Platinum Lounge for Cocktails

RS79

On my previous Princess cruise, they had a cocktail hour with reduced prices and excellent free Hors dourves just before dinner, for Platinum and Elite cruisers. Does anyone know if they are still doing this? We are cruising on the Emerald in Jan.

I may be wrong, but I believe only the featured cocktail of the day was $3.99, but the other drinks are regular price. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Unfortunately, the platinum/elite lounge is in Skywalkers (which is Deck 18 on the Crown), and you feel a lot of motion way up there. The one time we attended, we lasted only ten minutes, and there were only a few other passengers.

I may be wrong, but I believe only the featured cocktail of the day was $3.99, but the other drinks are regular price. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Unfortunately, the platinum/elite lounge is in Skywalkers (which is Deck 18 on the Crown), and you feel a lot of motion way up there. The one time we attended, we lasted only ten minutes, and there were only a few other passengers.

Yes, it's whatever drink the Elite Lounge is featuring at $3.99

The negative to me is that they close it down at 7pm, way too early if you have late seating. :(

I love Skywalkers and that you feel more motion up there. That's one of the reasons why I enjoy going up there during the day. In the evening, it's an easy elevator ride down to the dining room. On the other hand, I liked that on the Coral, it was held in the Explorer's Lounge.

Does anyone have the menu of drinks for the Skywalkers/Ruby Princess, we will be on the 22 January 2012 sailing. Thank you!

The menu will change from ship to ship and even from voyage to voyage.

Below is the list for a cruise earlier this year.

2136563460016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

We were on the Crown last week. We frequently went in shorts and T-shirts. Some folks were dressed for dinner. When we went at 5, we had time for a swim before our second seating dinner. The motion in Skywalkers was bad, magnified by the fact that we experienced rough seas for more than half the cruise.

Concerning the Coral: The Platinum/Elite get together has one specific designated drink each evening priced at $3.99 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. However there is a list of bar well drinks such as Margaritas, Long Island Ice Tea, Bourbon, etc., that are sold at $3.99 also.

To quote some attendees, the designated drink of the day is a "real" drink...

Concerning the Coral: The Platinum/Elite get together has one specific designated drink each evening priced at $3.99 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. However there is a list of bar well drinks such as Margaritas, Long Island Ice Tea, Bourbon, etc., that are sold at $3.99 also.

To quote some attendees, the designated drink of the day is a "real" drink...

There is no Skywalkers on the Coral. Where do they hold the Platinum/Elite get together?

There is no Skywalkers on the Coral. Where do they hold the Platinum/Elite get together?

The Explorer's Lounge. Proceed to the back of the room to the left and they designate a corner of the room for this purpose..

Thanks. Not as far to go to the MDR!!!!

We have always preferred the Explorer's Lounge for this activity, as it is more conducive to meeting people and for general conversation. The various elevations in Skywalker in both seating placement and table heights does not, at least to us, afford this.

We usually go just before 7 pm since we have late dinner, order a drink (we do not drink mixed drinks, so pay regular price) and enjoy the peace and quiet of the room and whatever they are serving. We don't like crowds -- enjoy watching the sea. Generally these events are not crowded especially when it gets closer to 7pm.

Never have had any interest in attending because of only one drink being offered at that price. I would rather sit on my balcony with my bottle of wine watching the sunset instead of sitting in a lounge drinking a $3.99 + 15 percent gratuity for a Bloody Mary that would have been more appropriate at 10 a.m.

Never have had any interest in attending because of only one drink being offered at that price. I would rather sit on my balcony with my bottle of wine watching the sunset instead of sitting in a lounge drinking a $3.99 + 15 percent gratuity for a Bloody Mary that would have been more appropriate at 10 a.m.

Your point is well taken but we never take advantage of the special drink offer (and don't believe Bloody Mary is one of them), as we prefer to drink something else. But we do take favour in things like the mountain of fresh shrimp and other treats. And on these last two cruises we met some very nice people at this gathering and are in e-mail communication with them now.

Archived