Bringing wine onboard

jerseygirl3

cruisegirl1 -- the statement I wrote was meant to show that at ports you visit during the cruise (not the embarkation point), you may not be able to bring any kind of alcohol on board.

Last year there was, in fact, a special statement on their website specifically aimed at spring break times and the bringing of alcohol on board. It reminded guests that only two bottles of wine were allowed per stateroom on embarkation, and no further alcohol was to be brought during the cruise. I don't know if they will have a similar statement this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one.

I know Celebrity allows two bottles per cabin. Just wondered how they would know if you brought two in your carry-on and packed two in your checked luggage? Of course, this is strictly a hypthetical question....

To answer your question, they won't know. During initial embarkation, I bring 3-5 bottles of wine, and my wife takes 2 bottles. We go thru separate security lines. We've never been question as it appears the Port security is only looking for drugs, weapons, and the like during initial embarkation.

Have you considered rumrunners.com?

Do they always charge corkage fees in the dining room? On Carnival, it was policy to do so, but they never did....with the exception of the specialty restaurant.

Our recent experience is yes. Several years back it wasn't always charged, but in recent years it has - although we don't bring wine very often because of the corkage fee.

We are sailing on the Constellation Dec 31st. We are planning to bring 2 bottles of wine on embarkation and would like to know if we bring more wine at each of the port we will be visiting.

We are sailing on the Constellation Dec 31st. We are planning to bring 2 bottles of wine on embarkation and would like to know if we bring more wine at each of the port we will be visiting.

The rule is you can only bring on 2 bottles per SR at embarkation and not ports of call. They check, but it isn't 100% checking. They took my wine at a port, but let our friends walk through with their's and they were just behind us in the security line. And neither of us were hiding or trying to sneak it by.

enjoy your cruise.

Den

On our last Trip we meet a couple who loved Tequila, but way to expensive on the ship.

So before leaving home, they emptied 2 red wine bottles, filled them with

Tequila and got those shrinkable Sleeve to go over the top of the bottles.

They say you can get them at any wine making Store, real cheap 5 Cents each.

So they had 2 full bottle of tequila for drinks on board.

I dont drink hard liquor but i do have to say it was a great idea.

Has anybody tried to bring boxed wine on board, under the premise of the allowed two bottles? There are some pretty good wines in boxes currently on the market.

We tried one time. Wanted to keep a box (and yes, there are some very good quality boxed wines) in our cabin for consumption on our balcony. Now keep in mind it was during Spring Break and we weren't aware of the more diligent attention being paid through the screening process. Ours was confiscated. They said since it equaled 3 bottles of wine vs the two we were allowed, they took it. I couldn't really argue with that. We got it back after we got off the ship in Miami.

Our recent experience is yes. Several years back it wasn't always charged, but in recent years it has - although we don't bring wine very often because of the corkage fee.

I agree with you. I'll probably just buy a wine package, which is what we always do on RCI. Thanks for your response.

To answer your question, they won't know. During initial embarkation, I bring 3-5 bottles of wine, and my wife takes 2 bottles. We go thru separate security lines. We've never been question as it appears the Port security is only looking for drugs, weapons, and the like during initial embarkation.

Have you considered rumrunners.com?

Never, ever put wine in a rum runner. The second you open a bottle of wine the oxidation process begins.

On our last Trip we meet a couple who loved Tequila, but way to expensive on the ship.

So before leaving home, they emptied 2 red wine bottles, filled them with

Tequila and got those shrinkable Sleeve to go over the top of the bottles.

They say you can get them at any wine making Store, real cheap 5 Cents each.

So they had 2 full bottle of tequila for drinks on board.

I dont drink hard liquor but i do have to say it was a great idea.

Boy, I hope they didn't empty to two bottles by pouring them out - That would be an atrocity!

Deleted - my answer was nearly identical to Den who posted just before I did.

I finally beat someone typing! Usually I type something...play around with it...correct it....rewrite a bit, and then post it in time to see three better-worded posts already there. Your's was probably better worded!

Heck most of my posts have 'edits' to them since even after I post them, I find errors and misdirected statements.

Den

Boy, I hope they didn't empty to two bottles by pouring them out - That would be an atrocity!

I finally beat someone typing! Usually I type something...play around with it...correct it....rewrite a bit, and then post it in time to see three better-worded posts already there. Your's was probably better worded!

Heck most of my posts have 'edits' to them since even after I post them, I find errors and misdirected statements.

Den

Den, this is off topic but can you tell me how to put two "quotes" in a message? I have always only been able to quote one previous post and can't figure out how to do it. If I cut and paste, then I lose the quote being in blue/italics/box.

Thanks, Linda.

My wife, father and I took a cruise on Milli in the Spring of 2010 out of San Juan. We were all in the same room. My father and I both walked on with 2 1.5l bottles each (4 bottles) but we went through different lines. I put 2 bottles in 3 of our bags, for a total of 10 bottles (6 in the bags and 4 carried on). For whatever reason, 1 on the bottles was taken out of the bag (it didn't go to the naughty room) and the remaining 5 of the 6 in the bags made it. I was happy with the result.

Mark

Den, this is off topic but can you tell me how to put two "quotes" in a message? I have always only been able to quote one previous post and can't figure out how to do it. If I cut and paste, then I lose the quote being in blue/italics/box.

Thanks, Linda.

Over in the right corner of our posts, are these boxes:

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

The 'Quote' one adds that post to your post, the second one is called the 'Multi-Quote This Messsage', and you select this and the same box in any other post (they then are highlighted), and when you open a Post a Reply, you get the two quotes with a little room in between for you to reply to one, then the other.

Den

There is a alcohol store inside the port before check in and security.

Could this depend on which terminal or is this a new addition?

We've sailed on 6 Celebrity cruises (not counting B2b) that embarked in Ft. Lauderdale and 3 on other lines and have never noticed a store in the port terminal building. The only Caribbean sailing we recall seeing this at was San Juan.

The closest wine & liquor store we've seen to the Ft. Lauderdale port is the one suggested by jvdmd in post 22 above. This is a block or 2 from the north port entrance off 17th St. which is just a little further than the east port entrance normally used for travel to/from the airport. There are a couple other places right there to buy these items including a drug store and a supermarket but the place jvdmd mentioned would have the best selection by far.

We brought a bottle of Port and a bottle of Sherry on board without any problem.

As far as I am concerned these are wines. The nice thing about Sherry and Port is, that you can have some one night, then close the bottle for use on other nights during your cruise. Wines usually are better the same night you open them.

Archived