Not really, but you do get to clap them in irons in our specially outfitted Naughty Room!)

Did you also see the part where it stated any cruiser with at least 189 days on NCL ships, at least 28 of them in a suite, and has their name on a plaque onboard at least one of their ship's bridge viewing rooms gets a complimentary upgrade to the Garden Villa on their next cruise??? I saw it right there in print! Gosh, I hope it is not all a glitch either! That sure would be a bummer if not true.

coka

I just checked and I've been upgraded to Rhodium!

In addition to all the benefits provided to our valued Platinum Level Latitudes Members, our newest, top-tier level provides privileges previously unknown at sea!

• An officer of your choice will serve as your on-board liaison to the bridge. Your wish is his or her command! (Not available on Norwegian Epic or cruises of less than 7 days.)
  • Pick your Port! Simply inform the captain (48 hours notice required) and the ship will call at the port of your choice. Havana, anyone?
  • Steer the Ship! Yes, you read correctly! Step aside, Cap'n. (Mississippi river not included.)
  • Food Fight in the Officers' Mess. We supply the pies, you supply the Fun!
  • Officer for the Day. You patrol the ship, you spot the offenders! See a chair hog, unruly drunk in the hot tub, overeager eaters consuming pretzel rolls while still in line at the buffet? Off with their heads! (Not really, but you do get to clap them in irons in our specially outfitted Naughty Room!)

Sounds like you're gonna be a lot of fun on the Big Apple to Big Easy cruise!;)

Folks like Time2cruise1 have been stuck there a very long time.

Al

As have I, at 27 cruises for a grand total of 230 days at sea. What I meant by "true" Platinum's were people that reached the old levels under the old rules earning their Platinum level the "old fashion" way. Changing the rules should reward the people that earned something under the old rules just out of simple respect for their loyalty. But Time2Cruise1 and I (and many others) have earned a lot of friendships over the years and probably receive our own satisfaction outside of the rewards program.

Did you also see the part where it stated any cruiser with at least 189 days on NCL ships, at least 28 of them in a suite, and has their name on a plaque onboard at least one of their ship's bridge viewing rooms gets a complimentary upgrade to the Garden Villa on their next cruise??? I saw it right there in print! Gosh, I hope it is not all a glitch either! That sure would be a bummer if not true.

coka

Well deserved...you should have been the IT girl, so it is the least they could do.

Al

I assumed it was because the GF went to Gold. We got on OBC due to a sale that was going on then additional $150 OBC then I checked this morning when I read here about people betting up grade on their status where I saw that I went to gold with additional $100 OBC Will take anything I can get made a printout to take with us in 13 months

Where did you see the OBC to print out..?...

I received an email from NCL saying that my husband had a new latitudes number since they "merged" our old numbers....Said we had several...I knew of 2 which were on my Edocs for our 12/14 cruise.

I called NCL and asked if I had my own latitudes # and they said no, all our prior cruises (see below) are now under 1 new latitudes number. Has anyone heard of just having one number per couple? I'm a bit wary of this statement, but she repeated it twice.

I asked what we needed to go from bronze to silver and was told 5 cruises....didn't mention anything about suites, # of days, etc. (Our 12/14 cruise will be the 4th NCL cruise we took, all in balconies....The 2 Sky trips were just 3 days though, the Dawn will be 11 days and the Sun was 7.)

Barb

I received an email from NCL saying that my husband had a new latitudes number since they "merged" our old numbers....Said we had several...I knew of 2 which were on my Edocs for our 12/14 cruise.

I called NCL and asked if I had my own latitudes # and they said no, all our prior cruises (see below) are now under 1 new latitudes number. Has anyone heard of just having one number per couple? I'm a bit wary of this statement, but she repeated it twice.....

Barb

I also received an email from NCL saying that they had merged my multiple Latitudes numbers and assigned a new number for me to use. As far as I know, I've never had multiple numbers; I always check our docs to make sure that the right number is listed. My original number is still on my NCL account (and on the reservations/e-docs for two upcoming cruises).

I can't imagine that they would now assign numbers on a "couple" or "family" level rather than individual, although that might be why so many people changed categories. DH & I usually cruise together, but I have cruised with DD instead, so we all have different levels. I'm still Platinum (since there's nothing afterwards LOL), but DH did move from Silver to Gold. He has never cruised in suites (usually insides, a few OV's and one balcony) but we frequently take longer cruises, so they may be considering number of days at sea also.

And DH did not receive an email from NCL mentioning any new Latitudes number or merged accounts, etc.

I also received an email from NCL saying that they had merged my multiple Latitudes numbers and assigned a new number for me to use. As far as I know, I've never had multiple numbers; I always check our docs to make sure that the right number is listed. My original number is still on my NCL account (and on the reservations/e-docs for two upcoming cruises).

I can't imagine that they would now assign numbers on a "couple" or "family" level rather than individual, although that might be why so many people changed categories. DH & I usually cruise together, but I have cruised with DD instead, so we all have different levels. I'm still Platinum (since there's nothing afterwards LOL), but DH did move from Silver to Gold. He has never cruised in suites (usually insides, a few OV's and one balcony) but we frequently take longer cruises, so they may be considering number of days at sea also.

And DH did not receive an email from NCL mentioning any new Latitudes number or merged accounts, etc.

I can see the problems now if they merge couples into one latitude level... a new item to fight over in a divorce..."who gets to keep the Platinum Latitude perks".... sorry, I am a paralegal and that's the first thing that crossed my mind...

I just downloaded our Edocs and at the bottom this is what I read

HAVE YOU SAILED WITH US BEFORE?

If your correct Latitudes level is not listed under TYP, please contact your travel agent or NCL at 1-800-343-0098. Outside of the US and Canada you may reach us on 0845 658 8010. (BRONZE: After 1st completed cruise - Eligibility for Bronze benefits start on 2nd cruise up to 5th cruise, SILVER: After 5th completed cruise - Eligibility for Silver benefits start on 6th cruise up to 9th cruise, GOLD: After 9th completed cruise - Eligibility for Gold benefits start on 10th cruise up to 14th cruise, PLATINUM After 14th completed cruise - Eligibility for Platinum benefits start on 15th cruise and above) -- Please note that the Latitudes program does not apply to chartered sailings.

Maybe finally those Platinum level passengers that bought into the level will finally be cut from the level. They were only supposed to keep the perks until they used the prepaid bank. NCL was unable to figure out how to remove them so they have been grandfathered for years.

Log into your NCL go to My Account and go to make a payment it gives you your balance that you owe and this is where I saw my OBC I printed it out but it is small will have to work on it to take it with me or contact my PCC but I have 13 months to work on it[/quote)

thanks !..but when I log on there is no place to make a payment:(

Log into your NCL go to My Account and go to make a payment it gives you your balance that you owe and this is where I saw my OBC I printed it out but it is small will have to work on it to take it with me or contact my PCC but I have 13 months to work on it[/quote)

thanks !..but when I log on there is no place to make a payment:(

The new Norwegian system is a little buggy but when it is working right it works lol. Sign into your NCL account and a screen should come up that shows the cruises you have booked with three boxes showing headed messages, make payment and vacation summary. If this screen doesn't automatically come up then click on "Booked" just under your sign in welcome.

To just see your on board credit click on vacation summary. A screen called Reservation at a Glance should come up and along with all the other information there is a section that shows On Board Spending.

I really really love looking at my Star cruise for 1/13/13 showing $625 on board credit :) We cancelled the Breakaway cruise and switched to the Star out of New Orleans - same four of us as Pacific Coastal but this time in SG family suite with balcony instead of the SJ family suite no balcony. Still want to cruise Breakaway someday but we're doing four in suite for less cost than two in balcony on Breakaway and have way more on board credit.

I called NCL and asked if I had my own latitudes # and they said no, all our prior cruises (see below) are now under 1 new latitudes number. Has anyone heard of just having one number per couple? I'm a bit wary of this statement, but she repeated it twice.

I asked what we needed to go from bronze to silver and was told 5 cruises....didn't mention anything about suites, # of days, etc. (Our 12/14 cruise will be the 4th NCL cruise we took, all in balconies....The 2 Sky trips were just 3 days though, the Dawn will be 11 days and the Sun was 7.)

Barb

No...they didn't merge spouses numbers into a single account, they merged multiple numbers for individuals.

My wife and I each received emails that we had multiple numbers, and each email stated our surviving individual numbers after the merger, which are the numbers we had been using anyway. We still have separate numbers after the mergers.

I just downloaded our Edocs and at the bottom this is what I read

HAVE YOU SAILED WITH US BEFORE?

If your correct Latitudes level is not listed under TYP, please contact your travel agent or NCL at 1-800-343-0098. Outside of the US and Canada you may reach us on 0845 658 8010. (BRONZE: After 1st completed cruise - Eligibility for Bronze benefits start on 2nd cruise up to 5th cruise, SILVER: After 5th completed cruise - Eligibility for Silver benefits start on 6th cruise up to 9th cruise, GOLD: After 9th completed cruise - Eligibility for Gold benefits start on 10th cruise up to 14th cruise, PLATINUM After 14th completed cruise - Eligibility for Platinum benefits start on 15th cruise and above) -- Please note that the Latitudes program does not apply to chartered sailings.

That's the current program...nothing new in that description.

No...they didn't merge spouses numbers into a single account, they merged multiple numbers for individuals.

My wife and I each received emails that we had multiple numbers, and each email stated our surviving individual numbers after the merger, which are the numbers we had been using anyway. We still have separate numbers after the mergers.

Thats right . The problem arises when people book through a TA and the TA does not give NCL your current Lat. # . At that point NCL issues a new number as if you are a brand new NCL cruiser. These can add up.

NCL is just cleaning house .;)

thanks !..but when I log on there is no place to make a payment

Hey you..

If you did not book with NCL I think that certain information is not available...I book with a TA and I cannot see my payments or OBC's on the NCL site..

NCL just announced on Facebook that they will be announcing a change in the Latitudes program in the beginning of December. I would guess that it would probably be around the 10th, since the webinar for agents is on the 8th.

Camille wrote: "An announcement is coming Dec 5th!"

All I can say is if this is not a computer glitch they are going to need a bigger room for the Silver/Gold/Platinum reception :D

Hopefully they will be adding some new levels as well. With nearly 300 days onboard NCL ships I am still Platinum..

I was thinking this too, maybe adding Diamond (or Titanium:rolleyes: ) It can't be a coincidence that this many people's level changed already. I suppose they will also change the perks around for each level too. Please don't take my free laundry away!!!:(

thanks !..but when I log on there is no place to make a payment

Hey you..

If you did not book with NCL I think that certain information is not available...I book with a TA and I cannot see my payments or OBC's on the NCL site..

Hi Rich..yup..booked with CAS(even though they are part of NCL:confused:)..so I can see nothing !!!!

Archived