Moveover Notification

homeinboca

I received a note today from Princess offering to change my upcoming cruise on the Emerald to one later in the year and receive some pretty strong incentives to do so. As we are pretty flexible with our travel, we may look into it tomorrow. It's like an oversold situation on airlines where they offer you a travel voucher to take a later flight.

I've never heard of this before. Anyone else receive this and take advantage of the offer?

Back in 2003, the day before our first Princess cruise, we received a moveover offer: postpone our cruise for a few weeks and get a full refund and an upgrade from the lowest category inside to a balcony.

We didn't take them up on it for many reasons (even though for us, there was no flights involved as we were leaving from a port within driving distance). I'm sure they found someone who accepted the offer.

I've had one and took advantage of it -- full refund of my cruise fare for a later departure date of their or my choosing, plus an upgraded cabin category if I went with the date they were offering. I love moveover offers! If you're flexible on dates and happy with the alternative offered, I say go for it. And don't be afraid to ask for different alternatives, too, re dates or cabin choices -- they can only say no; it's not like they'll rescind their first offer because you're too demanding!

Back in 2003' date=' the day before our first Princess cruise, we received a moveover offer: postpone our cruise for a few weeks and get a full refund and an upgrade from the lowest category inside to a balcony.

We didn't take them up on it for many reasons (even though for us, there was no flights involved as we were leaving from a port within driving distance). I'm sure they found someone who accepted the offer.[/quote']

Heck we are retired & flexible;). If Princess offered us going from a inside to a balcony we would be happy indeed:D . What a nice offer:)

I actually just got a call earlier today with an offer. Course, I leave for the cruise tomorrow. In exchange for moving from the 14 day Rio to Santiago cruise, they were offering (at no additional cost, so no refund either), any cruise up to 30 days, upgrade to a mini from a balcony, airfare change fee coverage, and $2259 in onboard credit. Course, I actually have to work, so doing a 30 day cruise, which would be a lot of fun for me, just wouldn't fit the schedule.

I received a note today from Princess offering to change my upcoming cruise on the Emerald to one later in the year and receive some pretty strong incentives to do so. As we are pretty flexible with our travel, we may look into it tomorrow. It's like an oversold situation on airlines where they offer you a travel voucher to take a later flight.

I've never heard of this before. Anyone else receive this and take advantage of the offer?

On our current cruise with Oceania, people have been offered to change to a different TA cruise than ours and were offered a Suite! :eek::D Of course this would mean these people wouldn't be on the new Oceania ship. I still thought that was an unbelievable deal. I don't know what they offered you, but I hope it was something good. :)

We received what I considered a very good offer once from HAL like this. In our case we could not take advantage of it as we did not have the flexibility in our schedule. If its good and you can do it, I would strongly consider it.

Well, it would be interesting to know what the incentives were so that people can really compare! Without details, no one can really answer your question. Quite a few people have been offered move over offers, but without details...

Finally spoke with Princess on the details - it's a later cruise in March, with an upgrade to a suite, and a $1800 OBC to use during the cruise. Not sure we are going to take advantage of that. We already have plans for March and don't think I ever spent $1800 on board before. We could order lots of Champagne and expensive wines I guess! Think of all the fun we could have! Hmmm...

Finally spoke with Princess on the details - it's a later cruise in March, with an upgrade to a suite, and a $1800 OBC to use during the cruise. Not sure we are going to take advantage of that. We already have plans for March and don't think I ever spent $1800 on board before. We could order lots of Champagne and expensive wines I guess! Think of all the fun we could have! Hmmm...

sounds great, especially since you live in Boca and don't have to contend with airline change fees. Here's a hint about that $1800 OBC: Jewelry

You can cash out any money you don't spend on the cruise and take it home.

We agreed to a move over offer years ago on a Carnival ship. Basically they gave us 2 full suites in exchange for outside cabins to cruise a week later. In those days, the ship had only 10 suites and almost no balcony cabins and we received 2 of the best cabins you could imagine.

We were offered to take a later cruise once upon a time. The problems for us were multiple including scheduled time off, airline fees for booking ourselves, private tour arrangements and last but not least, overall excitement for the cruise, the ports, and meeting our fellow roll callers.

Now, if we could temper our enthusiasm for the cruise and be more flexible with our time, the rest could be managed.

The OBC can also go towards excursions, but I like the jewelry option best!:D

I got a phone call from them but they told me I needed to travel around March 7 or later which is tax season for me. They said substantial money back and an upgraded cabin. Since I am in the highest category balcony it must be some some type of suite. HomeinBoca--it looks like our cruise is overbooked. Let us know what you decide.

Since talking it over with DW, we have decided to stay with our existing itinerary. Even though we don't need to deal with flight issues, and the $1,800 OBC was very tempting, we are already in the mind-set of taking this New Years Eve cruise. We've never done one. Also, we have several other land based travel plans later in the year.

spyro1952, I couldn't even tempt her with the jewelry offer!

Happy Holidays everyone!

My cruise is sold out - possibly oversold - and I'm still waiting for a cabin assignment. I booked this particular cruise because my birthday is that week, but I'm not married to it. I can certainly be talked into moving to another cruise. Psssst, Princess, are you listening?

I had a similar situation with HAL several years ago. The Eurodam got a large incentive group about 60 days prior to sailing and as such we were offered to move to another sailing. HAL agreed to upgrade us to best available balcony cabin on any Vista/Signature class ship (we were booked in an obstructed oceanview) within 30 days of our original sailing. Pay any airfare changes and even threw in a free pre-cruise hotel night AND $500 obc.

We switched to the Oosterdam and had a "DAM-good" time :D

P.S. - Dear Princess Revenue management team:

My 1/27/12 Emerald Princess cruise is sold out. Please make a move-over offer to a passenger in a suite, upgrade me and give someone else my obstructed oceanview cabin :rolleyes:

Archived